What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only played 9 and didn't keep score. It would have been bad though. Struggled with a push/slice all year, today it became a pull/hook. I hit enough solid shots to keep me wanting to play.

The weather was pretty nice, upper 50's and not much wind.

40 on the front after starting with a triple.
39 on the back 6 pars and 3 bogeys.
Just could not get the approach shots close enough today to really score.
The Nickent Evolver was really on fire though

82(43-39) yesterday at The James River Country Club. Played pretty well just 2 double bogeys on the front and a two 3 putts keep it from being a great score.

I can see why you had issues, not much room for error it seems, beautiful course though!!! Not sure I would want to spend $105 to be humbled there though.

Ya, we dont go there very often. But to put the price into perspective, the local munis charge almost 50 bucks with a cart on the weekend around the LA area, so we splurge on greens fees once in a while.

we paid $100 for a course not too long ago. i was apprehensive about paying that much, but the weather was perfect and it was a treat to play it. nice to do once in a while.

Yeah I hear ya, I mostly just see what courses have the deals going and can pretty much play semi private courses for around the same price as munis. It is nice to splurg every now and again, and if a course was worthy of it, I'd pay. That being said I don't think I have ever paid over $50-$60 to play anywhere and that includes a few that were well over the $100 mark, but I usually knew someone there or found a deal to play there cheaper.

So basically, if I did play at a place like that, it would be at the twilight rate, not that I am cheap, but saving $65 is a no-brainer to me.

Tierra Rejada has a good deal on Tuesdays, but I cant think of any course around here that has a deal on the weekends, and believe me I look. You should see the dues of the privates around here. They are ridiculous.

81 at legends country club (site of some past lpga and nationwide events).
par was 71.
38 on the front, 43 on the back. i only made 4 pars all day. my back 9 went double, bogey, bogey, bogey, par, par, bogey, par, bogey. 30* weather. plus we didn't finish until dark.
overall it was one of those days where nothing works. im suprised my score wasn't worse. i played absolutely terrible when the sun went away and it started to get dark

A heaping bucket of balls, then some more! Do I ever mention I am the only at the range lately since it has been 28-34* outside:>)
I did hot a few more trying those drivers out.
I'm hitting my irons better than I have in my life, still not good! I have to keep it going until I meet up with JB in a few weeks! Of course, I will acquire a severe case of the shanks and chili peppers once I arrive in Florida...Dang it!

Shot a 104 today, 52 on the front and 52 on the back. Im ok with my score, but my putts were ridiculous, yes all 41 of them. I dont even know how that happens, although the greens there are pretty ridiculous.

Yeah, if I could sharpen up my putting, and quit blading crucial wedge shots, I'd break 90 quick (which is my goal by years end).

Time to hit the range and putting greens.

Perhaps you should read and practice my putting drills :beauty:

Agreed. They worked for me the other day. They are a lot harder than I thought they would be.

Perhaps you should read and practice my putting drills :beauty:

Bwahahahaha!!!

cheesy.gif

Well done BQ!

I tried to find a "burned ya" smiley but have not had any luck yet!

A heaping bucket of balls, then some more! Do I ever mention I am the only at the range lately since it has been 28-34* outside:>)
I did hot a few more trying those drivers out.
I'm hitting my irons better than I have in my life, still not good! I have to keep it going until I meet up with JB in a few weeks! Of course, I will acquire a severe case of the shanks and chili peppers once I arrive in Florida...Dang it!

I know the feeling. I was the only one at the range the other day in the blistering cold wind. I'm playing on Wed so I'll see if it was worth it.

I shot an 88 today, but it was on a par 67 exec course. The weather was nice, a little warm, about 85. Once again my putting was horrible, 40 putts. All I can do is laugh.

I shot a 96 today, but I brought my putts down to 35. Still bad, but its getting better. That eyeline seems to be helping.

Edit* Forgot I nailed a shot from about 40 yards out with my 60 and it went in the cup. I was pretty stoked.

96 at Deer Run Championship Course on Thanksgiving, couldn't do anything around the greens. Frustrating round!!!

83 at Ford's Colony(Marsh Hawk Course) on Monday, started with two double bogeys then played pretty solid from there on.

I have been striking my driver very well lately, but the short game has been spotty specificly bunker play. I had a 10 on a par 5 and an 8 on a par four from the greenside bunkers on Thanksgiving. Bunkers have been awful from the recent rain we have been having

Once again, no golf in the near future for me! It's 35 degrees right now! Only supposed to be 40 at best this weekend. Grrrrr (or Brrrrrrr)
th_blizzard.gif

Shot a 92 today. I was the only one on the golf course. I walked the course with a caddie in about 2.5 hrs. Had to walk briskly so I'd stay warm.

Shot a 92 today. I was the only one on the golf course. I walked the course with a caddie in about 2.5 hrs. Had to walk briskly so I'd stay warm.

Brave man!

79 today. 40 on the front and 39 on the back. Craig Mac can relate to this since he has played this course before. But I was 1 under on teh back going to #17 and took a triple. It was a nightmare. But played well and took lots of pictures that I will put up later in the course reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back