Did anyone see the Gears stream last night with Rod answering questions?

6000 kills with a weapon to get the onyx skin

Own both, but if I had to go with just one it would be PS3. Only a few reasons to own an XBox; if you prefer Forza over GT, Gears and better online multi-player system. All other reasons, buy a PS3.

As for MW vs BF, I'll go with MW. I'm not an online gamer, that's my son's thing; everyday zombie's on Black Ops, so I want MW to complete the single player story. Last online game I played was when I did nothing but PC gaming; America's Army.

I have a Wii, and play my sports games (TW, NHL, NFL) regularly (love Love LOVE playing Augusta). The only games I've ever really been addicted to for any time were Red Alert and Knights of The Old Republic. As such, I'm pumped waiting for The Old Republic mmorpg coming out soon. Hopefully it's not too expensive.

You call unlimited grenade launchers, commando lunge, stopping power but no jugg a great game? Among other things MW2 was far from a great game. The community ruined it. Plus the hacks! Lol

One persons opinion bro. Sorry but it flew off the shelves and many many many people enjoyed it. I had a great time playing it as I have with Black Ops. After watching multiplayer gameplay I really like the new class setup and the way killstreaks are going to differ. If you enjoy driving planes and helicopters and whatever than BF is for you, but thats what ruined WAW for me. I think vehicles are annoying in these games as I think 64 man matches are stupid as well..

BF may be better for you, but gurantee you COD will make heaps more money.

One persons opinion bro. Sorry but it flew off the shelves and many many many people enjoyed it. I had a great time playing it as I have with Black Ops. After watching multiplayer gameplay I really like the new class setup and the way killstreaks are going to differ. If you enjoy driving planes and helicopters and whatever than BF is for you, but thats what ruined WAW for me. I think vehicles are annoying in these games as I think 64 man matches are stupid as well..

BF may be better for you, but gurantee you COD will make heaps more money.

I know it's opinion but I was just giving examples from that game. After seeing the MW3 multiplayer from this past weekend it's a different twist on the same old game(MW 2.5). I will be buying both games but just so you know(consoles will only have 24 player matches and I do think some of the vehicles will be annoying- planes- everyone will be waiting for them) I'm more excited for MW3 because of the campaign and the multiplayer is an added bonus. I will be surprised if MW3 doesn't sell more than Black ops but if so maybe it's a message to activision something in my opinion that's been overdue.

Ya I get what your saying I just hate vehicles and I prefer 6 on 6 or 8 on 8 Max and smaller maps.. Just what I like. You know different strokes

Ya I get what your saying I just hate vehicles and I prefer 6 on 6 or 8 on 8 Max and smaller maps.. Just what I like. You know different strokes

Trust me I've been around COD since the beginning and I know exactly what you like/what you're talking about. I love that type as well. But what if BF3 had the same thing would you like it more? Less? What if it had 3-4 maps that were small with no vehicles.

Trust me I've been around COD since the beginning and I know exactly what you like/what you're talking about. I love that type as well. But what if BF3 had the same thing would you like it more? Less? What if it had 3-4 maps that were small with no vehicles.

I like battlefield minus the vehicles. If they kept the maps small and eliminated vehicles I would play it. Probably not as much as call of duty but I would play.. It's a decent game just hate vehicles.

I like battlefield minus the vehicles. If they kept the maps small and eliminated vehicles I would play it. Probably not as much as call of duty but I would play.. It's a decent game just hate vehicles.

Understand I'm not all about COD but BFBC2 was way too slow for me and way too repetitive but I'm feeling that with Black ops now. For the past few months i've done nothing but BS on that game and still do well. I'm just ready for something really new. I don't want a rehash and maybe MW3 is the answer with these strike packages.

I started out with a single HD 5770 when I built my computer, and added a second probably 6 months ago, I like the 2 card setup and have not had any issues with it.

Went ahead and did the refresh I was talking about. Started with the C2Q 9550 that A friend gave me, new mobo Gigabyte P43T-ES3G(LGA775's are getting hard to find), 4GB of 12800 DDR3, a CoolerMaster HAF 932X Advanced Edition full tower case, a couple Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB Hybrid drives, and a Thermaltake esports Meka G1 mechanical keyboard. Its funny because I always thought all the hubbub about mechanical keyboards was just hype, well al I can say is wow! Just wow!

