Interlock, overlap, or baseball?

What is your golf grip?

• Total voters
Overlap, anything else and it’s a hook.

I chose “Other” because I use what’s called the Intermesh grip.
1704225371284.jpeg

I Was a baseball player my whole life, so when i started out I went baseball grip but quickly switched to interlock. Just felt like I had more control of the swing.

Started with interlock, but went to overlap maybe like 15 years ago or more.

That is different
Learned about it in one of Greg Norman’s books MANY years ago. For me, interlock doesn’t feel secure at all. Overlap I never got comfortable with. intermesh felt solid and natural right from the start.

Interlock. I tried overlap for a bit last year and it was too uncomfortable. It was actually painful after a couple range sessions, so I went back to interlock.

Interlock. I have tried to switch to overlap a few times. It just doesnt take. It feels so loose.
Same.

Oddly. I was doing a paddle drill with driver earlier and even that feels more natural than overlap.

Overlap for me. I started with interlock but ran into some issues with discomfort. Switched to overlap and haven't looked back.

Learned about it in one of Greg Norman’s books MANY years ago. For me, interlock doesn’t feel secure at all. Overlap I never got comfortable with. intermesh felt solid and natural right from the start.

Interlock, although the arthritis in a couple of my fingers may necessitate a change to overlap

Interlock. It's how my buddy who introduced me to the game gripped it so I emulated him. I've tried overlap a few time over the years but every time I felt like the club was going to go slinging out of my hands.

Interlock. I tried overlap and 10 finger, just couldn't do it.

Started with overlap as a kid, but swapped to interlock

Tried overlap a couple times whilst hitting at ranges but always went back to interlock

Interlock, I have experimented with others but this feels the most comfortable and has the better results.

Ten Finger/Baseball

Interlock

I’ve always been interlock. Tried to go overlap and can’t do it.

I just went back to interlocking in 2023 from the baseball grip that I used for the previous 5 or so years,

Ten finger or baseball, whatever you want to call it. It works for me, no reason to change.

Overlapper.

Overlap, I started with interlock but overlapped works better for me. I play with a couple of 10 finger grip guys that are scratch golfers. Never was able to ctrl the right hand with 10 finger grip. On a side note when my son started I didn't give him much instruction except stance, and swing like you mean it. He gripped the club like a baseball bat. He was actually good for his age 10ish so i didn't interfere, went to his first formal golf instruction around 12 and they changed his grip.

Since I first took up the game, I used the overlap grip until a couple of years ago. Watching a video by Padraig Harrington in which he mentioned that the ten finger/baseball grip could generate a little more speed, I switched to it. Now, any other method of gripping the club feels strange.

Interlock. I’ve experimented with the others, as well as the double and reverse overlaps, and saw no real difference in ball striking, so I just kinda defaulted to the interlock that I was taught as a kid.

Back