DCSerafin

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone else have an eGolfer account (on GHIN.Com) and post "advanced" scores from it? While it is not perfect, there are some excellent reports available to track your game.

You can track Score, Putts, GIR's, Fairways hit, bunker shots and it will automatically calculate up/down's. And you can also track your Driver Distances.
Just wondering.

I use the advance scoring on GHIN to track all my stats. I found the "Hole Statistics" report to be very telling and beneficial. For instance, my highest stroke average in relation to par was a short dogleg left par 4 with water down the left side of the fairway and green starting at the dogleg (about 100 yds out from the green and 250-260 or so from the tee). I'd generally played very conservative and hit an iron to the 150 pole, then 9I to the green with water left and bunkers short right and long right. I've since started playing driver over the edge of the creek cutting off the dogleg a bit. I bring the water into play off the tee (if I mishit it), but generally take the bunkers and water out of play on the 2nd shot. I've shaved .21 off my stroke average since I started using this report (in mid July), and I have parred the hole the last 5 times I have played it and I haven't made a double bogey since.

There were 2 other holes where I changed my approach after reviewing this report.

There were 2 other holes where I changed my approach after reviewing this report.

This is what I found pretty useful as well - Hole Statistics. I was shocked when I did a historical on my home course this year to see a hole I perceive as being pretty easy was one I am not scoring to well on. A short 330yd DogLegLeft to an elevated green fronted by a deep bunker. I changed the club off the tee this past Sunday (playing the hole more aggressively) and birdied for the 1st time this year.

Back