ANNOUNCEMENT AMA - Ask Me Anything About Gear, Experiences or THP

Status
Not open for further replies.
We see the reports. Some of them would surprise people a lot. Others, it is as expected.
And event threads will never draw the most traffic.

But yes, brands, gear, categories, even specific really niche items can bring in a lot of traffic.
Perhaps maybe threads on Sewing shops in Evansville IN?

What brand (any category) do you feel is going to make big market share gains in the next 5 years?
Hmmm. Tough to say.
Big market share gains are challenging. I would say based on categories will be easier.
For instance I think Odyssey will make massive gains in putters, which is crazy to even think about.
Titleist will make gains in drivers, which will be easier to understand because before TSR, things were not great.

As a singular brand? Mizuno or Callaway if we are going by just a market share number.

Is Master's week typically dead for equipment releases (outside of special Masters themed items)?

The one in my driver right now.
Its custom to me, and incredibly unique, but I absolutely love it.

It is stiff in the hands, ladies flex in the middle and stiff to X in the tip. It is very low torque and keeps the lefts away for me.
Is this the same one from last year I got to hit?

Is there a specific reason you're saying 'ladies flex' instead of soft middle for mid section of your driver shaft?

One piece of advice for a new experience participant?
Hmmm.
I would say take it all in and be yourself.
These shouldnt esxist. In fact nothing like them should. They cost a fortune, are brutal to get done. So embrace it all and have fun.

And PICK UP THE PACE

Is Master's week typically dead for equipment releases (outside of special Masters themed items)?
Not necessarily, but it is a time where things can get lost in the shuffle a bit.

Is there a specific reason you're saying 'ladies flex' instead of soft middle for mid section of your driver shaft?
Yes, because it is ladies flex based on CPM in the middle (for generic terms)
Its far softer than what most would consider "soft middle" and the prototype has three versions, ladies, soft and one other that I am not at liberty to say. So I use the designation as it is coded on the shaft.

Which piece of golf technology do you think is absolutely crucial for anyone to have to play better golf?

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Which piece of golf technology do you think is absolutely crucial for anyone to have to play better golf?
Hmmm. The ball is used on every shot, so probably that.

When you started these team events, did you ever expect to see the level of customization that some teams have? Stickers were always a thing, but people seem to have a lot of fun with stuff outside of the box. You even joined in with the shirts. Did you expect teams to be so invested when these began?

Do you use any range finders or watches such as shot scope?

Hmmm.
I would say take it all in and be yourself.
These shouldnt esxist. In fact nothing like them should. They cost a fortune, are brutal to get done. So embrace it all and have fun.

And PICK UP THE PACE
Follow up question:

One piece of advice for a new captain of a team.....asking for a friend :)

Do you fit ball first before clubs and shafts or do you fit to ball after?

When you started these team events, did you ever expect to see the level of customization that some teams have? Stickers were always a thing, but people seem to have a lot of fun with stuff outside of the box. You even joined in with the shirts. Did you expect teams to be so invested when these began?
Yes. It was the only reason to do names.

From an equipment standpoint, which upcoming Experience are you most excited about?

Eliminate 1: Slow play or skimmers?

Do you use any range finders or watches such as shot scope?
You were just with me haha.
Yes, I use a Shot Scope laser. The new one Pro ZR, it is the best out there that I have tested (which I think is all of them).
I also use the new Shot Scope V5.

Follow up question:

One piece of advice for a new captain of a team.....asking for a friend :)
Embrace it. Enjoy it.
And I always ask myself these two questions involving that event.
WWMD (What would @Muchmore do)
And then think to some teams we have had, and do the exact opposite of that.

Are there any new brand story's coming out and if so any hints on who it might be? Those are fantastic!

Embrace it. Enjoy it.
And I always ask myself these two questions involving that event.
WWMD (What would @Muchmore do)
And then think to some teams we have had, and do the exact opposite of that.
@jlew we might have been on one of those teams. 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back