His career is the the crapper and he doesn't seem to care. If he cared, he'd stop with the binge drinking/passing-out-drunk crap and get cleaned up and play some golf. Quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing his name. I don't think he's good for the sport. Bringing in money is not all it should be about when he is in an event. Being good for the sport means being a positive influence on the game with your abilities and conduct. I don't think he should get a sponsorship exemption next year. Since he can't seem to make a cut, let him go back to Q-School and tough it out like the guys that truly want to be on tour. The guy is a waste and I'll be glad when the soap opera is over...

Another typical year in the life of JD story... I like the part about when he had his shirt off he didn't think they would air the footage.

His career is the the crapper and he doesn't seem to care. If he cared, he'd stop with the binge drinking/passing-out-drunk crap and get cleaned up and play some golf. Quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing his name. I don't think he's good for the sport. Bringing in money is not all it should be about when he is in an event. Being good for the sport means being a positive influence on the game with your abilities and conduct. I don't think he should get a sponsorship exemption next year. Since he can't seem to make a cut, let him go back to Q-School and tough it out like the guys that truly want to be on tour. The guy is a waste and I'll be glad when the soap opera is over...

Well said. I still like the guy, but I am tired of hearing about all his BS also.

I still like him!
At least he keeps things interesting.

only rich people can act crazy/stupid and still be respected. and now that JD is selling trinkets for cash,he's officially a loser ......

So all the rest of the pro athletes that sell autographed items at shows are losers too.

Only if nobody shows up and pays for an autograph :act-up:

Touche' :beat-up:

I always defend him it seems. I just think some things are deeper and have more meaning opposed to the superficial normalized standards set forth by not only the golf "standard", but also by any means in which one lives.

That's true Mike. Even though it looks bad, I'll give him credit as to at leats he is not stealing, etc. to supoort his habits like MANY people do. I can't but think he is a good guy deep down.

sounds like he set up shop by himself(with permission obviously), pretty desperate it seems.

He has a deal with Hooters for in store apperances and sells his stuff out of his "trailer' in the parking lot(just like they do at NASCAR events). He has been doing this for several years now(since the money train left town).

Nothing wrong with a guy making an honest living. I've given up on him turning it around and being out on tour again, but the guy's gotta pay the bills. More power to him if he can make a living doing that. Still, with that talent, I would like to think that I would clean up my act and get my card again and stay clean.

I sincerely hope that one day he proves me wrong, I look forward to being surprised one day.

I think there are a lot of people that would love to see the guy turn his life around and get back to being an elite player(well for him anyway). Sadly, it is quite obvious that isn't going to happen any time soon. You would think he has been humbled enough that he might want to turn himself around, but he'd rather party and make bad decissions. That is all I have to say about JD until he actually does get it together.

Ya know, I was thinking about all of this...He should be an actor. He gets into minor troubles all the time, addicted, divorces, etc. He is a star!
And also, who else gets more consistent press in golf than him? Tiger, Phil, and maybe a few others. But for so called has-been he gets more press than anyone else from what I see. Flavors of the week come and go.

UBS Hong Kong Open

UBS Hong Kong Open

.... and John Daly ties for 17th at the UBS Hong Kong Open. He turned back the clock with his final round 62 (just missing a birdie put on the 18th). His best score in three years.

John's scores over the 4 days were 68, 68, 73, 62.

Here is his post match interview. http://twii.edgeboss.net/download/twii/europeantour/audio/Daly_John_UBSday4.mp3?ewk13=1

His golf shirt didn't appear as 'flamboyant' and was without the flame-like designs of recent times. I think I caught a glimpse of the sponsor's logo as "Blue Collar Golf" so his clothing sponsor may have changed. I saw he was wearing adidas shoes, which were probably straight from the course's pro shop.

Overall a much better result for JD. He will playing at the Australian Masters this weekend and then the Australian PGA the following week. I'll be sure to mention John's performance when I file my reports.

.... and John Daly ties for 17th at the UBS Hong Kong Open. He turned back the clock with his final round 62 (just missing a birdie put on the 18th). His best score in three years.

John's scores over the 4 days were 68, 68, 73, 62.

Here is his post match interview. http://twii.edgeboss.net/download/twii/europeantour/audio/Daly_John_UBSday4.mp3?ewk13=1

His golf shirt didn't appear as 'flamboyant' and was without the flame-like designs of recent times. I think I caught a glimpse of the sponsor's logo as "Blue Collar Golf" so his clothing sponsor may have changed. I saw he was wearing adidas shoes, which were probably straight from the course's pro shop.

Overall a much better result for JD. He will playing at the Australian Masters this weekend and then the Australian PGA the following week. I'll be sure to mention John's performance when I file my reports.

I watched alot of it... I was glad to see him do well.

Yes it was good to see him do well this week; long-term (even short-term) though, can't get excited about it. He's already proven the bottle is more important so he'll have to prove that it isn't. I hope he does but I'm not too confident that it will happen.

Man, I missed it! Go Big John!
Gotta love that guy. If I could meet any pro it would be Tiger of course, if I could hang out and actually just talk to any pro it would be Daly!

I'm sure Appleby's feelings are the rule and not the exception among Tour players.

Back