Titleist Velocity Balls

No worries. That is what we are here for.

did you look on there website?

I did but I prefer insight from people who have no bias to the factory site.

Tried the Velocity today. Mixed results. I have been playing the Srixon Q-Stars. The Titleist Velocity felt hard off the driver. Distance was ok but not sure it was farther than the Q-Star. I was playing a club round so could not do any ball-to-ball comparison. I am going to try to get out this week and hit 10 of each and see how they compare. Not much spin around the greens. Just not sure right now if I like them much.

Tried the Velocity today. Mixed results. I have been playing the Srixon Q-Stars. The Titleist Velocity felt hard off the driver. Distance was ok but not sure it was farther than the Q-Star. I was playing a club round so could not do any ball-to-ball comparison. I am going to try to get out this week and hit 10 of each and see how they compare. Not much spin around the greens. Just not sure right now if I like them much.

Interesting. Sounds to me like a distance rock and nothing else.
hmmmm

Titleist Velocity Review

Titleist Velocity Review

According to Titleist, the new Titleist Velocity golf ball is the result of leading-edge design, proprietary technology and the unparalleled precision of a world-class manufacturing process. The all-new Velocity is powered by Titleist’s exclusive LSX core technology. This high-speed core is encased in an NaZ2 cover formulation that delivers high initial ball speed on all full swing shots and playable feel in the short game.Titleist having said that, we put the new 2012 Titleist Velocity golf ball through the rigors of testing the week after its debut at the 2012 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, FL, and we weren’t disappointed, especially given the fact that this new golf ball clocks in at around $26.95/dozen. This is a very nice golf ball for under $30, and the distance was explosive, although the Velocity plays a little on the hard feel side. Honestly, the only time the Velocity feels harder is on tee shots, but when it’s traveling 10-12 yds. farther, with less spin, who cares. Iron shots feel very solid, metal wood shots don’t leave your hands vibrating and produce less spin, wedge shots also produce minimal spin, and tend to release. Putts do seem to have a light touch with this ball, but the only drawback is the higher velocity effect the core & cover has on putts, so you’ll have to be careful when putting on fast greens, as the Velocity will ignite off your putter face. These golf balls are great on slower greens.The Titleist Velocity is geared for fast ball speed. Titleist states that the LSX core technology makes the new Velocity the fastest solid core in the whole Titelist golf ball line-up. I do like the tight, consistent ball flight, that is primarily the result of the staggered wave parting line and dimple design. Make no mistake about this ball, it is not a Tour caliber golf ball, BUT it is a great golf ball that performs fantastic for the cost, and you will gain noticeable distance off the tee. This ball was tested once in high wind conditions, and it performed well, with lower spin characteristics and a penetrating ball flight off the tee. The ball hits the green hard, but with little or no backspin, as most greens hit, the ball was 12″ to 18″ from the pitch mark. The ball has a distance dimple pattern & durable cover, is available in orange double-digit numbers (00, 11, 22, 33, etc.), and it features an alignment arrow on the side that is convenient for orienting your ball while putting. This golf ball performs noticeably better in warmer weather conditions & will be a great golf ball to use this summer.Titleist built this ball from the ground-up, and they should be proud of the work they did on this new golf ball. We recommend this ball for anyone on a budget who wants a bit of extra distance, without wanting to sacrifice short game feel or iron performance. Amateurs will benefit significantly on hitting longer tee shots & the golf ball releasing on greens toward the hole.

I call hogwash on a lot of the info in the prior post.

Little back spin but the ball was consistently 12"-18" from the pitch mark. Were they dropping it from space?

--
tapatalk

I love Titleist. So this is an accurate post. I think it's all mumbo jumbo that most people will believe makes this ball better than any Top Flite or Pinnacle distance rock. It will most likely be the exact same thing when I test it out.

Not bashing, but tried them and honestly, this one felt like a TopFlite or Pinnacle distance rock -- without the distance. I hit 5 of the Velocity and 5 of the Srixon Q-Star with my Cleveland FL 17 degree fairway wood, off a tee. I alternated shots. All were within 5-10 yards distance but none of the Velocity balls were longer than the Q-Star. Coupled with the fact the Velocity felt harder to me, I gave away the remaining 6 Velocity's in the box.

Not bashing, but tried them and honestly, this one felt like a TopFlite or Pinnacle distance rock -- without the distance. I hit 5 of the Velocity and 5 of the Srixon Q-Star with my Cleveland FL 17 degree fairway wood, off a tee. I alternated shots. All were within 5-10 yards distance but none of the Velocity balls were longer than the Q-Star. Coupled with the fact the Velocity felt harder to me, I gave away the remaining 6 Velocity's in the box.