Went ahead and did the refresh I was talking about. Started with the C2Q 9550 that A friend gave me, new mobo Gigabyte P43T-ES3G(LGA775's are getting hard to find), 4GB of 12800 DDR3, a CoolerMaster HAF 932X Advanced Edition full tower case, a couple Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB Hybrid drives, and a Thermaltake esports Meka G1 mechanical keyboard. Its funny because I always thought all the hubbub about mechanical keyboards was just hype, well al I can say is wow! Just wow!

That's awesome you built the new one man, that's a really good looking case. I dig the red. Also thats a cool keyboard, I have never used a mechanical keyboard before but a close friend of mine highly recommended one. Do they just feel better? Or what is the main difference?

You call unlimited grenade launchers, commando lunge, stopping power but no jugg a great game? Among other things MW2 was far from a great game. The community ruined it. Plus the hacks! Lol

I hear you, but dont slate a series of really good games based on one installment. The memories I have from COD4 are still some of the best ever. Similarly, BFBC2 was not as good to me as say the BF2 or BF2142 series. I think that BF3 will blow everything out of the water though, unless MW3 brings something spectacular to the table. All this being said, I think the two games are too different to be compared really. Its like comparing NFS and Forza. I will buy both games, and I really hope that each of them perform in their own right. COD for fast paced fun and BF for squad based tactical warfare.

That's awesome you built the new one man, that's a really good looking case. I dig the red. Also thats a cool keyboard, I have never used a mechanical keyboard before but a close friend of mine highly recommended one. Do they just feel better? Or what is the main difference?

Not really a new one, just a refresh, mostly the same stuff. Yeah the case is nice, don't have to be concerned about space anymore, could put an extra bedroom in this one. lol As far as the mechanical keyboard, all I can say is it's better felt than tell't. If you get a chance to try one out, I'd recommend doing so. Just a few minutes with mine and it was like "where have you been all my life!". But like anything else, YMMV, I just got mine because I has tried other "gaming" keyboards and was less than impressed. jmho

Not really a new one, just a refresh, mostly the same stuff. Yeah the case is nice, don't have to be concerned about space anymore, could put an extra bedroom in this one. lol As far as the mechanical keyboard, all I can say is it's better felt than tell't. If you get a chance to try one out, I'd recommend doing so. Just a few minutes with mine and it was like "where have you been all my life!". But like anything else, YMMV, I just got mine because I has tried other "gaming" keyboards and was less than impressed. jmho

LOL, I totally agree. I recently picked up a blackwidow, and first surprise was the weight... almost 2.5kg!? Then plugged it in and fell in love instantly! My wife complains about the sound it makes, but her voice gets drained out when I put my headphones on. Wont ever go back to a normal keyboard.

10 days 'til Gears of War 3!!!

I want to play Final Fantasy VI again. I love the opera scene.

LOL, I totally agree. I recently picked up a blackwidow, and first surprise was the weight... almost 2.5kg!? Then plugged it in and fell in love instantly! My wife complains about the sound it makes, but her voice gets drained out when I put my headphones on. Wont ever go back to a normal keyboard.

I don't see myself going back either.

I hear you, but dont slate a series of really good games based on one installment. The memories I have from COD4 are still some of the best ever. Similarly, BFBC2 was not as good to me as say the BF2 or BF2142 series. I think that BF3 will blow everything out of the water though, unless MW3 brings something spectacular to the table. All this being said, I think the two games are too different to be compared really. Its like comparing NFS and Forza. I will buy both games, and I really hope that each of them perform in their own right. COD for fast paced fun and BF for squad based tactical warfare.

haha cod4 had its problems as well..M40 with acog= atuo one shot, 3frags, same 4-5 guns overused, jugg and stopping power but overall in my opinion it's still the best to date.

Nothing will ever top the days of cod4. World at War was also great and I think underrated... man those were the good days of gamebattles.

haha cod4 had its problems as well..M40 with acog= atuo one shot, 3frags, same 4-5 guns overused, jugg and stopping power but overall in my opinion it's still the best to date.

Absolutely. No shooter is really perfect and some things will always be abused. We most often played with no perks and no rpg's. In the end though, with games like that, its mostly about the community you play with. We have a nice competitive south african community where cheaters get reported and not invited to games. Same goes for old school battlefield... I dread thinking of how people used to line up on the runways for jets and how you got tk'ed at the commanders post...

Nothing will ever top the days of cod4. World at War was also great and I think underrated... man those were the good days of gamebattles.

Gamebattles is awesome. My glory days of gamebattles was with Rainbow Six Vegas on x360.

COD4 = Great game
MW2=Money grab (imo)
maybe MW3 will be better

Anyone playing Dead Island, it's great fun in coop

ps3 here. Great way to relieve some stress

Back