Weekend of Feb 21-22

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
We're possibly going to the range on Sunday afternoon. It's only going to get up to the low 40s so we'll see. Cleaning out the garage seems like a good project for the weekend since I haven't touched it since just before winter started. We do have the City-Liverpool game to watch on Sunday but it's in the morning. I hate that it's 55 today but is only going to be 32 tomorrow and low 40s on Sunday. All the warmer days during the winter seem to be during the week, which is great for MO but bad for me!

Demoing more irons Saturday, then Sunday helping GF's daughter build a mousetrap for a school project.

I'm hoping to hit the driving range on Sunday.

CM,
I heard at the store you can actually just buy a mouse trap....hehe.
Good luck with the irons tomorrow.
We are going to see Howie Mandell and then taking it easy and catching up on reviews.

I've got two trees that are needing to go. One is rotten on the inside, and I'm worried about it hitting the house with the violent spring storms, and the other one is just dying (stinkin' mulberry trees!)

I'll be firing up the chainsaw on Saturday morning, if any of y'all wanna come by!

CM,
I heard at the store you can actually just buy a mouse trap....hehe.
Good luck with the irons tomorrow.

No, we have to make something in the style of the old mousetrap game using simple machines.

I've got two trees that are needing to go. One is rotten on the inside, and I'm worried about it hitting the house with the violent spring storms, and the other one is just dying (stinkin' mulberry trees!)

I'll be firing up the chainsaw on Saturday morning, if any of y'all wanna come by!

What time are we cracking open the cold ones? It'll take me a couple minutes to get to your side of town. :roll: Just don't want to miss the cold ones. :laugh:

No, we have to make something in the style of the old mousetrap game using simple machines.

I always liked the bowling ball held up by string, which is burned through by a candle which is lit by a shoe falling on the cat which has the match tied to his tail and strikes upon running....

You should build one of those. :D

I remember that from cartoons GB. It worked quite well. hehe

Rube Goldberg machines.

The videos from those contests are always fun to watch.

I still have that game! It went along with "Crazy Clock" (we have that too!).

[YOUTUBE]lwOmXkcGang[/YOUTUBE].[YOUTUBE]99NMrSFZZfE[/YOUTUBE]

This weekend's going to suck. My parents are going somewhere from Fri night, to Sun night...and all in between I'll be stuck at my brother's football and baseball practices and games, and at my grandparent's house... :(

Problem is she had to submit a plan and then base her machine off of that, creative little 8 year old but getting it to work will not be that easy.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I wasn't suggesting that she watch the videos for an idea. I was just saying the name of what those inventions are called. Anything "over-engineered" like the mousetrap in the board game has come to be known as a Rube Goldberg machine. Then, as a separate thought, that I enjoyed watching the videos. Some program like Nova or Scientific American did a show on the annual Rube Goldberg competition many years ago and it was hilarious.

This weekend is looking like a trip to the range again on Saturday with the new bag, with a session on the practice green using the new putter. I'll probably try and sneak in 9 holes on the par-3 course at Duran's practice facility while I'm at it.

I wasn't really responding directly to your quote Harry, it just was the shortest one to quote, hehe. But thanks for telling me what they were called because now I have a way to search for the ideas I need!!!:clapp:

Exciting weekend for me. Golf tomorrow, stableford qualifying competition at the club. Weather looks reasonable too, possibly up to 50 degrees with sunny spells. Fabulous for February in England!

Sunday may bring another game with hubby - plus lots of cleaning of clubs and packing afterwards for the early morning flight to Miami on Monday morning!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

So excited. Can't wait to feel the sunshine on the fairways.:cool:

Will go and practice Saturday at my home course facility. The weather is supposed to be in the mid 60's.

Id load the saws up in my truck and come help you but, but Texas is a bit of a drive. :bulgy-eyes:

What time are we cracking open the cold ones? It'll take me a couple minutes to get to your side of town. :roll: Just don't want to miss the cold ones. :laugh:
No kidding. If Gummi says he's supplying all the High Life I can drink and pays for my gas there and back, Im in.

I have aboslutely nothing planned this weekend. We are supposed to get 4-7" of snow tonight and tomorrow, so I will have to snowblow the driveway sometime tomorrow but besides that Im just planning on chillin' all weekend.
Prolly watch the golf tourney and the NASCAR races, but I have nothing else planned.
Its like that line from Office Space, "I did nothing and it was everything I thought it could be."

Last edited:

29709.jpg

Just got back from Howie Mandel with GG. Good times.

Tree cutting is on hold due to 40mph winds here.

I'm going to regrip some clubs for Pop, and loaf around the house today. Supposed to be less windy tomorrow. It's gonna be a long day, and Monday's going to be tough.

I'm going to regrip some clubs for Pop, and loaf around the house today. Supposed to be less windy tomorrow. It's gonna be a long day, and Monday's going to be tough.
Probably a good idea. Wind can make felling trees kind of trick because a gust of wind can make a tree fall in a direction that you might not expect, not to mention you dont want to be up in the bucket of a boom truck trimming branches in winds like that.
My parents, my brother and I all heat out homes almost exclusively with wood heat, so we spend a lot of time cutting firewood.
Ive got 3 saws: a Stihl 021, an Echo CS-520 and for the really big stuff Ive got an Echo CS-8000 (its an 80cc chainsaw with a 4' bar). I bought it for way cheap on Ebay, other than that I wouldnt have bought it. Those things are over $800 new and I dont exactly need a saw that big, but its nice to have around just incase.
The rest of the family has all Stihls, mostly Stihl 026s, MS 290s and 031s.
I love it when people start talking about their, "big" saws and they referr to saws that are 50-60cc and then I comment to them that I have an Echo thats 80cc. :cool:

So that wasn't you out there first thing this morning cutting down the tree in my neighbors yard, no wonder they looked at me funny when I yelled, "Hey Gummi! Trying to sleep here!"

Back