Tax Returns.... How are you spending yours?

Makes perfect sense Hawk, I didnt think about that

I set it up so I don't get much back at all. However, I bought my first home last year so im expecting to get a good amount back from that. Since im getting married this year ill use it for those expenses esp since my amazing fiance bought me my custom razr x forged irons for christmas!

Sent from my DROIDX

mine will be going to the same as rvick82. My fiance as well bought me my burner 2.0s so i guess money goes toward the wedding or honeymoon in Jamaica.

Of course you want to make sure you get a little something back, because you don't want to pay .
Smallville, curious why you don't want to have to owe?

If I had to assume, I think it is because having to pay anything back, especially if you don't plan for it, would be inconvenient. I am like Smallville. I set mine up so that I get as close to break even as possible.

Ask for a new W-4 to fill out. You can see the 2012 form here: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf

You can take 1 for yourself, another 1 for you if you only have one job and your spouse does not work, 1 for your spouse, 1 for each dependent, 1 if you have child care, and 2 for each child if you can take the child tax credit. You can also fill out the worksheet to see if you can reduce your withholding even more.

You can also fill out the part where you say you don't want anything taken out (and you have to meet the two qualifications).(#7 on the form)

I know that to make a change I'd have to fill out a new W-4 :doh: :act-up:

You wrote, "You cannot take more deductions than you actually have". Unless I lie, the max I can claim would be four exemptions, which is what I've done.

I figure whatever we get back will go towards paying on our land and our future house.

Bills Bills and Bills

Because I don't want to have to pay anything on April 15! The actual best way to do it is to pay all but 10% and pay that on tax day, but I'd just rather pay as little as possible or get back as little as possible.

I know that to make a change I'd have to fill out a new W-4 :doh: :act-up:

You wrote, "You cannot take more deductions than you actually have". Unless I lie, the max I can claim would be four exemptions, which is what I've done.
Talk to your payroll person, they should know more about it than I do (which is close to nothing!). If you are always getting a lot back, even while maxing out your deductions, it might be OK to take more than what you do. I don't know.

Ok I hear you Smallville. I usually end up paying (due to taxable benefits like bonuses and common shares) but I'm ok with that since it means I had the money in my hands as long as possible!

Just filed today, return is going towards an engagement ring. although its not going to put much of a dent into it as I didn't withhold any taxes until October so the return was minimal.

Just filed today, return is going towards an engagement ring. although its not going to put much of a dent into it as I didn't withhold any taxes until October so the return was minimal.

Congrats Dude! Welcome to THP!

Apparently I made too much money...not even adding a child got me a refund. Damn

Thinking driver fitting + new driver for me.

Apparently I made too much money...not even adding a child got me a refund. Damn

haha.. that sucks man.. or does it?

Got my money back yesterday. Now I just have to keep from spending it til the RBZ line comes out.

Thinking driver fitting + new driver for me.

haha.. that sucks man.. or does it?

yes and no, I had a great year in sales so I got paid for it. I was hoping to get about $1000 back, but I owe $66. Smalls would say I won. I was hoping for a refund though

yes and no, I had a great year in sales so I got paid for it. I was hoping to get about $1000 back, but I owe $66. Smalls would say I won. I was hoping for a refund though

Got ya. Ya smalls would def say u did it right. I've kind of gotten used to getting an extra $1000 around this time though so i can understand being disappointed when you don't get it.

Got ya. Ya smalls would def say u did it right. I've kind of gotten used to getting an extra $1000 around this time though so i can understand being disappointed when you don't get it.

well, last year I paid $1300 so only owing $66 is great. I also more than doubled my income so I am happy...haha

well, last year I paid $1300 so only owing $66 is great. I also more than doubled my income so I am happy...haha

haha.. well in that case I see no reason for you to be upset.

Saving it.

Depending how much I get back, I plan on putting some DG Spinners in my wedges and maybe a new Nike or Sligo golf shirt or some shorts. Use what is leftover to pay down some bills or credit cards.

Debating on a new Nike VR_S driver. I like my VR Tour but the money is just oh so tempting.

Back