Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those test results were supposed to be anonymous right? So since A-rod has been leaked then all 104 need to be leaked. Funny how everyone wanted to discount Canseco's book but most of the guys he's named have now either admitted to taking roids or have tested positive. Yeah he did things the wrong way but maybe there's a lot of truth in his book.

I saw a quote from Jeter, saying that he thought that if you took an anonymous test the results were supposed to be anonymous.
I couldn't find it on espn but here is a clip of A-Rod admitting that he took performance enhancing drugs. He says that he doesn't actually know what he took.
http://espn.go.com/

The Dodgers signed Jeff Weaver to a minor league deal today. He will compete for the 5th spot in the rotation or a spot in the bullpen. Im assuming he is no longer represented by Boras, because Frank McCourt came out and said today that he has advised all Dodgers scouts to avoid all Boras clients in this years draft. I take it this means the Manny talks are not going to well.

He is a sleeper for sure. Still have good stuff.

The Dodgers signed Eric Milton to a minor league deal for 650k. I know you Reds fans loved him,:sick:, but it never made sense to put a fly ball pitcher in a band box. Maybe he will work in the pitchers park that is Dodgers Stadium.

I think he could really help them especially with the type of pitcher he is in that park.

I sure hope so. It seems like we have signed a lot of re treads this year. Another reason I didnt renew my season tickets.

The Angels signed Bobby Abreu for 1 year 5 million. I like this deal, I just dont like the Angels.

It is a great deal for them. It gets him out of NY where he struggled and into a park that his style of hitting is so perfect.

It is a great deal for them. It gets him out of NY where he struggled and into a park that his style of hitting is so perfect.
Thats what I was thinking, remember how good he was with the Phillies, and Anaheim doesnt have a short right porch, but its not long either. It also lets Guerrero DH more which is good. The only reason I really watch Angels games is for Vladdy, the guy is one of the most amazing hitters I have ever seen.

Plus he has one of the best nicknames in baseball. "The Impaler". One of my father's best friends owns a bat company that makes the bats and gloves for Vlad and Big Papi. They always tell us that Vlad is such a good guy.

He brings his Mom to a game once a week and she cooks for all the latin players. They all love her. He does a lot for the community too.

Wow, that's a lot of personal info thrown out there. I'm not sure what to believe anymore. Crazy story though.

You read it on the internet so it has to be true. Very crazy story indeed.

The Nationals just signed Dunn to a 2 year deal, he will play firstbase. This should make Mannywatch a little more intersting.

The Nationals just signed Dunn to a 2 year deal, he will play firstbase. This should make Mannywatch a little more intersting.

Bowden has a man crush on both Kearns and Dunn. If he was still in Cincy he would not have traded either one. We'll see how well Dunn does there. Cincy tried him at first base and there was a reason that he ended up back in left field.

Bowden has a man crush on both Kearns and Dunn. If he was still in Cincy he would not have traded either one. We'll see how well Dunn does there. Cincy tried him at first base and there was a reason that he ended up back in left field.

I think I remember reading that he was scared of the ball at first. I think the Nats still have Willy Mo too, so it sounds like he is building another powerhouse like the 2004 Reds. :confused2:

I think I remember reading that he was scared of the ball at first. I think the Nats still have Willy Mo too, so it sounds like he is building another powerhouse like the 2004 Reds. :confused2:

Once they leave Cincy they make a stop in Washington. Bowden is afraid to get guys that he hasn't seen. Maybe he'll realize one of these days that the team sucked in Cincy so just moving them to another city isn't going to change things.

Once they leave Cincy they make a stop in Washington. Bowden is afraid to get guys that he hasn't seen. Maybe he'll realize one of these days that the team sucked in Cincy so just moving them to another city isn't going to change things.

I think the Nats need to get some pitching, Odalis Perez is not going to cut it. Did you see that the Dodgers picked up Milton? That will be funny.

I think the Nats need to get some pitching, Odalis Perez is not going to cut it. Did you see that the Dodgers picked up Milton? That will be funny.

I did see that. He'll probably beat us a time or two. :sad:

I did see that. He'll probably beat us a time or two. :sad:

I just hope his neck is healed from all the whiplash he got in Cincinnati.

Spring training starts today, Woohoo.

And it is in my backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back