I've got the 4h and it's sooo good. Since I got it, it's remained the absolute favourite in the bag. Hit it again today at the sim and had my playing partners asking "what is that, it launches so high!".
Haha, that’s what I like about the 24.

The original Tec at 19 was a WEAPON For me, it was so fade biased it was amazeballs.

Haha, that’s what I like about the 24.

The original Tec at 19 was a WEAPON For me, it was so fade biased it was amazeballs.
First hybrid I ever had that wasn't auditioning for the role of Captain Hook. I absolutely love it still. Always will.

As I documented my 7W battles in that thread this evening, the UW is getting its crack back in the bag.

But, after posting my thoughts on the 24 and how it’s been since being back in the bag…..

What about a 19 in these instead?

Sometimes, I hate myself.
I've got the 19 and now that it's dialed in it's an absolute rocket launcher.

I've got the 19 and now that it's dialed in it's an absolute rocket launcher.
I totally believe it, these are a hoot. I think the size turns some people off, but man they’re fast.

I totally believe it, these are a hoot. I think the size turns some people off, but man they’re fast.
I've never viewed the size as big in anyway. But I guess that's me being a wuss and actually feeling like I can't miss with the head.

I've never owned a hybrid with so much adjustability. In the video I posted it's plain as day how well those adjustments work. I was able to tinker, change a few things, and BOOM improved the ball flight

Cobra made a magic wand with this one.

Last edited:
For last season Going back through my strokes gained for distances from about 190-220 ish were among the best relative to all my other distances. Those are where I hit 3 and 5 KT hybrid. I had a number of these shots especially with the 3hy where I was just trying to get something close because my tee shot left me in a less than desirable position. Instead I ended up on the green when I had no business being there. Just gotta smile recalling those.
As I experiment early this year I am making myself use other clubs (5w) because I already know how awesome these are and what exactly they will do for me.

For last season Going back through my strokes gained for distances from about 190-220 ish were among the best relative to all my other distances. Those are where I hit 3 and 5 KT hybrid. I had a number of these shots especially with the 3hy where I was just trying to get something close because my tee shot left me in a less than desirable position. Instead I ended up on the green when I had no business being there. Just gotta smile recalling those.
As I experiment early this year I am making myself use other clubs (5w) because I already know how awesome these are and what exactly they will do for me.
You're not allowed to get better with other clubs too. At least before October.

Picked up a 14 and 10 g weight. Hoping the 14 in the back gives me back a little bit of the launch I’ve lost as the swing continues to evolve.

Still so cool you get this much adjustability in a hybrid.

Still so cool you get this much adjustability in a hybrid.
Agree it’s great. Was able to dial in nicely yesterday. I’m still not sure I’m in love with either shaft option I’ve tried. I think I’d like to give Linq Blue 75 F4 a shot. They are stock options in Mizuno hybrids so at least should be easy-ish to find somewhere.

I'm a big auditory guy. I love to listen to and compare the sounds our golf clubs make. This sound from Cobra is good, snappy, sounds powerful, IMO.
What do you guys think?

Listen here.

The settings I tweaked at the Sim the other day, held up pretty well on the course. I didn’t play a bunch of holes but I went to a couple where I could specifically use the 3h.

It’s a long par three wind was blowing heavy in the face, so it was playing close to 205. I hit a couple of balls, and both of them went on a rocket straight (pulled) ball flight pin high left. Obviously I was aimed for a fade. With a little bit more time to start to trust my ball flight the three hybrid might become point and shoot.
Video here.

Last edited:
Played Friday and on #9 I was sitting at 1 over with a decent round going and had 186 yards left all fly over water into a 472 dogleg par 5. Pulled out the #5 Tec hybrid and went for it. Did not even hit a great shot but still hit the green with about 35 feet left. Nice having a club in the bag you can hit with confidence to go on situations like this. :cool:

I'm having trouble figuring out the right shafts for my 3 and 5h.

@Wonger let me borrow his KBS PGI from his 3h and while it feels better to me than the MMT I took out of mine it still isn't giving me the feel I want. As discussed earlier I was able to dial in the head through adjustments in where the weights are and adjusted the hosel setting to standard draw. But it's still not 100% what I want. I'd like to try a shaft that has a little more flex/load at the top of my backswing. Feeling that flex/load helps me time my move to the ball.

I like the head and will continue to try to dial it in with the best shaft I can. I found a Tensei blue hybrid shaft on Ebay for $30 that I'm pondering. I enjoyed Tensei Blue in driver last year. Maybe I'll like it in hybrid. Has anyone ever used one?

I'm having trouble figuring out the right shafts for my 3 and 5h.

@Wonger let me borrow his KBS PGI from his 3h and while it feels better to me than the MMT I took out of mine it still isn't giving me the feel I want. As discussed earlier I was able to dial in the head through adjustments in where the weights are and adjusted the hosel setting to standard draw. But it's still not 100% what I want. I'd like to try a shaft that has a little more flex/load at the top of my backswing. Feeling that flex/load helps me time my move to the ball.

I like the head and will continue to try to dial it in with the best shaft I can. I found a Tensei blue hybrid shaft on Ebay for $30 that I'm pondering. I enjoyed Tensei Blue in driver last year. Maybe I'll like it in hybrid. Has anyone ever used one?
No experience with that, sorry. Have you tried the Hzrdus Silver in anything? It might be too similiar in feel to the MMT for you, but I've really enjoyed it.

