iCaddi Golf Towel Review Thread

Yeahh hurricanes and earthquakes haven't helped me get a chance to get back out. But I'm hoping thursday I'll have another round. Supposed to be beautiful

hope all is well with you and your family. over here from california cant really tell how bad it actually is, we only get what the media tells us

has anyone of the testers had problems using the icaddi?? if there was something you would like to change or modify to the icaddi in your opinion, what would that be??

has anyone of the testers had problems using the icaddi?? if there was something you would like to change or modify to the icaddi in your opinion, what would that be??

That's a great question!
One thing I would change on the iCaddi is the color of the text and directions on the towel.
Now I must say that my towel is black/dark gray so the black text doesn't show up the best.
It may be cost prohibitive to use different colors of text on the towels, so I would understand that.
But it would be nice to have a more contrasting color of text on the black one I have.

I just wanted to add some updated wear pictures. I have now played 8 rounds since I started testing the iCaddie towel. It does a really great job and I really do love having a wet towel on the course. Especially one that doesn't make a mess and stink. I don't know if I could go back to just a dry towel. If you notice on the pictures it comes pretty clean and only has a few small dirt spots. These don't affect the performance of the towel, but just show some signs of use. The pre-made holes in the towel are holding up nicely too. I was a little bit worried about them in the beginning, since they didn't have metal grommets to keep the fabric from ripping. They have stretched a little bit, but show no signs of ripping.

Front
IMG_9336.jpg

Back
IMG_9337.jpg

I think one thing I would like to see changed in the towel was offering a small "green" towel. This would be a small towel with the rubberized coating on one side and the regular side on the other. Just like the wet pocket section. This would be a small towel that you could travel to the green with to clean your ball and then have holes in it to clip back with the rest of the iCaddi towel. I tried carrying the whole towel with me and it became very cumbersome carrying it and a wedge too. Maybe I should just hit it on the green to eliminate the wedge. :)

One other recommendation is to add a small brush section to the towel. This would eliminate having to carry a nylon brush for the really dirty clubs. This is the only time the iCaddi has ever struggled with me. When my wedge or iron gets really muddy on super wet days. I don't know if you have used a Spotless Swing towel, but something similar to that.

I wanted to thank THP and iCaddi for letting me test and I hope that my reviews are up to par, maybe birdie. HAHA

Honestly after the rounds I've had. I would say the problem I have had most was the whole start up. From folding it to putting it on the bag. The folding was really confusing at first but once I got it, it was easy. Putting it on the bag I just knotted it and put it right on the bag. But also I find that out in the heat it dries up quick for me in my experiences. It sometimes isn't as wet ad I would like. But it still does the job.

To add onto Dmbs idea. Why not make a section where it's rougher for the grooves rather than a brush on the towel itself.

So far, the only thing I would change is maybe metal grommets instead of just the holes. The only concern would be making sure they would not rust under any circumstances. I love the idea about coming out with a much smaller 'green' towel.

Also, has anyone tried putting this towel in the dishwasher or washing machine, and is this even advisable, mikey?

That's a great question!
One thing I would change on the iCaddi is the color of the text and directions on the towel.
Now I must say that my towel is black/dark gray so the black text doesn't show up the best.
It may be cost prohibitive to use different colors of text on the towels, so I would understand that.
But it would be nice to have a more contrasting color of text on the black one I have.

im guessing you recieved the charcoal color towel, we wanted to make the colors on the writing all in one color thats all .. but i will make a note of that and see if we can make an adjustment on the color for the darker color towels. thanks you

I just wanted to add some updated wear pictures. I have now played 8 rounds since I started testing the iCaddie towel. It does a really great job and I really do love having a wet towel on the course. Especially one that doesn't make a mess and stink. I don't know if I could go back to just a dry towel. If you notice on the pictures it comes pretty clean and only has a few small dirt spots. These don't affect the performance of the towel, but just show some signs of use. The pre-made holes in the towel are holding up nicely too. I was a little bit worried about them in the beginning, since they didn't have metal grommets to keep the fabric from ripping. They have stretched a little bit, but show no signs of ripping.

