Costco Callaway X-24 set

nman84

Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry if this is a repost. Was at Costco today and saw a Callaway X-24 11 piece set. Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, 4hybrid, 5-pw, and sw.

Does anyone have these? What are your thoughts? They are on sale for $549.99 so it seems like a good deal.

Couldn't find it on usa costco website but it is on the canadian: http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product...548&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C

Any info/opinions would be great!

Its a special set made to be low cost. I would expect it to be lower quality, with just the name.

Sorry if this is a repost. Was at Costco today and saw a Callaway X-24 11 piece set. Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, 4hybrid, 5-pw, and sw.

Does anyone have these? What are your thoughts? They are on sale for $549.99 so it seems like a good deal.

Couldn't find it on usa costco website but it is on the canadian: http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product...548&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C

Any info/opinions would be great!

Would be great for a starter set. But if you want the top of the line stuff, that's not it.

I have had good luck with most Costco products. I would check the specs of this set with specs on their website. Costco does have generous return policy if you decide you do not like them.

Hmm, thanks for the replies. So not built to the same specs as the X-24 Hot irons then from what you guys are saying

Hmm, thanks for the replies. So not built to the same specs as the X-24 Hot irons then from what you guys are saying

completely different look from the X-24 Hot from Callaway. Also, Callaway never released X-24 woods, just an iron set.

For that price you can piece together a decent set of clubs with some used last year models in there... I would rather do that then get that set. There are a lot of good iron sets in the 200 dollar range, and the rest can be gotten for pretty cheap, including nice drivers like a R9 SuperTri...

Those look like bad attempts of counterfeiting

Tappin!

Those look like bad attempts of counterfeiting

Tappin!

Nothing counterfeit about them, just a cheaper version of a good iron.

These are good clubs!

These are good clubs!

I bought a set of these to leave at my Palm Springs place. I started using them and scoring better than my regular set. I am a bogey golfer and my regular set are '96 Big Bertha irons and a FT3 Driver and 3w. These new clubs are easier to hit and work. One drawback is that there is a serious gap between pw and sw. I filled it in with a 52deg utility wedge. My scores are dropping into the 80's.

I like them so much that I bought a second set to replace my Berthas. BTW the hybrid 4 is awesome. I hit it about 185 with a high trajectory. Very useful club.

Last edited:
just a thought

just a thought

Cheaper version. Made for the discount stores. Not the same quality as the regular version. I'm pretty sure these can not be bent. These types of clubs from Callaway are the reason I stopped playing they're stuff because my home course stopped being a dealer. Hard for a little dealer to sell the real version, when they are being sold down the road by a discount store at half the price. This is where Callaway did they're dealers a real dis-service as the regular dealers are not allowed to sell these clubs.

For what it's worth, TaylorMade also made up 'special' sets of R7 clubs exclusively for Costco. Their Costco models also came with driver, 3 & 5 wds., a 4 hyrbid and 5-SW irons with TT Uniflex shafts. These clubs were called R7XD's and, except for the paint on the clubheads & shafts, they were identical to the 'normal' R7 Draw model clubs. Note: these should not be confused for the R7XD Titanium irons though.

At any rate, like TM, Callaway is extremely conscious about their reputation when it comes to quality. So, when it comes to reliability or overall quality, I'd bet the X24 full sets are 'as good' as anything else Callaway builds. Performability is a different matter though, although 99% of that comes from playing equipment that's best matched up with the skill level and needs of the user.

However, unless you're a highly skilled player that truly 'knows' what equipment to buy and/or those who have the ability to produce almost any shot needed, I'd bet lots of money that the Callaway X24 complete set will perform perfectly for those with handicaps above 15.

Back