Broken Nike VR Pro Driver

I realize this thread had been non active since early July but I was playing today and hit a drive on hole 7 and bent down to pick up my tee and used my driver to balance a little bit at it snapped right where the shaft meets the str8-fit on the head. Went to pro shop at the turn and he's calling Nike tomorrow for me to either get it repaired or replaced. Question is, would I be better to deal with Nike myself or through the Pro Shop?

Bought club in June and have played maybe 10 rounds with it.

Thanks

I did the exact same thing this spring when I was trying out drivers at the local Golftown. The salesman helping me said it was the third one that week that bust right above the str8-fit. I liked the driver but hearing that 3 if them bust that week in the same spot scared me off.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

Glad to hear this got resolved cause I just broke my Nike VR Pro Str8-Fit driver (Project X 6.0) today in a tournament. Really hit the club smooth for 2 holes and BAM, head explodes off drive goes dead straight 280 yards right up the middle, head flies about 40 yards just left of center. Have 1 more day of tournament and 1,000+ miles from my backup. Just bought the club last month!!!

Just thought i would add my input to the thread...mainly just to ensure nobody ever buys this piece of sh1t driver! I have had both my original and the repacement driver fall apart in the space of a week! Both drivers head came completely off after a drive, thankfully i purchased from A-golf who gave me the replacement club and eventually a full refund for the replacement. I fully think i could have broke their entire stock had they continued to replace the clubs ha ha! Brought an R11 today :)

Back