Exactly what I thought would happen.

Titliest Velocity Thoughts?

Titliest Velocity Thoughts?

Anybody play these? Just recently saw them in the local pro shop and was wondering what actual golfers thought about them, not just the company's perspective.

Try the search function, believe there is a big thread on these out there.
I saw one about the yellow balls and people talking about the balls' release, but couldn't find one where people reviewed the actual ball. If there is please link it.

I did the search for you, click the link. 3 pages worth of info and a few reviews. If you have any questions, you can add them there. No need to start another thread on them.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

I call hogwash on a lot of the info in the prior post.

Little back spin but the ball was consistently 12"-18" from the pitch mark. Were they dropping it from space?

--
tapatalk

I agree with you. I have read a lot of reviews on this site and this sounds like a company press release and with only 1 post I have to question it. If I had an interest in the ball I would look for more frequent THP members comments.

I agree with you. I have read a lot of reviews on this site and this sounds like a company press release and with only 1 post I have to question it. If I had an interest in the ball I would look for more frequent THP members comments.

Kyle: Guess I am the only one to post on this ball. While I was not impressed I have continued to use it as a "second" ball over the past 3 weeks. It still feels somewhat hard off the driver and does not bite as well as the Q-Star around the greens. Distance similar to E6 and Q-Star -- not longer. Overall, not a bad ball. I guess the orange numbers are cool!

I'll stick with my Penta tp and callaway tour i(s)

Anybody play these? Just recently saw them in the local pro shop and was wondering what actual golfers thought about them, not just the company's perspective.
i played them today for 9 holes and found i was getting at least 10 yards further on my drives and shots with my 3 wood. I like them alot,I am not a long hitter so any extra distance is a bonus. I also shot my best score over 9 this year which was 45 and that was with an 8 on the card

Titleist velocity?

Titleist velocity?

Has anyone played this ball? If so how was it?

I found one of these and have been playing it on and off for the last couple of weeks. So far I'm pretty impressed. It may not be a great ball for an advanced golfer who needs a lot of spin and control, but for me it has been going dead straight on my drives with very good distance and I love the feel of it off my irons. On the green it seems to have a lot more stopping power than cheaper distance balls but I don't impart a lot of spin so have no idea what it would do in the hands of someone that does.

I think I'll have to buy a box of these and give them a real test.

Has anyone played this ball? If so how was it?

I found one during a round a few weeks ago and played it the final 3 holes of the round. It was on the long side compared to other balls I've played. I drove it thru a dogleg on a short par 4 that requires a draw tee shot. It was an easy swing and flew straight rather than a draw. Played it out of the bunker and got a bogey. The next hole is tough par 3 (for me at least). A guy in our group lasered the flag at 182, which seemed really long to me. I stuck with a 7 iron which is my 160-165 yd club. There was a sligh crosswind and the ball carried over the back of the green. I think the hole was playing closer to 170 but it was still one of the longest 7 irons I've ever hit. I hit a good flop and made a 10 footer for par.
The ball flew straight thru the fairway again on the 18th. I stuck the 9 iron on the green and 2 putted for par. It was a hot day and the balls were carrying anyways, but I liked the Velocity. Not sure what I'd compare it to. Maybe the E6 or the Gamer V2. I was guessing it was a similar offfering from Titleist to the old NXT Extreme.
I have not played a QStar, so no reference there.

I bought a dozen of these last week in hopes of finding a ball that I wouldn't mind losing as much as I do the Pentas. In the past, I had always played the Bridgestone e6 as my inexpensive ball. Having now played the Velocity for 3 rounds I must say that I am really liking it. Off the tee I'm finding it to be long and very straight. It has decent spin on full shots into greens. Chips have decent spin, although I'm not a guy who hits shots that stop on a dime. I actually like it better than the e6. And to my eye, I'm not seeing a drop-off in performance compared to the Pentas, but I'm probably not as in tune with my golf ball as others are when it comes to some of the subtle differences. I've played the same ball now for 36 holes and it looks brand new so the cover certainly holds up well. I was talking to the manager at the local Edwin Watts store today asking him what mid-range priced balls they were getting the best feedback on (without telling him I was playing and really impressed with the Velocity) and he said that hands down the ball that they are hearing the best about is the Velocity ball.

Just bought a dozen yesterday - will be giving them a full go this weekend and will report back. I am pretty straight off the tee but not a big hitter by any means. I have been currently using the E6 so I will compare them head to head.

Back