There's a feeling of load that comes easily and effortlessly, but still stable through the swing. I know the '22 GD folks had good experiences with them.

Currently have one in my D, 3h & 6h. MMT in the King Tec 4h.

No experience with that, sorry. Have you tried the Hzrdus Silver in anything? It might be too similiar in feel to the MMT for you, but I've really enjoyed it.

There's a feeling of load that comes easily and effortlessly, but still stable through the swing. I know the '22 GD folks had good experiences with them.

Currently have one in my D, 3h & 6h. MMT in the King Tec 4h.
I haven't tried that one but I'll go looking for somewhere I can swing one this coming week. Thanks for the rec! I'll let you know if I find one.

I haven't tried that one but I'll go looking for somewhere I can swing one this coming week. Thanks for the rec! I'll let you know if I find one.
Great! I've been really happy with them. I've got the 70S in both, but the 6h could benefit even from a 80S.

I play the MMT at 80S.

Great! I've been really happy with them. I've got the 70S in both, but the 6h could benefit even from a 80S.

I play the MMT at 80S.
What is your thought process behind keeping the MMT 80s in the 6?
I'm pretty miserable with it in my 5h. It feels like I'm swinging metal rod.

What is your thought process behind keeping the MMT 80s in the 6?
I'm pretty miserable with it in my 5h. It feels like I'm swinging metal rod.
I have the MMT 80S in my King Tec 4h. It came stock with that and I've had great success with it. Absolutely loved the automatic nature of the combo. I do admit, that it requires a bit more of power for me in the swing to work than the Silver.

Both Silvers are 70S. I first got one in the Paradym 6h and liked the feel so much that I got one for my ESH 3h.

I've thought about changing the 4h also to a 70S Silver to see how it feels like, but with the MC bag coming up, didn't want to mess with something I've had great success with.

I like to play an almost iron-like swing with my hybrids. For me, both the MMT and the Silver work well for that kind of a swing. But I have wondered, if the 6h might be even better with a heavier shaft. But so far, I haven't touched it as the 70 works so well currently.

I can get quite erratic with squaring the face on shafts of what I'd call "looser" feel. Many of the blue profile shafts have been that way for me in S/F4. Hence the like for the MMT and the Silver, of which the MMT is definitely stouter feeling.

I also really liked the feel of LinQ White when I tested it in Darkspeed woods, but the spin profile is too low for me currently.

In my continued quest to find a good shaft matchup for me with the King Tec's I went to Golf Exchange today and my guy there handed me a King Tec with a Hazrdus Smoke Black 6.0 90g. I was shocked with how well I hit it. Was swinging it close to 95mph and had a very nice penetrating ball flight.

One small issue I've had with the King Tec's is ballooning them a little, especially the 5h. Might be something to this heavier and lower flight Smoke Black.

In my continued quest to find a good shaft matchup for me with the King Tec's I went to Golf Exchange today and my guy there handed me a King Tec with a Hazrdus Smoke Black 6.0 90g. I was shocked with how well I hit it. Was swinging it close to 95mph and had a very nice penetrating ball flight.

One small issue I've had with the King Tec's is ballooning them a little, especially the 5h. Might be something to this heavier and lower flight Smoke Black.
That is how the MMT 80S is for me. More of a penetrating ball flight. In fact I dialed all 3 of my hybrids up +1 deg to increase height, and close the gap from 6 iron to 5 hyb.

That is how the MMT 80S is for me. More of a penetrating ball flight. In fact I dialed all 3 of my hybrids up +1 deg to increase height, and close the gap from 6 iron to 5 hyb.
I did the same for mine. 4h +1 with the MMT.

Had about an hour and a half to play some holes today and I realized something when I was filming. One of the major setup faults I have over the years is that as the season progresses my ball position starts inching forward until I get to the point to where the ball is so far forward that low-point is all screwed up andI start having a lot of issues at impact. Sometimes sliding with straight pushes, sometimes OTT double crosses with pulls left.

Well, I did some face-on video today (don't worry I'm not going to post it here) and noticed that my ball position with both 3 and 5 hybrid was almost as far forward as driver position. Big problem. I made the adjustment and started hitting very nice low draws and straight balls with around 10-15y further distance.

We back :cool:

Had about an hour and a half to play some holes today and I realized something when I was filming. One of the major setup faults I have over the years is that as the season progresses my ball position starts inching forward until I get to the point to where the ball is so far forward that low-point is all screwed up andI start having a lot of issues at impact. Sometimes sliding with straight pushes, sometimes OTT double crosses with pulls left.

Well, I did some face-on video today (don't worry I'm not going to post it here) and noticed that my ball position with both 3 and 5 hybrid was almost as far forward as driver position. Big problem. I made the adjustment and started hitting very nice low draws and straight balls with around 10-15y further distance.

We back :cool:
It sounded like you were catching it on the upside at times. Video help at times is a great way to problem solve, I too have a tendency to inch the ball forward when I'm sidetracked with the other 167 "things to remember" at address. :LOL:
Sounds like you are back on track.

Man i just played a round the other day had par5 second shot 258 to far back pin location on a long green n hit it like 5 yards over the back of the green w my kingtec 2hybrid. Guessing i carried it like 220-230 n roll out but dang. This club is just spectacular. Its definitely lower flight than a five wood but it feels so much easier to hit. Cobra kingtec 2h slowly turningbinto favorite club in the bag.

Back