The Legend Don White

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Many people do not know the name but they all know the legacy. One of the greatest club makers the world has ever seen. He made clubs for Nicklaus, Norman, and many others on their way to more major wins than any other club maker.

Don White is a very humble man. A man that does not want to be marketed like Vokey or Cameron. He still does the personal grinds for the tour players playing the clubs. But you rarely hear about him. When you do hear about this great man, it is always in the highest regards.

He has been with the same company for over 30 years I believe. In fact close to 40 if I am correct, and when you talk to pros about him, one thing stands out. Mention his name and they smile.

THP is proud to be a place that people will be able to learn from this great clubmaker. We will be interviewing Don personally and will have a complete profile and interview on the main site. The reason for this post is that I am so excited to have some of the greats like Hoeflich and White on here that it blows my mind.

These guys are the reason that we have so many choices and such fine equipment today. These are the guys we don't hear much about, but it is more by their choice than anything else.

I hope you guys like the profile and it will be online before the Holidays. Macgregor was very nice to set this up for us and we want to thank them.

I can't wait, I have heard he is an amazing club maker.

I know that Aaron Baddeley still plays irons that are basically his old MacGregor's, but the only stamping they have on them is D.W. I have seen pictures, and they are amazing! :shock:

I know that Aaron Baddeley still plays irons that are basically his old MacGregor's, ...

Interesting 907golfer12. This was after he moved to Adams??

Yes sir, a friend of mine got to see him play (forgot what tournament but it was fairly recent) and he took pictures. Unfortunately I don't have the pictures or I would share them.

• Admin
I was told that Badds plays the Adams Hybrids as well as the Adams 3 wood, but still plays the Don White Irons.

Yes sir, a friend of mine got to see him play (forgot what tournament but it was fairly recent) and he took pictures. ...

Excellent. I love reading stories about when some of the pros 'sneakily' play the clubs they prefer rather than clubs from their actual sponsor. Good find 907golfer12.

• Admin
Excellent. I love reading stories about when some of the pros 'sneakily' play the clubs they prefer rather than clubs from their actual sponsor. Good find 907golfer12.

He is not really "sneakily" playing them. He does play Adams clubs and loves them according to him. But the irons have not been changed as of his last tourny in the states.

Yeah what I heard, which is merely a rumor, is that the reason he's not using Adams irons is because they don't make a set that he likes as of now, but they are developing a set of blades (again rumor) that are going to be a Tour Prototype that won't be released to the public for Aaron, and maybe a few others.

He is not really "sneakily" playing them. He does play Adams clubs and loves them according to him. But the irons have not been changed as of his last tourny in the states.

I've recently met a close contact of Badds. I'll try and find out more when Badds returns to Aust over the summer season.

I can't wait, I have heard he is an amazing club maker.

I know that Aaron Baddeley still plays irons that are basically his old MacGregor's, but the only stamping they have on them is D.W. I have seen pictures, and they are amazing! :shock:

Don White will save MacGregor Golf... they have a whole new outlook on their product and market image. This is seen in their release of the ProM and ProC irons along with the DW Forged Wedges

I personally play the ProM's and have spent some time with the wedges on the range (unfortunately I cant find demo wedges that can be played)

Don White will save MacGregor Golf... they have a whole new outlook on their product and market image. This is seen in their release of the ProM and ProC irons along with the DW Forged Wedges

I personally play the ProM's and have spent some time with the wedges on the range (unfortunately I cant find demo wedges that can be played)

I was going to get the Pro C's instead of the ZB's, but they didn't have anything in stock to sell :sad:

I was going to get the Pro C's instead of the ZB's, but they didn't have anything in stock to sell :sad:

I waited 6 weeks for the ProM's...

I waited 6 weeks for the ProM's...

But see I was in Oregon, didn't have that much time, and needed new irons ASAP. Although I am very pleased with my ZBs though.

But see I was in Oregon, didn't have that much time, and needed new irons ASAP. Although I am very pleased with my ZBs though.

well, the 6 weeks was due to the limited availability of the gunmetal finish...

2990933468_f3916d9ee1_b.jpg

Yeah, those look great!

But the time it would take to get some to their store was like a week and a half and I was only there for a week. :sad:

Oh WOW, a Don White interview.

He's a really fascinating guy. I'm looking forward to this!!!

Back