Srixon Q-Star Divide golf balls

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
I'm a huge fan of Srixon Q-Star balls. Have always enjoyed playing them. Great price and good performance for my game.

In my last round I found a Srixon Q-Star Divide ball, in blue and yellow and thought it was the ugliest thing I have ever seen. My son put it in to play, and I was honestly shocked at how well I could track it in the air and liked how visible it was to the eye.

Since that round, I've been thinking about the color design and how well my eye tracked it...combined with liking the Q-Star ball. So, I ordered a couple dozen this evening and am going to put them in to play. Anyone else play the divide?

qstar.jpeg

I'm a huge fan of Srixon Q-Star balls. Have always enjoyed playing them. Great price and good performance for my game.

In my last round I found a Srixon Q-Star Divide ball, in blue and yellow and thought it was the ugliest thing I have ever seen. My son put it in to play, and I was honestly shocked at how well I could track it in the air and liked how visible it was to the eye.

Since that round, I've been thinking about the color design and how well my eye tracked it...combined with liking the Q-Star ball. So, I ordered a couple dozen this evening and am going to put them in to play. Anyone else play the divide?

View attachment 9191011

I knew I liked you?!

Yes. I love them. And the blue/yellow is really easy to find.

View attachment 9191011

Yep, I play the blue/yellow and orange/yellow and love it. It speeds up my round, as I am spending less time searching for errant shots.

I used to play the matte duo professional, but I think they stopped making it. It seems like this is the only colorful, matte urethane ball in the market right now.

Love them! Can't see the blue if it lands blue side up, but love the yellow/orange!

Yep, I play the blue/yellow and orange/yellow and love it. It speeds up my round, as I am spending less time searching for errant shots.

I used to play the matte duo professional, but I think they stopped making it. It seems like this is the only colorful, matte urethane ball in the market right now.
It really is the ugliest ball I have ever seen in my life, but damn I really liked it. Lining it up vertically on putts gave instant feedback on how bad it was mishit.

I was blown away at how well I could see the blue/yellow version on the tee box and in the air! I thought for sure that I'd have trouble tracking them! Until it hit the ground. Not sure what it is, but they become like camouflage to me.

That said, I LOVE the Divide balls. I swap between the Z-Star in White/Yellow and Chrome Soft. I pick my ball mainly by how it feels on the green, followed closely by feel around the green. It has to be soft and not too loud. From there it's alignment, and feel off irons. I use the divide more often to line myself up off the tee and give me something to focus on at address. It helps with depth perception to make sure I get the best strike based on where I'm set up. Z-Star Divide checks off all the boxes for me.

I actually just picked up another 4 dozen after finding a BOGO deal a couple weeks ago! Couldn't pass that up!

I think I was most surprised with it on the green, as well. My son had a downhill 50ft putt, left to right. He lined it up, hit it perfect, and the ball rolled so true and he freaking dropped the longest putt he has ever hit. I knew it was going in the time it left the putter head, just based on how true it was rolling by looking at the colours.

I think I was most surprised with it on the green, as well. My son had a downhill 50ft putt, left to right. He lined it up, hit it perfect, and the ball rolled so true and he freaking dropped the longest putt he has ever hit. I knew it was going in the time it left the putter head, just based on how true it was rolling by looking at the colours.
It's really fun watching them tumble when everything lines up eh?!

My only criticism of this golf ball is the matte finish. It gets dirty very easily.

My only criticism of this golf ball is the matte finish. It gets dirty very easily.
Valid point. Matte finish on colored balls is better than matte finish white balls though.

I was going the other way with that... but same, same. Haha!
I got you! Im such a debbie downer when I hit a putt that I expect the worst.

I haven't played them, but they're sure fun to watch in the air when others play them.

I bought 9 dozen over fathers day. Love the Yellow/red color as that is a color I seem to see best. Can't see the blue color at all, so for me, that is a pass.

Always love this time of year when I switch to these full time!

3 dozen? You know they're buy 2 get one 1 free most places right?

Always love this time of year when I switch to these full time!
Ive been using them nearly exclusively for months now, love them! Get a few funny looks here and there when I tee up a blue/yellow ball, but I love it.

3 dozen? You know they're buy 2 get one 1 free most places right?
On July 6th, when I posted that, they were not buy 2 get 1 free.

However, I did load up on the Amazon BOGO deal a few weeks back!

On July 6th, when I posted that, they were not buy 2 get 1 free.

However, I did load up on the Amazon BOGO deal a few weeks back!
Oh sorry, old bump I guess. Nice!

Ive been using them nearly exclusively for months now, love them! Get a few funny looks here and there when I tee up a blue/yellow ball, but I love it.
I used the red / yellow's quite a bit and I really like them.

Back