Front
IMG_9336.jpg

Back
IMG_9337.jpg

I think one thing I would like to see changed in the towel was offering a small "green" towel. This would be a small towel with the rubberized coating on one side and the regular side on the other. Just like the wet pocket section. This would be a small towel that you could travel to the green with to clean your ball and then have holes in it to clip back with the rest of the iCaddi towel. I tried carrying the whole towel with me and it became very cumbersome carrying it and a wedge too. Maybe I should just hit it on the green to eliminate the wedge. :)

One other recommendation is to add a small brush section to the towel. This would eliminate having to carry a nylon brush for the really dirty clubs. This is the only time the iCaddi has ever struggled with me. When my wedge or iron gets really muddy on super wet days. I don't know if you have used a Spotless Swing towel, but something similar to that.

I wanted to thank THP and iCaddi for letting me test and I hope that my reviews are up to par, maybe birdie. HAHA

hmm ok well noted ill go back to the drawing board and see what kind of attachments we can do to the towel to make it easier for our users on the green.. i guess all golfers think alike haha

Honestly after the rounds I've had. I would say the problem I have had most was the whole start up. From folding it to putting it on the bag. The folding was really confusing at first but once I got it, it was easy. Putting it on the bag I just knotted it and put it right on the bag. But also I find that out in the heat it dries up quick for me in my experiences. It sometimes isn't as wet ad I would like. But it still does the job.

To add onto Dmbs idea. Why not make a section where it's rougher for the grooves rather than a brush on the towel itself.

folding part can get a little confusing in the begininng but i noticed after your first or second try it gets easier after every use. the rough area on the towel were trying to figure out as well

So far, the only thing I would change is maybe metal grommets instead of just the holes. The only concern would be making sure they would not rust under any circumstances. I love the idea about coming out with a much smaller 'green' towel.

Also, has anyone tried putting this towel in the dishwasher or washing machine, and is this even advisable, mikey?

you can wash the towel in the washing machine in cold water but you should i recommend air dry not put into the dryer.
myself personally dont wash the towel after every round, i just open the towel and shake off the excess dirt and hang the towel to dry on my bag not folded just hung. the next time i go out, just rub off the access dirt from the towel before wetting again before my next round. since our towel is microfiber once the dirt is dried up it most of the dirt stays on the surface so you can easily rub it off but the stain will still be on the towel.
i live in california so we dont get to play in too much mud or rain like some you in the east coast so its upto the conditions your in i guess.
(just put the thread into one of the holes in the middle and hang it on the bag ill post up a picture later)

a small green towel as in a pocket towel or just a towel???

I was thinking a small green towel. One about the size of the water pocket area. That would be small, but not to cumbersome.

I was thinking a small green towel. One about the size of the water pocket area. That would be small, but not to cumbersome.

That's a great idea buddy! I've been following this thread and like what I've been reading.

--
tapatalk

That's a great idea buddy! I've been following this thread and like what I've been reading.

--
tapatalk

Thanks dude, I really do love this towel. I just can get myself to carry a big towel to the green. I think a small one would work out great. I hope you pick an iCaddie up some day.

The main problem I have noticed so far is that the towel seems to twist and get out of shape for me when folded into Position A.
Maybe add some support to the lanyard holes as this is one area that I feel could tear and render it impossible to attach to your bag
Include instructions with the iCaddi.

Other than those I have no issues with it what so ever. It does exactly what it is supposed to do and that is clean my clubs and balls when needed.

My towel has not had a real proper workout as of yet, by that I mean my clubs haven't been that full of mud and dirt after shots as it has been rather dry when I have been playing.

What I will say though is that so far it has performed admirably with my Irons in keeping the grooves fairly clean. Admittedly it doesn't get all the dirt from the grooves but I would say it is getting over 95% of it. I am putting this down to the configuration of the irons grooves and not the towel itself

So far I have not had to wet the towel down during rounds and my bag has remained perfectly dry.

I´ve had no issues with the Icaddi so far, its been great.

I do think a smaller version might be just the thing/or another product if you want to carry the towel with you to the green. As for a brush, why not include a small one attached to the lanyard - that would make the towel the complete tool even for grooves that are hard to clean. Plus you would avoid the "yeah I think its great, but I still need a brush to clean the grooves". Just some suggestions.

The text would be great if it changed to contrast the color of the towel, mine is darkgrey so the black (as mentioned above) text is hard to make out sometimes.

a small green towel as in a pocket towel or just a towel???

I think this small towel idea would be awesome. I enjoy the iCaddi throroughly, but a smaller towel may appeal to others.

Thanks dude, I really do love this towel. I just can get myself to carry a big towel to the green. I think a small one would work out great. I hope you pick an iCaddie up some day.

