Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not say I thought so Gasman. I think many "experts" spoke about it.

I believe they did research and its impossible to have that great of a mustache and be on roids, if you notice Bonds mustache disappeared around 98. Coincidence, I think not.
Im thinking he is a first ballot guy but the writers may give him the Jim Rice treatment.

No offense to Jeff Kent, but I dont think he is a HOF'er at all. He was a good player. A great player for a year or two. But Jim Rice was the most feared hitter for 10 years and it took him this long. To me, he is like a Palmeiro without the Roids. Good, solid player but not in the Hall of Fame class.

The guy hit 20+ HRs and 100+ RBIs for 9 years straight and has the most homeruns by a second baseman ever. Plus he was clutch, remember game 5 of the 2004 NLCS. If the idiot Joe Morgan is in, then Kent should be a sure thing.

20 HR and 100 RBI was nothing during his generation. Certainly not HOF numbers. I agree that he was a good player. But not a great one IMHO.

20 HR and 100 RBI was nothing during his generation. Certainly not HOF numbers. I agree that he was a good player. But not a great one IMHO.

Ya, but he was a second baseman and arguably the best offensive second baseman of all time. I could see that argument if he was a corner outfielder or first baseman.

Cmon, really comparing him offensively to Ryne Sandberg or Rogers Hornsby? Sure the numbers are there, but different generations.

Cmon, really comparing him offensively to Ryne Sandberg or Rogers Hornsby? Sure the numbers are there, but different generations.

Kent did while all the pitchers were juicing.

Just watched his retirement right now, whether he's a HOF'er or not I still like him for standing up to Barry all those times, lol.

Just watched his retirement right now, whether he's a HOF'er or not I still like him for standing up to Barry all those times, lol.

I missed the press conference. I heard he cried, what a softie. :act-up:

The Mets are about to sign Freddy Garcia to a minor league deal. Im sure they will go after Sheets or Perez next.

The Dodgers are close to a deal with Randy Wolf, it will be nice to get him back. I think there will be a lot of signings over the weekend.

The "Mayor" Sean Casey retired yesterday. It sounds like he didnt have too many offers and called it quits with a career .302 average. I always remember Peter Gammons hyping him up when he was with the Reds as being another Tony Gwynn, I guess it didnt pan out. I guess he has already signed on to do commentary with the MLB network.

I saw that Gasman. He was a great guy though. He will do well in commentary.

You never heard a interview with him where you were not smiling at the end.

The "Mayor" Sean Casey retired yesterday. It sounds like he didnt have too many offers and called it quits with a career .302 average. I always remember Peter Gammons hyping him up when he was with the Reds as being another Tony Gwynn, I guess it didnt pan out. I guess he has already signed on to do commentary with the MLB network.

I was sad to hear when he got traded from my Reds. He was clutch. Sad to hear that he is hanging up the cleats.

On a good note for the Royals, Zack Greinke signed a $38mil./ 4yr. contract extension.

That's cool MO, I was hoping they wouldn't do like they did with David Cone and get rid of him.

Honestly, when you look at the Royals staff, its not that bad. Grienke seemed to have worked out his personal issues and should slip into that ace roll. Plus you have one of the better closers. Ill bet the Royals finish ahead of the White Sox and Tigers this year.

I don't think the Royals rotation is too bad, as long as they can score some runs they should be ok.

I can't wait to read Torres new book that is stirring things up in NY.

It would be worth going to a Yankees game to chant A Fraud, even though I like him.

Looks like Pettite and the Yankees have reached a 1 year deal for 5.5 million.

Manny has rejected the Dodgers 1 Year, $25mil offer.

Looks like we are going to focus on Adam Dunn and Orlando Hudson now.

Looks like Varitek will stay with Boston.

yeah... there aren't many catchers on the market. Vtek is great in the locker room and a major player on the team but his time is near. His work at the plate is just short of pathetic... calls a great game, solid defensively but wow, looks like he's hitting flop shots up there.

Manny has rejected the Dodgers 1 Year, $25mil offer.
Looks like we are going to focus on Adam Dunn and Orlando Hudson now.
I still dont get the Manny thing, there is no market for him, except LA, and Boras keeps trying to drive the price up. I would almost be happier at this point if they turned their focus to Dunn and Hudson. That would be a pretty solid line up with O Dog in the 2 hole.

Im glad they worked out a deal for him, he fits in Boston and it would be nice for him to finish off there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back