Octuplets mom getting outrage rather than gifts

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Last edited:
She's a Kook.

Wifey was telling me about a morning talk show, the mom reported that she plans to breast feed the kids (it'd take 12 hours a day, and she'd have to produce near a gallon of milk per day)

I didn't read the stories but I heard this morning that she has hired a publisist. The show I was listening to said it was $200k just for the births and that she will most likely get government assistance for a little while. How is she paying for this publisist? Oh she wants to sell her story for $2M. I hope Oprah pays her and then rips into her for being a dumba**.

It just keeps getting better

It just keeps getting better

From one source...

"I just longed for certain connections and attachments with another person that I -- I really lacked, I believe, growing up," Suleman said in excerpts from the interview released by NBC.

Suleman told NBC meanwhile her childhood left her feeling a lack of "self and identity."

"I didn't feel as though, when I was a child, I had much control of my environment. I felt powerless. And that gave me a sense of predictability," she said.

"Reflecting back on my childhood, I know it wasn't functional. It was pretty -- pretty dysfunctional, and whose isn't?"

From another source...

In the interview, Suleman called her childhood as an only child "pretty dysfunctional."

In the state documents, however, doctors quoted her as indicating she had a happy childhood. She told them she was an above-average student at Nogales High School in La Puente, where she enjoyed being a cheerleader, had many friends and stayed out of trouble. She said both her parents were loving and supportive.

What a gem. Tell me, does anyone feel like when they were a child, "they had control of their environment"? That they never felt powerless? They never questioned their self identity? This lady thinks she's unique. ROFL!

Photo

What a gem. Tell me, does anyone feel like when they were a child, "they had control of their environment"? That they never felt powerless? They never questioned their self identity? This lady thinks she's unique. ROFL!

There is nothing like an infant to make you feel powerless and without your own identity. It's only recently that my children's friends have called me anything BUT "Boo's Mommy" or "Kid's Mommy."

So this is her solution? Frying pan, meet inferno.

She's a nutcase. The circumstances make that clear, and her own statements resolve any charitable doubt to the contrary.

*WARNING*

Gummi goes on a rant -

Apparently she was expecting to have a bunch of money and sponsorship thrown at her for pulling this off. She needs to drink bleach, and let those kids go go a more stable household. All I see are 14 potential welfare cases.

.... if you can't feed em, don't breed em

LOS ANGELES — The Southern California mother of octuplets receives $490 a month in food stamps and three of her first six children are disabled and receiving federal assistance, her publicist confirmed Monday evening.

Spokesman Michael Furtney said Nadya Suleman did not want to disclose the nature of the disabilities, or the type or sum of the payments.

Furtney confirmed the public assistance payments after two sources told The Los Angeles Times that Suleman was receiving food stamps and federal supplemental security income.

"In her view these are just payments made for people with legitimate needs and are not, in her view, welfare," Furtney said. "She just believes that there are programs for people with needs and she and her children qualify for some of them."

In an interview that aired Monday, Suleman told NBC "Today" show anchor Ann Curry that she does not receive welfare.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490269,00.html

and more

and more

Taxpayers may have to cover octuplet mom's costs

LOS ANGELES – A big share of the financial burden of raising Nadya Suleman's 14 children could fall on the shoulders of California's taxpayers, compounding the public furor in a state already billions of dollars in the red.

Even before the 33-year-old single, unemployed mother gave birth to octuplets last month, she had been caring for her six other children with the help of $490 a month in food stamps, plus Social Security disability payments for three of the youngsters. The public aid will almost certainly be increased with the new additions to her family.

Also, the hospital where the octuplets are expected to spend seven to 12 weeks has requested reimbursement from Medi-Cal, the state's Medicaid program, for care of the premature babies, according to the Los Angeles Times. The cost has not been disclosed.

[A bunch of people say their opinions here. Edited just for Craig.]

A call to Suleman's publicist Mike Furtney was not immediately returned.

In her only media interviews, Suleman told NBC's "Today" she doesn't consider the public assistance she receives to be welfare and doesn't intend to remain on it for long.

Also, a Nadya Suleman Family Web Site has been set up to collect donations for the children. It features pictures of the mother and each octuplet and has instructions for making donations by check or credit card.