Yeah, I need something around the green, especially with how wet it's been down here. Something small that doesn't become cumbersome and will actually stay damp. I've been using something similar to a washcloth in size but carry a wet towel around get's aggravating.

a big +1....I never understood the idea of taking a huge towel with me onto the green but if a smaller size was available that would be great

I think this small towel idea would be awesome. I enjoy the iCaddi throroughly, but a smaller towel may appeal to others.

Yeah, I need something around the green, especially with how wet it's been down here. Something small that doesn't become cumbersome and will actually stay damp. I've been using something similar to a washcloth in size but carry a wet towel around get's aggravating.

I heard that balzee thing or whatever works well. I think it was KB who mentioned she was using one and liked it a lot. I really do like this towel and will continue to use mine and probably buy another one, but a smaller towel would be beneficial to some IMO and putting a little groove cleaner on it somehow would make it an all in one for sure.

Keep up the great work Hydro Effects and thanks again to you guys and THP

I made it out to the range today and the was able to use the iCaddie towel there. I really have it down now. I just wet the towel down in my sink at home and fold it right up. I think once you figure it out, it is very easy then. The range was not that dirty, but I did get a fair amount of grass stains and sand on my clubs. I didn't clean them while I was hitting the balls, but cleaned all my clubs at the end. The iCaddie did a fantastic job once again. Since I was cleaning all of my irons at once, I released one corner of the wet section of towel. This made it really easy to get the club wet and clean. I usually have to do a full clean on my clubs when I get home from the range, but the iCaddie eliminated that for me. My clubs look great and ready to head out for my next round. When I got home I just laid the towel out to dry. I am going to try brushing off the dirt like Mike suggested. I have been trying to think of anything else I would like in a towel, but I am stumped for now. I will continue to ponder and get back to you soon.

A questions for the forum members-

What do you expect or want in a golf towel?

How could I test this towel better to answer your questions?

Do you see yourself purchasing this towel down the road? Why or why not?

Went to the course today with the intention of playing 18. Ended up playing 9 though due to a massive holdup on the 10th. There was a 4ball on the green, 2 fourballs, 1 3ball, and 1 2ball waiting to tee off. Decided that I had had enough, didn't help that I wasn't really playing all that well either.

I used the iCaddi towel for the duration of the 9 holes. I ensured that I gave it a good soaking in the kitchen sink prior to leaving for the course so it was nice and wet for the entire round. No sign of it drying out at all on me, and when I wrung it out a fair amount of water was released. This is a good sign as it should mean that even in the hottest of weather around here it will last for an entire 18 holes.

The towel was folded into Position A (with the 2 wet pockets)

This was the first round with the towel attached using the supplied lanyard and again I was struggling with the towel twisting and loosing shape during the round. I don't know what is causing it but every time I went to use it I had to adjust it so that I could gain access to the wet pockets.

I have a sneaky feeling it's a combination of the lanyard and the holes though. I will have to experiment a little to see if I can eliminate this as it is proving to be a bit of pan in the rear at the moment.

I will also say that my towel appears to have 2 wear spots in the wet pockets, I will need to keep an eye on these as I continue to use it to see what happens to them. A little surprised by this as the towel has not had a lot of use really as of yet.

A few pics of the said wear, although not sure if the camera picked them up very well

52c1b420.jpg

dadc8467.jpg

fd4fbb86.jpg

c5f68267.jpg

The iCaddi performed rather well today for me when cleaning my irons. I hit a few chunky shots today so there was plenty of muck for it to clean away. For the most part it managed it nicely. I do think that maybe I need a brush on my bag to help clean them grooves properly.

Is anyone else seeing any wear? or having trouble with the towel twisting on them?

Is anyone else seeing any wear? or having trouble with the towel twisting on them?

I have not seen any wear like that Mike. I doubled over the lanyard and ran it back through the holes like iCaddie Mike showed in his video. That seems to help a lot with the twisting.

Hey THPers out there, lets show some love the iCaddie towel. There has hardly been any banter in here about the towel or even any golf towel. I know we can do better than this.
I will post my questions again about golf towels and this testing-

What do you expect or want in a golf towel?

How could I test this towel better to answer your questions?

Do you see yourself purchasing this towel down the road? Why or why not?

Ideal scenario for me would be one towel with wet and dry capability.
But then I also use the BallZee when on the green to save walking back and forth to my bag.

Back