RocketSauce

ManBearPig
Reaction score
cool, thanks...i heard there is a show coming to Tampa in March? probably not as big as the Orlando show, huh?

It is a small show where sellers and some OEMs go. Not worth the hassle. The PGA show happens twice a year. One in Las Vegas and one in Orlando.

Yeah... They are two totally different kinds of shows... the one in Tampa is geared more to the actual "golfer". The PGA show in Orlando is geared more to golf industry people.

Lets not forget the one in Orlando, the PGA show, is not open to the public. Orlando is for launching new products. Thousands of companies from around the world. The local shows are for stores and some major companies to showcase existing products.

I didn't know there was one in Vegas. When is that one? Is it also industry only?

It is industry only. 8-31 to 9-2.

The Orlando show is the biggest show of the year and the Vegas show is very large as well and is called the PGA Fall Expo. THP will be there for that one as well.

Actually TCT, most companies do not unveil too many things at the Fall Expo. Last year there was virtually no unveiling at the Fall show.

Actually TCT, most companies do not unveil too many things at the Fall Expo. Last year there was virtually no unveiling at the Fall show.

So what goes on at the Vegas show JB?

It just seems odd to have 2 industry shows a year for an industry that has only 1 season (for the majority of the consumers.)

This last year was the 2nd fall one I had gone to and it was drab compared to the Orlando show. Smaller show overall. All the major companies usually go and lots of fitting and demoing products. Media relations and press conferences. Lots of sales conferences and much more country club and course ownership stuff than the Orlando show.

EDIT: Moved to its own thread.

I can only imagine how crazy the show in Orlando would be if they let the general public in.

JB, or somebody else in the know, how do you get access to this show? Do you have to request admission, or do they invite you? I've always been kind of curious about that.

You request admission via application and then after about 6 weeks they let you know if you are in. Or you buy a booth and get in that way. You must be a member of the golf industry.

There's one coming to Dallas the last weekend of February. I'm going to try to go. Hank Haney is going to be a guest speaker, that should be cool.

http://www.northtexasgolfexpo.com/

The Orlando show is the biggest show of the year and the Vegas show is very large as well and is called the PGA Fall Expo. THP will be there for that one as well.

ready for the show... looking forward to bringing the latest to everyone here at THP

JB, GG and I will be hunting down the best at the show and blogging live from the event.

Since I can't make the Orlando show this year I can't wait for the fall expo and since it is in Vegas and only 6 hours away my boss is going to let me go and I hope that they will foot the bill too.....

Since I can't make the Orlando show this year I can't wait for the fall expo and since it is in Vegas and only 6 hours away my boss is going to let me go and I hope that they will foot the bill too.....

does include strip club tabs? haha

Spearmint Rhino! :alien2:
i went there with my gf a few years ago and Leonardo DiCaprio was in the back room. when i went to the john to take a leak, i was kinda walking with my head down lookin at the floor and all of a sudden i look up and im staring at his bodyguards chest like 6 inches away from me. HE WAS HUUUGE!!! so i went in a took a leak a couple of stalls away from Leo, lol.....

Nope I think I will have to foot the bill for them, unless wife goes than I won't be going at all........:chicken:

Nope I think I will have to foot the bill for them, unless wife goes than I won't be going at all........:chicken:

haha.. I have never been to Vegas but I am sure that is a great place to visit.

Oh man, you dont know what your missing. I only go once a year now, but we used to go twice a month and I have some of the best memories I can hardly remember there.

Oh man, you dont know what your missing. I only go once a year now, but we used to go twice a month and I have some of the best memories I can hardly remember there.

Rachel wants to head out for her birthday in July... she's of course invited me

I'll have to take her offer up then

Rachel wants to head out for her birthday in July... she's of course invited me

I'll have to take her offer up then

Yes you should, July is nice and hot and not that busy. You can get good deals on golf then too.

A great place to visit? It's a great place to get married!

(Both times! The last time was by Elvis!)

Yes you should, July is nice and hot and not that busy. You can get good deals on golf then too.

yeah for sure, I have heard of 200+ green fee's out there

if that is the case then I won't make it past the driving range

Back