Question about the Sr8-Fit

ActionJackson8

KAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Could not find this on the Nike Site, thought someone might know it before I shoot off an email. Does anyone know if Nike plans to sell the shaft adapters for the Str8-Fit Driver, as Nickent plans to with the Evolver?

Thanks,

-AJ

no idea but they'd be smart to...

I don't know either, but I doubt it. I was hoping to see the Str8 this weekend at the local golf show, they didn't have one there. TaylorMade brought out the R9 though, I really liked it.

I agree, and I'm hoping so since I have four shafts I would like to keep and use interchangeably, I have a V2, Axis, Epic, and the Redboard in my current Driver.

I agree, and I'm hoping so since I have four shafts I would like to keep and use interchangeably, I have a V2, Axis, Epic, and the Redboard in my current Driver.

yeah, that would make use of all the money you've invested in shafts. I have a few lying around and am excited to install evolver tips on them. I just need to find some money for an evolver head first.

I have contacted Nike to ask them. My gut feeling is know though. Due to the way it is made, I do not think they will.

Another that agrees with you here. It seems that the "i-mix" has been a bit of a flop for callaway cos the shafts cost silly money. So nobody buys. If nike do the same it would be equally silly... or they may just limit it to the one shaft route (dont know enough about the sr8 fit thing.)

Nickent has nailed the idea here. Cant wait for mine to arrive to see if the product is as good as the idea.....all reviews say yes!

You are correct that Nickent nailed it. But let's not forget that Nike is the same company that uses different locks on spikes and that has not changed sales a bit for them.

The goal with the STR8 and the R9 is not to changeout shafts, rather to be able to move the face. The Evolver is about interchangeable shafts as was the Callaway. Sure with the Nike and TM you can trade out shafts, but you can do that with any driver with a little bit of work. It is more about playability.

You are correct that Nickent nailed it. But let's not forget that Nike is the same company that uses different locks on spikes and that has not changed sales a bit for them.

The goal with the STR8 and the R9 is not to changeout shafts, rather to be able to move the face. The Evolver is about interchangeable shafts as was the Callaway. Sure with the Nike and TM you can trade out shafts, but you can do that with any driver with a little bit of work. It is more about playability.

Does that mean i will have less choice in which cleats i can use in my shoes then?

(im guessing by spikes you mean the rubber spikes/cleats in shoes)

They have just about every kind out there. Just a different way to put them in and take them out.

Another that agrees with you here. It seems that the "i-mix" has been a bit of a flop for callaway cos the shafts cost silly money. So nobody buys. If nike do the same it would be equally silly... or they may just limit it to the one shaft route (dont know enough about the sr8 fit thing.)

Nickent has nailed the idea here. Cant wait for mine to arrive to see if the product is as good as the idea.....all reviews say yes!

Nickent shafts are also on the high end, unfortunately. I am glad that they have made the converter tips available on the retail to help with that cost. I've built drivers on the Nickent page for 8-900 dollars.

I'd agree that the TM and STR8 and just different beasts all together. I am sure that in future they will incorporate all of the technology into one driver but they have to keep it at one step at a time. If the first generation str8 fit driver included all of its options plus the ability to interchange shafts you'd be looking at a very hefty MSRP price. The different drivers just address different people and different needs... some prefer the option to throw in a heavier shaft with different shaft specs to change their launch angle and ball flight as supposed to those who have that one shaft they love and want to change face angles and lie degrees to affect their ball flight.

Nickent shafts are also on the high end, unfortunately. I am glad that they have made the converter tips available on the retail to help with that cost. I've built drivers on the Nickent page for 8-900 dollars.

I'd agree that the TM and STR8 and just different beasts all together. I am sure that in future they will incorporate all of the technology into one driver but they have to keep it at one step at a time. If the first generation str8 fit driver included all of its options plus the ability to interchange shafts you'd be looking at a very hefty MSRP price. The different drivers just address different people and different needs... some prefer the option to throw in a heavier shaft with different shaft specs to change their launch angle and ball flight as supposed to those who have that one shaft they love and want to change face angles and lie degrees to affect their ball flight.

Yeah, its the fact they made the tips availbale that is so good. Im gonna have a shaft built for £50 that would cost £200 odd direct from nickent!!

Back