JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a go to Shaft company? One that you look for before trying anything else and that you look to see their new stuff coming out each and every year.

I'd typically look at my shafts this way:

Driver - UST due to the number of options and flight characteristics you can produce with the V2, whether you use their normal version, HMOI, high launch, or LD model there are a multitude of weight combinations that can make for some fun

FW - I tend to go to a softer shaft for this club so that I can turn the ball over right to left on command. A high weight, low torque V2 doesn't help this. A great shaft company for this is Graffaloy (pro launch) and Graphite Design (ys+ fw)

Do you have a go to Shaft company? One that you look for before trying anything else and that you look to see their new stuff coming out each and every year.

Graphite Design for my woods, hands down works for me!

Adila seems to be the one I often choose first when demoing clubs, and usually end up with one in my club. I'd love to try some of the high $ models from all of them though.

• Admin
Im the exact opposite Scooter. I cant wait the Graphite Design Aura to come out officially. It looks like a great shaft and it is less than $75. Most amateurs are not going to notice an Ozik shaft and know its worth it.

I know that, thing is it would be nice to hit a handful of the $300-$500 shafts just to see what the hype is ya know.
Speaking of shafts, for soem reason I've never bonded with any Fuji's until I hit the one in your Evolover, must just be that "perfect" pairing for me.

Im the exact opposite Scooter. I cant wait the Graphite Design Aura to come out officially. It looks like a great shaft and it is less than $75. Most amateurs are not going to notice an Ozik shaft and know its worth it.

JB, the new Aura shafts are now in the latest golfsmith clubmaking catalog...cheap!

After hitting some irons with Nippon shafts, I don't think I could bring myself to buy another TT shaft. They will absolutely be what I have in my next set.

After hitting some irons with Nippon shafts, I don't think I could bring myself to buy another TT shaft. They will absolutely be what I have in my next set.

I have some in my macgregor pro m irons... the 1150 GH pro which is their top iron model. They are the heaviest nippons made and I found them to light...

I'd trade them for some project x shafts in a heartbeat

I used them in our Nickent 4DX Pro review. The Nippons felt great to me.

ust in the woods for me. irons is dg cuz its the only shaft i have really played my whole life. they work so theres no point in changing

Back