Suleman, whose six older children range in age from 2 to 7, said three of them receive disability payments. She said one is autistic, but she has not disclosed the other youngsters' disabilities, and refused to say how much they get in payments.

In California, a low-income family can receive Social Security payments of up to $793 a month for each disabled child. Three children would amount to $2,379.

The Suleman octuplets' medical costs have not been disclosed, but in 2006, the average cost for a premature baby's hospital stay in California was $164,273, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Eight times that equals $1.3 million.

For a single mother, the cost of raising 14 children through age 17 ranges from $1.3 million to $2.7 million, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is struggling to close a $42 billion budget gap by cutting services, declined through a spokesman to comment on the taxpayer costs associated with the octuplets' delivery and care.

Suleman received disability payments for an on-the-job back injury during a riot at a state mental hospital, collecting more than $165,000 over nearly a decade before the benefits were discontinued last year.

Some of the disability money was spent on in vitro fertilizations, which was used for all 14 of her children, Suleman said. Suleman said she also worked double shifts at the mental hospital and saved up for the treatments. She estimated that all her treatments cost $100,000.

Fourteen states, including California, require insurance companies to offer or provide coverage for infertility treatment, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. But California has a law specifically excluding in vitro coverage. It's not clear what type of coverage Suleman has.

In the NBC interview, Suleman said she will go back to California State University, Fullerton in the fall to complete her master's degree in counseling, and will use student loans to support her children. She said she will rely on the school's daycare center and volunteers.

The website:
http://www.thenadyasulemanfamily.com/

Last edited:
You got a cliff notes version Llulie....hehehe:act-up:

Hm? You mean that article isn't even everything?

Or you mean the bolded parts? A lot is repeated, or just opinion quotes.

From what I saw about it she doesn't have a clue.Seems pretty sad to me.Guess it takes all kinds.

In the NBC interview, Suleman said she will go back to California State University, Fullerton in the fall to complete her master's degree in counseling, and will use student loans to support her children. She said she will rely on the school's daycare center and volunteers.

So who is going to pay for her Masters Degree? People like this milk the system for way too long. What the hell does she need a master's degree for anyways? I'm sure it's not for raising babies. :angry:

I say we vote her off our island because I'm tired of hearing about her.

So who is going to pay for her Masters Degree? People like this milk the system for way too long. What the hell does she need a master's degree for anyways? I'm sure it's not for raising babies. :angry:

I say we vote her off our island because I'm tired of hearing about her.

what do you expect... she pay her own way? haha

ahhh... what a beautiful system we have. I wonder who she voted for?

btw, does anyone here not consider SSI and foodstamps to be welfare?

what do you expect... she pay her own way? haha

ahhh... what a beautiful system we have. I wonder who she voted for?

btw, does anyone here not consider SSI and foodstamps to be welfare?

Maybe she should have saved that $100,000 she dropped on treatment and used it for her college. Just a thought.

After 63 I don't consider SSI welfare. Prior to that yes.

Maybe she should have saved that $100,000 she dropped on treatment and used it for her college. Just a thought.

After 63 I don't consider SSI welfare. Prior to that yes.

well of course... it's different for the elderly.

She's a nut job no doubt. But this is truly one of those unusual, outlier cases.

On the money...She claims her (original) kids are disabled...Autistic. But as you all know, Autism is a spectrum disorder...(do I need to explain "spectrum disorder"? It's like depression - a doctor's opinion as to when it becomes a disorder instead of just normal behavior.)

And as for the Masters...She has said she wants her own show, where she's a "baby expert." I heard her pitch isn't going well at the networks.

On the money...She claims her (original) kids are disabled...Autistic. But as you all know, Autism is a spectrum disorder...(do I need to explain "spectrum disorder"? It's like depression - a doctor's opinion as to when it becomes a disorder instead of just normal behavior.)

And as for the Masters...She has said she wants her own show, where she's a "baby expert." I heard her pitch isn't going well at the networks.

How in the world is she going to have a show and raise 14 kids? Maybe she should have thought that all the way through prior to the last pregnancy. Sounds like someone's been watching too many episodes of "John and Kate plus 8".

I'm still up for voting her off the island. :alien2:

Back