JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite shaft for their driver.

I havent hit many... but I do like the Aldila NV.

VOODOO:D

my favorite shaft to play so far was the GD ysQ. unfortunately, the clubmaker i go to can't get the ysQ out of my 907 d2 without it becoming weak and snapping due to the amount of heat necessary to remove shafts from a titleist hosel. and i don't like the d2, so that sucks. my favorite 3 wood shaft is the vs proto. it is so powerful. hey scooter, do you think the voodoo is worth the $300 because i am going to get a new shaft for my g10 and i have no idea what to get

UST V2, by far the best shaft under a 100 bucks.

there are some great shafts out there but they often carry hefty price tags. it's hard to find a really quality shaft for under 100 bucks.

I havent hit many... but I do like the Aldila NV.

Me too...75gm....and I've demo'd plenty. It is important that the shaft has been fitted properly with the shaft spine aligned in a neutral position. One way to test this is to clamp the butt end with the toe of the club facing upwards or downwards. Push the head downwards, just enough that when you release it the head will vibrate. If the head vibrates on an up and down path everything is good. If it vibrates in a circular or diagonal path the spine (hot spot on the shaft) can influence the clubhead to do strange things through the ball.

• Admin
Ak,
Its funny you say that because we were talking about GD today (Tincup and I) and both pros said "junk". I have only played thy ysQ, adn like you I enjoyed it. IT goes to show that different people like different things.

well i can see why they dont like. GD is definately a shaft company that you either love or hate. the shafts a pretty whippy no matter what flex, so chances are you wont like them if you prefer an unwhippy shaft such as aldila or the lower launch grafalloy shafts. its my favorite shaft to play so far, but then again i am only familar with the ust: v2 and v2 highlaunch, aldila: vs proto, nvs, nv, grafalloy: blue and prolaunch blue, and also the graphite design ysQ. i haven't tried any diamana or fujikura shafts.

the ysQ is my favorite shaft as of now, but it is also tied with the v2 in my opinion. this says alot cuz the v2 is less the half the price but performs the same in my opinion. i would really like to get my hands on a voodoo, a diamana blue, and a fuji rombax to try them out

• Admin
AK,
We are definately on different sides, because none of us really liked the voodoo at all.

i don't know if i like the voodoo or not, i just said i wanted to try it on the range or something. interesting you dont like it cuz it seems all hyped up.

... It is important that the shaft has been fitted properly with the shaft spine aligned in a neutral position. One way to test this is to clamp the butt end with the toe of the club facing upwards or downwards. Push the head downwards, just enough that when you release it the head will vibrate. If the head vibrates on an up and down path everything is good. If it vibrates in a circular or diagonal path the spine (hot spot on the shaft) can influence the clubhead to do strange things through the ball.

Good practical advice razaar. Thanks.

i don't know if i like the voodoo or not, i just said i wanted to try it on the range or something. interesting you dont like it cuz it seems all hyped up.

It is definately hyped. I wanted to like it. So did everyone else there. It was like we were supposed to like it. That goes along the same lines of everything Titleist. Their marketing is fabulous.

ya i am realizing that now. chances are that i will end up with a v2 in my g10. can anybody vouch for the fuji rombax and speeder, and a diamana blue. those are shafts i am looking at but have never gotten to hit and i was wondering if anybody has any of those or has hit a driver with 1 of them in it

Back