Eidolon Wedge Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks JB. I've been on pins and needles waiting for this. :D

• Admin
Thank you GB. We published it tonight instead of tomorrow just for you actually.

nice review.
You make me want them even more now!!! - even though i only just got some new ones!!

Will they be staying in the bag, or will you keep with the nickents?

• Admin
Dont know yet Paul. These will be heading back to Eidolon but they are freaking amazing.

Dont know yet Paul. These will be heading back to Eidolon but they are freaking amazing.

the idea/concept behind them certainly seems it. Especially for where i am. In the last 4 months it has gone from firm summer ground to soaked summer groand....then iced solid...then cold and wet, then flooded....etc...

the idea of a wedge that performs equally well through all these inc sand bunkers is cool.

Sadly, as i have said before, the UK is largely forgoten by all but the big brands as they just dont sell enough here compared to even florida alone in the usa. Maybe by the time my nickents are worn out they will be here in force!

• Admin
They are a small company, but growing fast. We can only hope they get a worldwide presence. They are great feeling.

I can't decide between these, Mirua and Scratch golf. They all feel great.

• Admin
If you have hit them all, that would be a personal decision. I think these felt far nicer TO ME than the Miura Wedge we reviewed last month.

If you have hit them all, that would be a personal decision. I think these felt far nicer TO ME than the Miura Wedge we reviewed last month.

I've hit them all and yeah the Miura's feel was a bit too light for me. The Eidolons are great but I am allured by the customization aspects of the Scratch wedges.

I've hit them all and yeah the Miura's feel was a bit too light for me. The Eidolons are great but I am allured by the customization aspects of the Scratch wedges.

I actually like a light head... harder to find these days

I think Vokeys are pretty light IMHO

I actually like a light head... harder to find these days

I think Vokeys are pretty light IMHO

Yeah these felt lighter than Vokeys, but I think this was mostly due to the shafts that were in them.

AJ,
I think Ari does amazing work with Scratch wedges, but the ones I have hit do not hold a candle to these wedges. Or Miura, Nickent Arcs, Nike VR, etc...Custom grinds are great but the wedges just did not work for me.

It's been quite a while since I hit the Eidolon, I'll have to revisit them.

Where did you find them to hit AJ?

Where did you find them to hit AJ?

A buddy of mine got a pair in the summer. He's a very well connected golfsmith manager, gets all sorts of stuff from industry friends that I have never even heard of. I hit his 4DX Evolver yesterday, he had an Aldila Tour Cinnamon prototype in it, I know it's an older prototype but I never thought I'd even see one on person. It was a bit to much for me though 75g-X flex, tipped 1/2".

Great AJ. Very cool. Eidolon's feel great.

A buddy of mine got a pair in the summer. He's a very well connected golfsmith manager, gets all sorts of stuff from industry friends that I have never even heard of. I hit his 4DX Evolver yesterday, he had an Aldila Tour Cinnamon prototype in it, I know it's an older prototype but I never thought I'd even see one on person. It was a bit to much for me though 75g-X flex, tipped 1/2".

Does that mean you can get us cheap "at cost" rates on stuff then???!!!:quiet:

DD and I both played these and he is falling for them. I am still torn between both the Nickents and these, but he is sold. I can tell you this, they are by far the spinniest wedges I have ever tried, reviewed or demo'd.

for sure... two weeks ago I had never heard of Eidolon and now I cannot believe that something has challenged my vokeys. The greens at the club were by no means slow and I was able to spin these from any lie I had. The toplines are a bit thicker than I normally like to see but you get passed it pretty quickly. Like JB said, I was really impressed with them and now just have to figure out how I can get the coin to get these in the bag.

Yeah these will definitely make it into my 2009 bag, I just wish they had more loft options.

But they eliminate bounce, so it is easier to shop. I am using the 52, 56, and 60 and the spin you can create makes every other wedge look like old grooves from the 70s.

Yeah these will definitely make it into my 2009 bag, I just wish they had more loft options.

AJ, I was certainly skeptical at first... even after reading into their technology. But after having these in my hands, its insane. I have played so many wedges before and they are either cast and clicky, forged and too heavy, or something just takes away from their feel... the spin, rivals any wedge out there

I have some time before my season starts but I WANT these!

Back