Top Flite D2+ Straight vs Top Flite Gamer V2

Golfer_LD

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking to stock up on golf balls before a golf trip in about 4 weeks. I see the best deals are on the Top Flite D2s and the Top Flite Gamers V2. My question is out of the 2 which one will be straighter off the driver? I tend to fight a slice and the course we will be playing has a few holes that are pretty tight. Any comments on the straightness of either of these will be appreciated.

Thanks

First of all, don't just buy the cheapest "straight" ball you find. Try online ball fitting tools and see what they recommend. You want the best overall ball for your game, not just the straightest. And with a flawed swing, no ball is straight (besides Polara).

That being said, of you really just want one of these balls, the D2+ Straight will be straighter.

If you want a dramatically straight ball, then go with Polara. It will definitely reduce your slice.

I got a 15-pack of D2 straights as a holiday gift this year and will try them out but I'm more interested in field-testing the Bridgestone E6's that I bought last weekend since that's what will supposedly work best for me according to their online ball fitting.

To add some (tongue in cheek) time pressure to this decision, woot has 24-packs of Gamer V2's today for $20 :)

http://sellout.woot.com/sale/top-flite-gamer-v2-golf-balls-24

Ken

I have tried several of the Online Fitting tools, Bridgestone says I should play an E6 (26.99 a dz), Srixon says I should play a Q star (24.99 a dz) and Titelist wants me to play either a Pro V1X (47.99 a dz) or the NXT Tour S (31.99 a dz). I would really prefer not to pay $2 or more per golf ball and I was unable to find any online fitting tools for Top Flite. That being said, I am not stupid and I don't think a golf ball will magically fix my slice, what I was trying to say is that my slice is the weakest part of my game so if one ball had less driver spin than the other that would be a plus.

I have tried several of the Online Fitting tools, Bridgestone says I should play an E6 (26.99 a dz), Srixon says I should play a Q star (24.99 a dz) and Titelist wants me to play either a Pro V1X (47.99 a dz) or the NXT Tour S (31.99 a dz). I would really prefer not to pay $2 or more per golf ball and I was unable to find any online fitting tools for Top Flite. That being said, I am not stupid and I don't think a golf ball will magically fix my slice, what I was trying to say is that my slice is the weakest part of my game so if one ball had less driver spin than the other that would be a plus.

I fight a slice with my driver as well. Its not a huge one, but more than what I would prefer.

I play the Bridgestone E6 and Gamer V2. Bang for your buck, it doesnt get much better than the Gamer V2.

For the next few minutes, you can get a real deal on the Gamer. Sellout Woot is having a Woot Off. They have a limited quantity and when it sells out, they move on to another item. Check it outl

http://sellout.woot.com/sale/24468

I appreciate the offer, but DiamondTour.com has a hell of a deal on the Gamer and D2...if you buy 6 boxes of 15 balls (90 balls total) the Gamers are shipped for $75 and the D2 Straights are shipped for $69.

Between the Gamer and the E6, did you notice one slicing more than the other or about the same?

Thanks for all the great info.

E6 is going to be straighter. I've used both but love the V2.

Definitely a personal call. Hit them if you can to compare. The Gamer v2 will give you more spin into the greens. Gamer v2 is a great ball for the price. Can be found on ebay for $10 a dozen too.

I have read a lot about the Gamer V2 and have yet to find anything really bad about them. Excellent ball especially for the money from most reviews. Just picked up a dozen to try out myself. I have come across a few D2 straights on the course and did not really find them to help all that much with a slice. Didn't notice anything really. i would probably go with the better feeling V2's

I have played the V2 and it did reduce my slice some. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it felt a little too hard for me. I like a softer feeling ball.

I love the Gamer V2. Great ball for the price. I tried to like the E6 all last summer, but I just couldn't get over the muted feel. Go buy some Gamers! KCM

Back