Good Night/Good Morning thread

It's that time of day (night) guys. I'll catch you all later. :yawn:

One of these days, you'll have to let us know where you are vis a vis GMT. I'm guessing -21 (or is that +3?), but I'm not totally sure.

One of these days, you'll have to let us know where you are vis a vis GMT. I'm guessing -21 (or is that +3?), but I'm not totally sure.

11.20pm. Thursday

Okay, you're 14 hours ahead of me (at the moment--we go to daylight savings time on Sunday). For some reason, I'd thought 17 hours.

Go to bed!

This isn't really good night, but Survivor is on!

Have a 7am tee time to demo the UPRO GPS. Have the review up shortly after that. Looking forward to it. See you guys tomorrow.

My internet connection went blooey on me when I tried to sign out last night (darn Comcast). So good morning everyone.

Hey Josh, I oughta make it to 500 posts today. :banana: Someone, please shut me up!

Nah. We want you talking around these parts.

Happy Halloween everyone.

My internet connection went blooey on me when I tried to sign out last night (darn Comcast). So good morning everyone.

Hey Josh, I oughta make it to 500 posts today. :banana: Someone, please shut me up!

I think you need to get back to work. :banana:

Good morning everyone. Remembering that today is Halloween makes me think of my kitty. In these parts fireworks are a big deal for this day and everytime one goes off in our neighbourhood he just goes nuts, running around the house and hiding under the bed. I feel so sorry for him.

Image16.jpg

Just now as I was sitting here I said to NVM "wow it's going to be a creepy day the ceiling light is even flickering". He shrugged his shoulders while looking at me and replied..."the bulb just burnt out dear".........:disapointed:

And here I thought it was a sign........:skeleton:

Last edited:
Just now as I was sitting here I said to NVM "wow it's going to be a creepy day the ceiling light is even flickering". He shrugged his shoulders while looking at me and replied..."the bulb just burnt out dear".........:disapointed:

And here I thought it was a sign........:skeleton:

Oooh, creepy! Your kitty's a cutie.

Here's my contribution.

:vampire::devil:Happy Halloween! :pumpkin::skeleton:

HALLOWEEN.jpg

My Hallowe'en story: The Kid is a monster, with scary (and huge) rubber mask. We have to secure it tightly, so the eyes stay in place, allowing him to see. He discovered at a party over the weekend that the best way to drink while wearing the mask it to thread a straw up the mask's nose and into his own mouth. Much to all the other kids' amusement. Okay, it looked funny-and totally disgusting.

My Hallowe'en story: The Kid is a monster, with scary (and huge) rubber mask. We have to secure it tightly, so the eyes stay in place, allowing him to see. He discovered at a party over the weekend that the best way to drink while wearing the mask it to thread a straw up the mask's nose and into his own mouth. Much to all the other kids' amusement. Okay, it looked funny-and totally disgusting.

LOL, how come I saw that coming? And how come I'm not surprised it's your kid? :angel:

Where's his costume? Is he not hitting the course today?

Is that my long lost sibling?

LOL, how come I saw that coming? And how come I'm not surprised it's your kid? :angel:

Is that my long lost sibling?

Okay, I have a goofy kid. Particularly because he has no interest in golfing (unlike his sister).

Julie, I didn't see your post of Winston, but I saw him in GolfGal's reply. Adorable! Where's his caddy costume?

ok so i made a mistake.......geeeeez :bicker:

see it wasn't so bad, claire didn't see it in first post but she saw mine, so there :eyepoke:

DOnt forget to tell us what you shot later. Good luck and have a great round!

I had leaves duty today. One of the drawbacks of autumn. At least the oak tree had ZERO acorns this year. Last year I think was an all-time record for those dang things. Hope that's a sign of a mild winter (since it gives the squirrels less storage of food for the winter).

I had leaves duty today. One of the drawbacks of autumn. At least the oak tree had ZERO acorns this year. Last year I think was an all-time record for those dang things. Hope that's a sign of a mild winter (since it gives the squirrels less storage of food for the winter).

It indicates a bad summer, or stress for the tree. Flowers and seeds and all reproductive material takes energy for a plant to grow, so if a tree is not doing it's best (such as lack of water, overheating/overcooled, etc etc) it won't waste the energy on reproducing/growing reproductive materials. Flowers don't grow in droughts. It's the same reason an emaciated woman's cycle will stop (she won't be able to get pregnant).

Make sure it doesn't have Oak Wilt.

It's had zero acorns before, and years it hardly had any before. My neighbor's oak goes through the same cycles (and she mentioned today that she didn't get any acorns this year either), so I'm figuring it's OK again. We had plenty of rain and it wasn't as hot as in years past so we'll see. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep an eye on it.

DOnt forget to tell us what you shot later. Good luck and have a great round!

shot an 85, in the rain though, is that an excuse? but, handicap is still going down,approaching 12. :banana:

I am so freaking bored silly.

This has no point.

Just saying.

Good night, all you people who have better things to do than amuse me. :smile:

Back