L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max Putter Review

I felt like it messed with my eyes a bit with how the shaft goes down into the head, and I just couldn't tell when that leading edge was squared up.

IF I were to ever do a custom one again, I'd go with this alignment system on it. Just to give me something else to look at. When I placed my order, I went with the thick black line.

View attachment 9239711
I like that better, though my eyes still get confused. I think it's the angle of the shaft.

I like that better, though my eyes still get confused. I think it's the angle of the shaft.
yeah the face looks so far in front of the shaft. I will say though, I felt like I putted better this past year with this than I have with anything else in the previous 3-4 seasons.

yeah the face looks so far in front of the shaft. I will say though, I felt like I putted better this past year with this than I have with anything else in the previous 3-4 seasons.

That says a lot too. I could get past the look if there was a way to make sure I was square at address. Could just be a matter of training the eyes a bit. Other than that, I really liked the look (even the weird shaft).

That says a lot too. I could get past the look if there was a way to make sure I was square at address. Could just be a matter of training the eyes a bit. Other than that, I really liked the look (even the weird shaft).
what shaft did they have in them at your store?

black steel?
Yea, looking at the store's website, it looks like it was "Lab Premium Steel". That said, I could have been a different color. I rolled a lot of putters that day.

I absolutely love my mezz max and mezz max broomstick. Took me awhile to adjust to the broomstick but now that I have had it for a bit it is really easy to hit your line. Can’t wait to get it out on the course this spring

Was it a setup thing for you? I just felt like it was wide open when I set it down. Felt great, smooth through the stroke, and the roll was solid.
Interesting you are finding it sitting open, when I first got mine I thought it looked a bit closed.

I had 30 putts yesterday and 32 today. Had 3 3 putts today, but the greens were new to me and very strange (poanna). I’ve never played on that before and I had a couple of monster putts. Had 3 birdies and several one putts. Solid beginning for me and the Mezz Max. Definitely a Keeper.

For those of you that like the LAB putters & you have some spare $$$ ($1,000 - $1,500) laying around. Special Edition for Valentine's Day

1707930371286.png

1707930385712.png

1707930399503.png

I kind of dig it.

Anyone using the Lab Press Pistol grip? I'm thinking of trying it on my Mezz 1.

I’m a believer in the tech. I have putted side by side with my previous stick and was able to have a significantly smaller dispersion. I like putters for aesthetics, and while they are not the prettiest, I wouldn’t put in a round without a Lab putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a believer in the tech. I have putted side by side with my previous stick and was able to have a significantly smaller dispersion. I like putters for aesthetics, and while they are not the prettiest, I wouldn’t put in a round without a Lab putter.

It took me a bit to really buy into the tech, but I'm with you, I'm a believer. Having had it in the bag for more than a season now, I honestly think it has made me a better putter. The only think I've thought about doing lately is changing the grip, but for my only round of 24 I still kept the Press 1.5 on it, and now I'm waffling on going to the pistol.

It took me a bit to really buy into the tech, but I'm with you, I'm a believer. Having had it in the bag for more than a season now, I honestly think it has made me a better putter. The only think I've thought about doing lately is changing the grip, but for my only round of 24 I still kept the Press 1.5 on it, and now I'm waffling on going to the pistol.

I debated the pistol grip as well however opted for the 1.5. My thought process was that this pistol requires more uneven pressure to grip versus something like the 1.5 that has a uniform surface across the grip. Prob no factual basis to my theory but it bodes well for my mental game.

Hi, I'm currently in the process of testing some LAB putters that a pro shop kindly lended me for testing on the course. They have the standard shaft and was looking for thoughts & feedback on the custom LAB shafts offering (Accra, BGT, TPT, LA Golf).
Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm currently in the process of testing some LAB putters that a pro shop kindly lended me for testing on the course. They have the standard shaft and was looking for thoughts & feedback on the custom LAB shafts offering (Accra, BGT, TPT, LA Golf).
Thanks in advance!
The one I reviewed and still game has the Accra shaft in it. I think I mentioned in the review but a big thing in the shaft selection is LAB believes it alters the feel of the softness of the putter. I know some have said that Mezz doesn’t feel good, I’m the opposite I really like the feel as it feels soft-ish to me.

To piggyback on what ddec said, it’s primarily a feel thing. I have the tft shaft as I’m a buy once cry once. If you decide to upgrade it later you’ll have to pay a couple hundred for a rebalance. I have only used one with the stock shaft and the tft. The tft def has a softer feel than the stock shaft. If you’re needing anything specific let me know and I’ll see what I can do to give as much info as possible.

To piggyback on what ddec said, it’s primarily a feel thing. I have the tft shaft as I’m a buy once cry once. If you decide to upgrade it later you’ll have to pay a couple hundred for a rebalance. I have only used one with the stock shaft and the tft. The tft def has a softer feel than the stock shaft. If you’re needing anything specific let me know and I’ll see what I can do to give as much info as possible.

So I just did an 18-hole with the Mezz.1 Max with stock shaft. The dew on the greens were strong so it wasn't the best condition but I was finding myself having to put "harder" than I'm used to with my SC Squareback 2. The hits on the face felt hard with a clicking sound/feel. Wondering if one of the LAB shaft would make a change to these 2 "hurdles"

So I just did an 18-hole with the Mezz.1 Max with stock shaft. The dew on the greens were strong so it wasn't the best condition but I was finding myself having to put "harder" than I'm used to with my SC Squareback 2. The hits on the face felt hard with a clicking sound/feel. Wondering if one of the LAB shaft would make a change to these 2 "hurdles"
I upgraded to tpt from stock and the difference was noticeable in feel...and for me lag putting

I originally purchased the max with the standard steel shaft and quickly ordered one with the Accra. Feel and sound are a lot better with the Accra, super glad upgraded. I couldn’t stomach the upgrade cost for the tpt shaft but would love to try it out at point.

Back