julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
doppelgangskort.jpg

So I got this package today from a guy I know who has this website I like...I was SO excited to get my skort, and thought I should maybe throw up a few pictures and make some comments.

Just looking at it, I was really excited that they use environmentally friendly products. I was not aware of this Canadian company before now.

I was nervous about how it would fit after all the horror stories, but it was snug as a glove (which makes it true to size, girls). It is stretchy but not spandexy, so it has some give to fit your form but isn't unforgiving.

It's basically a pair of black shorts with a flap in front and one in back - an interesting design choice, especially considering I put up the most flattering angled pics, but I'll forgive it since it looks ok standing. It has two pockets big enough to fit golf balls on either side, but even stranger, a zipper and pocket down the front flap (in photo, bottom left). I can't think of a thing I would want to put in there. But the zipper is hidden, so it's not distracting.

It's classic black but I love the touch of sunshine yellow (as you might guess by the shirt I just happened to be wearing today). It felt good, a modest length (that I like,) I know it will be cool here in Texas but still sporty and classy. I was sad to take it off! I know it will be my favorite, go-to golf skort. I don't have many golf clothes, so I know this piece will work with many outfits and will definitely get plenty of wear.

And I'm not saying this just cause I like presents! (Which I do. But you know. :wink:)

Julie,
Thanks for sharing. This brings music to our ears knowing that people like the stuff that we send them for contests and giveaways. Doppelgang is a unique company that Golfer Gal found and was thrilled. Their stuff is upscale and a bit pricey, but all THP readers get 40% off if they contact them and mention where they heard of the stuff from. 40% is a great savings.

Glad you like it. It was an odd piece, but cool nonetheless.

I have never seen a flap like that... interesting

have you played in it yet?

i wear a kilt. am one of those like yourself who likes to show a little leg when playing golf

when you say these skorts are made with environmentally friendly products, exactly what are these?

i am a big advocate of hemp clothing which is a great thread for the masses

Read the review on the main site and you will see all of the details.

pretty cool!, thank you "the hacker's paradise" for promoting environmentally aware products

we can heal the earth! we can heal ourselves!

http://doppelgang.ca/aboutus.htm

"Fabric Notes

Our Cap and 3/4 Sleeve styles are created using an environmentally focused 100% polyester fabric derived from a biomass of crab and shrimp shells.

Absorbent, breathable, fast drying, durable, static-free, wrinkle proof, wickable, non-toxic, pill-resistant, odor resistant, biodegradable and anti-bacterial; it's even certified by Environmental Agencies from the USA, Britain, Japan and Switzerland. Ah, but the best part? It hangs beautifully and has a truly sensual feel.

The High-Performance Sleeveless and Joey Jackette Set pieces are composed of lightweight, durable, vibrant, wickable, fast-drying, soft and sleek 100% polyester. The fabric is ideal for maneuverability and dry, cool comfort in any situation.

To compliment the refined classy style of the Cross-Over concept, our designer chose this unbelievably delicate and soft 95% soy, 5% spandex fabric; however, don't let this very girlish rouse deceive you. Like the women who love this piece, the qualities behind the fabric are not to be taken lightly; this is a very technical work of art in a durable Haute Couture sports fabric (!) with wickability and inherent UV and bacteria protection. The production of soy even helps diminish the use of pesticides as an alternative to cotton. This one means business.

Doppelgäng products are designed and manufactured in Vancouver, British Columbia."

We are glad you are happy. Keep in mind that all THP members receive 40% off from their site.

:beauty: embroided on the front; :blowkiss: this on the back....only kidding...needs something though. Julie, you are lucky to have a figure for all clothes types.

I have never seen a flap like that... interesting

have you played in it yet?

No, I literally just got it today. I'll report on how it plays.

Our Cap and 3/4 Sleeve styles are created using an environmentally focused 100% polyester fabric derived from a biomass of crab and shrimp shells.

yay Vancouver!

hmmmm, that's where all my crab shells go.

It did feel kinda clammy...

Just kidding, but in all seriousness, Mike, a little disturbing! :wink:

:beauty: embroided on the front; :blowkiss: this on the back....only kidding...needs something though. Julie, you are lucky to have a figure for all clothes types.

Very sweet... I think...

So, which pics are the front and which are the back??(just kidding). Glad you like it, and I think we have found our THP fashion model.

So, which pics are the front and which are the back??(just kidding). Glad you like it, and I think we have found our THP fashion model.

You're saying I have no butt! (Oh god, it's true!)

In all seriousness though, I think the skort would fit either way, like I said, a fair balance of stretch but not too clingy.

Last edited:

In all seriousness though, I think the skort would fit either way, like I said, a fair balance of stretch but not too clingy.

I think we'll need more photographic proof of that. :blob: :banana: I don't think I could pull that skort off. Maybe a kilt but not that. :beauty:

I think we'll need more photographic proof of that. :blob: :banana: I don't think I could pull that skort off. Maybe a kilt but not that. :beauty:

I'll lend you the skort if you'd provide the photographic evidence of you 'pulling it off' or not...

I'll lend you the skort if you'd provide the photographic evidence of you 'pulling it off' or not...

Definitely don't want to see THAT!
240.png

looks good to me julie...

is this a relatively expensive / higher end brand?

I just checked the website...looks like this skort is $110. D@MN!

Gees, thanks (again) JB and GG!

Dont forget all of THP members get 40% off though.

I just checked the website...looks like this skort is $110. D@MN!

Gees, thanks (again) JB and GG!

little steep huh? hey, the holidays are coming up though

Sure. :roll: Only if you deliver it personally. :wink: :banana:

Definitely don't want to see THAT!
240.png

For the good of the forum those pictures will not be posted publicly. It would not be pretty. :sick:

Back