The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of the things I loved and missed about the android too. Although, I wish the notification bar would have the little mail icon and show me how many emails I have like android did, but this is still an improvement.

I'm sure that will come with the next update or whatever. I love the notification icons with the droids.

i like how I can have lots of things show up in the notification center not just text, email and missed calls.

I still use mine for radar.

Have you always been able to scroll down on the weather day and have it give you an hourly forecast? Or did I just notice it now?

It's epic. Bye bye Weather Channel app

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Yeah the WC app is by far superior to Yahoo weather, I wont be getting rid of it, but would be nice if it showed up in the notification center.

i like how I can have lots of things show up in the notification center not just text, email and missed calls.
What all have you added to your Notification Center?

I still use mine for radar.

Have you always been able to scroll down on the weather day and have it give you an hourly forecast? Or did I just notice it now?

There's a radar app that kills WC app. Lol

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Ive added nothing, kept it stock. I didnt know you could change it.
I think it was GG that pointed out.. Settings > Notifications and you'll see a list of apps "In Notification Center" and "Not In Notification Center" ....as you select the apps there are options for whether or not they are in the NC and if so...how they react when they are active.

I'm assuming, but I think app developers are gonna' be working day and night to have their apps be more optimal for the NC. I can't imagine that everybody is gonna' use the NC more than any other feature on the phone.

What all have you added to your Notification Center?

I have the weather, MasterMinder, ESPN FF'11, Twitter, TWC, ScoreCenter, Facebook, ESPN Streak, Reminders, Calendar along with the text, phone, etc

I have the weather, MasterMinder, ESPN FF'11, Twitter, TWC, ScoreCenter, Facebook, ESPN Streak, Reminders, Calendar along with the text, phone, etc
Cool...now I feel like that stupid guy who keeps picking up his phone and pulling down the NC every 2 minutes to see if something's changed. I really don't know why, except I'm sure I'll end up being upset that the phone keeps lighting up every 5 seconds and I'll have to disable all the crap I've loaded.

Sidenote: Forgot about setting that LED flash thing yesterday..when my alarm went off this morning I thought the police had raided my house from the light reflecting off every wall in my bedroom!

exactly why I'm getting rid of it.

Yeah the WC app is by far superior to Yahoo weather, I wont be getting rid of it, but would be nice if it showed up in the notification center.

I do think that two widgets is pretty weak nearly half thought out in my opinion.

It's nice that they finally implemented that feature. It's one of the things I love about the androids.

It's one of the things I loved and missed about the android too. Although, I wish the notification bar would have the little mail icon and show me how many emails I have like android did, but this is still an improvement.

I love the notification bar on my android. I'm going to wait around for a few days and see what the early real life reviews are.

I do think that two widgets is pretty weak nearly half thought out in my opinion.

Do you even know what thread you're in? Again, maybe Apple will work on that for thetardy1.

What are you talking about?
I'm guessing that he's referring to the Yahoo! Weather & Scrolling Stock Ticker being the only "animated type" widets built in from initial upgrade.?.?

I actually think I like the lock screen notifications just as much the notification center thing.

Do you even know what thread you're in? Again, maybe Apple will work on that for thetardy1.
Good to see you up bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning!

I actually think I like the lock screen notifications just as much the notification center thing.
I'm with ya...I like the litte email preview on the lock screen.

Good to see you up bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning!

I'm with ya...I like the litte email preview on the lock screen.

Same here. And I bet sooner or later apps like the TWC get updated for the notification center. Yahoo weather is as good as licking your finger and holding it up in the air.

And I love how you can customize what notifications can appear on the lock screen too

hater! you'd like it if it was forged!

Same here. And I bet sooner or later apps like the TWC get updated for the notification center. Yahoo weather is as good as licking your finger and holding it up in the air.

Yahoo weather is as good as licking your finger and holding it up in the air.
Laughed SO hard people came into my office to see if I was alright! - Thanks for starting my day out great!

I'm watching my battery levels today to see what the difference is now that I have all these "notifications" going on. I've noticed that I'm at 87% already this morning and would usually be around 95% at this point in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back