if I had a seriously nice whip maybe... but I am always driving! my gf loves the weather excuse! your car (a jeep) is better in the snow... what if it snows!

arghhh

Funny how that works DD. My wife has the Jeep and she always wants me to drive it when it's snowy or bad out. But when it's sunny who gets to drive?? Her of course. Why?? Because it's "her" car. :roll:

Funny how that works DD. My wife has the Jeep and she always wants me to drive it when it's snowy or bad out. But when it's sunny who gets to drive?? Her of course. Why?? Because it's "her" car. :roll:

haha... I like knowing that I am in command of my vehicle at all times. My car doesn't have FM radio (class, right?) so when I am driving there aren't many distractions... except when I am listening to Rush and smacking the wheel every time I agree with him.

She on the other hand loves the iPod and her cell while driving... so I yell at her constantly

Well after about 3 weeks of not driving my car, with it sitting in the driveway in -15 to -25 degree weather, my car finally started today after we jumped. I was so HAPPY!

Well after about 3 weeks of not driving my car, with it sitting in the driveway in -15 to -25 degree weather, my car finally started today after we jumped. I was so HAPPY!

dude... what the hell is your family doing in AK?

you need some warm weather my man

dude... what the hell is your family doing in AK?

you need some warm weather my man

Preaching to the choir DD!

for the next 2 school years I'm going to be in Oregon though.

to answer the original post, yes, i can drive myself to the course, hehe. at the moment, i can choose between the 6 modes of transportation i have (just sold my 05 GTO). here are some photos of my sleds. though most days you will find me in my Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4
This is my 1967 Ford Mustang GTA 390
3195761140_0e5a5ff6d4.jpg

this is my daily driver:
3195763682_edf47b6c78.jpg

this is my 2004 Ford Mystichrome Cobra Convertible:
3194921183_8c0931e208.jpg

same car with another set of custom wheels i had made:
3194919385_4ed906506c.jpg

this is my 1968 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
3194922019_a0ecda2b66.jpg

this is my 1996 Ford Mystic Cobra with only 7000 orig miles on it
3194923799_48c485b3d8.jpg

and this is my 1948 Chevrolet Firetruck with Original Equipment (its for sale though)
3195764600_5a8c3b3229.jpg

i just sold my 2005 Pontiac GTO (awesome car). im selling my firetruck, and Im gonna get rid of one of the Mustangs too soon :-(

dude... you have some serious cars rocket!

to answer the original post, yes, i can drive myself to the course, hehe. At the moment, i can choose between the 6 modes of transportation i have (just sold my 05 gto). Here are some photos of my sleds. Though most days you will find me in my toyota tundra limited 4x4
this is my 1967 ford mustang gta 390
3195761140_0e5a5ff6d4.jpg

this is my daily driver:
3195763682_edf47b6c78.jpg

this is my 2004 ford mystichrome cobra convertible:
3194921183_8c0931e208.jpg

same car with another set of custom wheels i had made:
3194919385_4ed906506c.jpg

this is my 1968 ford mustang gt coupe
3194922019_a0ecda2b66.jpg

this is my 1996 ford mystic cobra with only 7000 orig miles on it
3194923799_48c485b3d8.jpg

and this is my 1948 chevrolet firetruck with original equipment (its for sale though)
3195764600_5a8c3b3229.jpg

i just sold my 2005 pontiac gto (awesome car). Im selling my firetruck, and im gonna get rid of one of the mustangs too soon :-(

rocket you are a car ho!

they have that weather down in Tampa that is ideal for cars... absolutely no salt to ruin the carriage when the winter comes

Nice cars, Rocket. Fuel efficiency can't be too high, though ;)

[troll]
European Cars > American cars.
[/troll]

rocket you are a car ho!

yes, lol, i have a problem with cars, sports memorabilia, and golf clubs... but i am trying to fix this. i just sold my '05 GTO, i have a buyer for my firetruck, and Im going to sell one of the Mustangs next.... and I have stopped buying golf clubs until i get a new putter. heh. this is definitely not the time to be blowing $$$ like i have been doing for so long :arrogant:

Nice cars, Rocket. Fuel efficiency can't be too high, though ;)

[troll]
European Cars > American cars.
[/troll]

fuel economy is nonexistent with these cars. its all about burning rubber, hehe. although my Tundra isnt all that bad :angel:

yes, lol, i have a problem with cars, sports memorabilia, and golf clubs... but i am trying to fix this. i just sold my '05 GTO, i have a buyer for my firetruck, and Im going to sell one of the Mustangs next.... and I have stopped buying golf clubs until i get a new putter. heh. this is definitely not the time to be blowing $$$ like i have been doing for so long :arrogant:

I'll take your mustang :D Kidding, Could never afford it. Nice car though. I am looking forward to getting one soon.

I'll take your mustang :D Kidding, Could never afford it. Nice car though. I am looking forward to getting one soon.

cool, what kind? a classic or a newer one? im thinking about getting rid of all of them and just getting a new Shelby convertible (and keeping my truck too). the classics are getting to be to much maintenence for me.

cool, what kind? a classic or a newer one? im thinking about getting rid of all of them and just getting a new Shelby convertible (and keeping my truck too). the classics are getting to be to much maintenence for me.

I am not totally sure yet. I'm leaning towards just a civic right now, but I'll have to see what pops up. I've got a ways to go anyways.

I am not totally sure yet. I'm leaning towards just a civic right now, but I'll have to see what pops up. I've got a ways to go anyways.

gotcha. well, i dont know what you are planning on spending, but i bought that 1996 Mystic Cobra with only 7000 orig miles on it for 13k a couple of years ago. it still has the plastic covering the back seats. its like a brand new car thats 13 years old. you could eat off the engine its so clean. i think thats the way to go these days: buy an older, low-mileage car. you can get some great deals on a car that is better than a brand new car of the same price or more. i recently saw a 1990 Mustang GT Convertible with only 1,600 original miles on it for $10,000. that thing was gorgeous. basically a 19 year old brand new car for 10k.

gotcha. well, i dont know what you are planning on spending, but i bought that 1996 Mystic Cobra with only 7000 orig miles on it for 13k a couple of years ago. it still has the plastic covering the back seats. its like a brand new car thats 13 years old. you could eat off the engine its so clean. i think thats the way to go these days: buy an older, low-mileage car. you can get some great deals on a car that is better than a brand new car of the same price or more. i recently saw a 1990 Mustang GT Convertible with only 1,600 original miles on it for $10,000. that thing was gorgeous. basically a 19 year old brand new car for 10k.

That is an amazing deal. Closest I've ever came to seeing something I could afford was a 2000 Honda Civic with 200,000 KM's on it. For $2,500

Not yet, but once I get my license over the summer and maybe a car, then Im a FREE man. I doubt i'd be home often i'll be golfing and hanging out all the time.

Not yet, but once I get my license over the summer and maybe a car, then Im a FREE man. I doubt i'd be home often i'll be golfing and hanging out all the time.
Man
I felt just like that 37 years ago.

I cant drive for another three months and it sucks because I always have to find rides everywhere

I get off my provisional license in 4 days (get it off on the 15th). For those who don't know what that is, basically in Alaska you get your license at 16, but for the first 6 months you can't have anyone but direct family in your car. Its to get you used to driving or something, I don't know. All I know is I haven't followed the provisonal rule.

I have my permit, but no full liscence yet. I get my restricted in Janurary. Then I can drive by myself to the golf course. I drive to the golf course all the time when I'm with my dad. Im getting an 2009 Red Jeep Wrangler

Back