Ping G20 Driver & Review Thread

I'm really looking forward to your review Hanks. I like this driver. I need to find a way to get one in my bag.

Secret golf fund my friend ;)

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Can't wait Hanks. I hit the G20 a couple days ago and I was surprised. As you said earlier it is very poweful and I can definitely see where you feel the G20 is more forgiving than the G15. I know everyone poo poos on Ping's stock shaft offerings, but this one felt really nice.

This shaft is def better than the K15's

Is there any way that this driver could be good enough to cover the bases of the K15 and the G15?

I think that's exactly what the design is meant to do

I think that I want one.

Picked up the G20 driver today after trying it out during the lesson.

We figured out my hitch and before I was too gassed from the mental/physical, I hit a couple straight and true.

Still have work to do and will try to update as I make it out to the range this week.

I was setting my tee too low and when adjusted and when I was set better, the club sang.

Picked up the G20 driver today after trying it out during the lesson.

We figured out my hitch and before I was too gassed from the mental/physical, I hit a couple straight and true.

Still have work to do and will try to update as I make it out to the range this week.

I was setting my tee too low and when adjusted and when I was set better, the club sang.

Teeing it low was an early issue for me as well

Hanks how big is that club face compared to your other drivers? it did seem bigger than what i was used to. i should have compared with my superfast when i got to my car. it seemed huge to me.

Hanks how big is that club face compared to your other drivers? it did seem bigger than what i was used to. i should have compared with my superfast when i got to my car. it seemed huge to me.

Somewhere in this thread I've got a face comparison between the G20 and K15... They're close. It's def bigger than your SF though.

I had some good holes and some bad ones today with the G20. For most of the first 14 holes or so I could barely keep it in play. Slowly got it straightened out and the G20 started to come to life. When this club is given the chance it really bombs it.

I had some good holes and some bad ones today with the G20. For most of the first 14 holes or so I could barely keep it in play. Slowly got it straightened out and the G20 started to come to life. When this club is given the chance it really bombs it.

Sounds like it may not make it into your bag full time bro?

yeah i saw that compared to the g15 they were very close. just seemed a lot bigger than what i was hitting. i was ready to switch after hitting it good at the range the other day and with the way i was hitting my Superfast lately but after the other days round im holding off buying a new driver for now.

yeah i saw that compared to the g15 they were very close. just seemed a lot bigger than what i was hitting. i was ready to switch after hitting it good at the range the other day and with the way i was hitting my Superfast lately but after the other days round im holding off buying a new driver for now.

I think you were hitting that better than your SF if that's even possible

Sounds like it may not make it into your bag full time bro?

I caught up to a twosome today around 14 and by the time we got to 18 he sees me hit another short slice and says: You didnt finish your swing. Just like that everything changed. I still think the G20 is a easy to hit on the sweet spot driver as you can find.

Good write-ups everyone. Can't wait to try this out. Hoping to hit a monitor soon to get a fitting and this will be on the list.

iOS using Tapatalk

I use a 2 3/4" fixed tee height with my K15 to eliminate the variance and put the odds in my favor for hitting the sweet spot and getting a good drive time after time.

I just watched a video, different drivers may require adjustment in your ball position. Check this out it's pretty good and may help you adjust to the new driver face.

http://www.youtube.com/user/clemshaw#p/u/39/b6StntbwKSQ

Last edited:
I use a 2 3/4" fixed tee height with my K15 to eliminate the variance and put the odds in my favor for hitting the sweet spot and getting a good drive time after time.

I just watched a video, different drivers may require adjustment in your ball position. Check this out it's pretty good and may help you adjust to the new driver face.

Good stuff. Definitely gonna try
This then

I think you were hitting that better than your SF if that's even possible

im not sure, if you're my caddy for the fall get together i may have to give that thing a few rips. really wondering if id lose distance with it or not cause i was def hitting it straight.

im not sure, if you're my caddy for the fall get together i may have to give that thing a few rips. really wondering if id lose distance with it or not cause i was def hitting it straight.

How would you lose distance hitting it straight? Straight but still shorter?

I like that guy clemshaws videos.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

How would you lose distance hitting it straight? Straight but still shorter?

I like that guy clemshaws videos.

i don't mean id lose the distance because i was hitting it straight. i just don't know if i would hit it as far as i hit my SF.

i don't mean id lose the distance because i was hitting it straight. i just don't know if i would hit it as far as i hit my SF.

Ok got it. Makes sense.

Awesome thx...I have a bunch of "short tees" now for my kids to play with now. Not sure why they sell the short ones but lesson learned.

Review is finished. Loved writing this one.....

Now I need a nap

Now I need a nap

Looking forward to this one. Any idea when it will be up?

Now I need a nap

Can't wait to read it Hanks!

Sweet. That is all I can say.

Back