I suppose that's reasonable enough.
So if it's drawn, they play another 15 mins and the team that looses in OT gets 1 point, while the team that wins gets the full three they would have got had they won in ordinary time?

The 15 minutes if for the NFL (American Football). JB was talking about the NHL (Hockey) where they don't have tis any more. I assume they play 20 minute periods until there is a winner? Or they do a shootout? I don't know, I don't watch hockey!

In the NFL though, if it's tied after one overtime period, then the game is a tie. It doesn't happen often, although it did happen this year.

They do 3 twenty minute periods and then an overtime period. If no winner is declared, they go to shootout...IIRC

I think they changed the scoring that the team that wins a game that was tied in regulation gets 3 points now,

nope, the winner gets 2 points.

and they only have shootouts during the regular season. playoffs can potentially go all night.

Thanks NVM. We needed a hockey fan to set us straight! Like I said, I don't watch hockey!

Post season games in the NFL are the same way. The Chiefs and Dolphins played the longest game in the 1971 playoffs. Gotta have a winner in post-season play!

Sorry for the double post, but this is worthy news:
Kaka has just signed for man City!!!! If that isn't enough to blow your mind, the price tag will...

Wait for it...

...Wait for it...

Spoiler
£108 million. Sterling. (Just as a measure, the very, very, best players are usually valued at around 30 million...)

If your mind still isn't blown, his wages will finish the job, they are reputedly set at:

Spoiler
£500,000... per week!!

Wow, that's a great sign. If City can keep there squad for a while they will be a top squad I can tell. Robino and Kaka?! I'm scared, haha.

I'm not. Not for a few years anyway...

Kaka isn't happy about it. He feels he's being forced into the move.

Yeah, I meant in a few years. Once he's settled in he will be a great addition to City. For that kind of money though I wouldn't be complaining, but that's just me.

Well it's not a done deal yet. Real Madrid made a bid to match the offer. Although they won't pay the 562,000 a week but he wouldn't have to leave til after the season. Stay tuned.

Well that was much ado about nothing! Hope City gets another midfielder or two before the transfer window is closed. We can score goals so no more strikers!

Well Bellamy looked great in his first game with City (scored a goal). DeJong looked pretty good in his first game too. And they won! (No thanks to the ref who missed 5 penalty kicks that I saw).

Looks like City is serious about getting Newcastle Goalkeeper Shay Given. I'm disappointed because I think Joe Hart is doing a great job. I still think they need midfielders more than anything. I also think I am basically talking to myself, but that's OK . . . as long as I don't answer myself!

Columbus Crew for me. I'll admit I've only watched probably 3 games since they have been around. You have to root for the home team right? Plus they are the Champs so it's easy to root for them now. :smile:

And then they lose to ten-man Stoke City! (Who was in 19th place)

Don't worry Smalls, my team hasn't won its last 2 games against the Manchester United and Liverpool. :bad:

I'm sure you're all aware, Manchester United are on a run of 13 consecutive clean sheets! Its a British record in terms of both number of consecutive clean sheets and number of minuites the keeper has went without conceeding!

I was impressed by Man City this weekend too, very good performance against Middlesbrough.

I saw that Geezer. Pretty impressive by United and the Goalkeeper.

A good start for City's new keeper too. Given made four or five critical saves and I think he's world class, great signing.

I hate to see Joe Hart get benched though. He's pretty good for his age (21) but if he can learn from Given, that will be fine too. I just hate to see him not get the playing time. City is big on him too, I think they signed him to a 5 year deal this past summer.

USA vs Mexico is being played here in my home town. It won't be as cold this year. They are calling for upper 50's to low 60's for game time.

USA vs Mexico is being played here in my home town. It won't be as cold this year. They are calling for upper 50's to low 60's for game time.

I'll take Mexico.
But seriously, who'd be favourites in that game?

CHELSEA HAVE SACKED SCOLARI!!! According to their website anyway.
I think all this 'sack the manager' culture is a detriment to the game. Just look at the most successful manager in the English game: Alex Ferguson, he's been through barren spells with the club but Manchester United stuck by him and let him build team after team after team. When you sack the manager without giving him any time to settle at all, there's no continuity in the team...

I'll take Mexico.
But seriously, who'd be favourites in that game?...

They were favoring USA because they were expecting 30* temps for game time. The Mexican team hasn't faired so well the last couple of years because of the temps. Should be pretty even.

Back