Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
5i-9i Ping i20's. Green Dot (I'm guessing). I hit this at the range last night as I had to check out a different one and man. To thos eo fyou who dont think I make consistent contact, go kick rocks. I have proof now. They were 1/2 long but I hit the center consistently except for one shot. I hit about 15-20 balls. My ZStars were consistently on the heel so that means I need them more upright?

Either way, so happy. I just need to figure out how to fund them. I'll go to Ping Center to get fit because the shafts, while I got some great distance and dispersion, the ball just literally dropped out of the air. I was landing them right next to my zstars if not a little further at times. I reckon the zstars fitted will end up making it even or them a little longer but even then, the ZStars are 3* stronger with graphite shafts.

More flat homey!

More new clubs and rest those for now!

FIFY !!! LOL...

Man, I'm just gonna try Thain's suggestion and also have Ryan look at them on Sunday. My swing with my irons is extremely consistent right now and I cant have turd fitting lie angles.

FIFY !!! LOL...

Man, I'm just gonna try Thain's suggestion and also have Ryan look at them on Sunday. My swing with my irons is extremely consistent right now and I cant have turd fitting lie angles.

Can you clarify that you were hitting them closer to the hosel, inside the sweetspot, and you weren't speaking of the heel hitting/digging the ground? I'm just making sure the info that I have you was correct.

Were the depth of the divots evenly distributed from toe-heel?

Can you clarify that you were hitting them closer to the hosel, inside the sweetspot, and you weren't speaking of the heel hitting/digging the ground? I'm just making sure the info that I have you was correct.

The way they dug into the turf was tough to get because the range was absolutely horrid. I literally hand landing strips of turf to hit off of but it felt like I couldnt get the club over no matter what and if I did it was because I really had to get after releasing it. i dont know if that makes sense. let me put up a pic of the impact tape... One of the pics you see a ball on th toe lol. That was a couple shots when I tried doing some adjustments. Th reast you can see close to the sweet spot but towards the heel. They were fading or a push fade.

FIFY !!! LOL...

I love your fify!

If you're having trouble releasing the club or turning it over they could be too flat. Especially if the toe is digging and swinging the face open at impact. I'll have to see pics to confirm.

If you're having trouble releasing the club or turning it over they could be too flat. Especially if the toe is digging and swinging the face open at impact. I'll have to see pics to confirm.

Here you go dude! like I said dont mind the one or two balls on the toe. the botton is just also from the turf. It was bad dude.

IMG-20120309-00134.jpg

So TMex is hitting great with irons that are too long for him? And needs clubs more flat? WTC

I love your fify!

Bro i m so close. But I'm trying to hold out. They werent as soft as the ZStars at impact but they gave such a solid thump and my ballflight was so consistent. Baby draw dude and within like a few yards of each other. It was nice how much they fit me. That made it easy too. but Tuna was right about the ballflight lol. It literally just dropped out of the air. Reckon I'd want a softer landing.

So TMex is hitting great with irons that are too long for him? And needs clubs more flat? WTC

Lol yeah I dont know dude. When I was at the CPC he wanted to go .5 inch long and 1* upright but felt that 1* upright would've been the happy medium since he was planning on fixing my swing then.

There's so much contact on that face tape that it's hard to tell. But judging by impact presses and dirt on the sticker, I would say the clubs that was on are a little too long, and a little too flat for the swing you were putting on them last night.

There's so much contact on that face tape that it's hard to tell. But judging by impact presses and dirt on the sticker, I would say the clubs that was on are a little too long, and a little too flat for the swing you were putting on them last night.

I'll get more tonight dude and try to make it a little cleaner. Would you think 6 strikes would be enough after I get warmed up? The impact tape is old plus I kept it close to the sole. I try and get it cleaner for you.

I'll get more tonight dude and try to make it a little cleaner. Would you think 6 strikes would be enough after I get warmed up? The impact tape is old plus I kept it close to the sole. I try and get it cleaner for you.

Actually 3 should be enough if theyre consistent strikes to your typical, but hit off of a lie board. The divot action clouds the tape and makes the results a little less clear. Try to hit off of a lie board tonight(if you can) with some tape on the bottom. THAT is the spec that we are really needing ATM, much more than face tape.

Actually 3 should be enough if theyre consistent strikes to your typical, but hit off of a lie board. The divot action clouds the tape and makes the results a little less clear. Try to hit off of a lie board tonight(if you can) with some tape on the bottom. THAT is the spec that we are really needing ATM, much more than face tape.

Sweet dude. I think think they'll have any problem letting me do that!

Haha... I hope you mean dont...

LOL. Yeah they wont lol... Aye its one of those days dude. I was just so damn excited about the i20's but I think if I can get these straightened out, I might be able to hold out.

Tmex, when you take a divot are you seeing more residue from the divot predominantly on the hell of the iron? You can also inspect the actual divot hole in the turf and if it's a bit deeper on the heel side then you need a flatter lie angle.

Tmex, when you take a divot are you seeing more residue from the divot predominantly on the hell of the iron? You can also inspect the actual divot hole in the turf and if it's a bit deeper on the heel side then you need a flatter lie angle.

yeah there was definitely dirt caked toward that end. it was hard to tell what directions the divot went because the turf was horrid. it was those teenagers I bet.

So there was more dirt on the heel? That changes everything!

yeah there was definitely dirt caked toward that end. it was hard to tell what directions the divot went because the turf was horrid. it was those teenagers I bet.

So there was more dirt on the heel? That changes everything!

Yeah dude. I dont know if thats good or bad. I take divots lol. I was flinging divots but the turf was just jack up and so uneven etc.... It was funny. The range was setup in a moon shape so if I was aimed a little left i was pegging people with turf haha.

TC is right. You probably need them flatter. The lie board will tell all when you get a chance tonight.

Yeah dude. I dont know if thats good or bad. I take divots lol. I was flinging divots but the turf was just jack up and so uneven etc.... It was funny. The range was setup in a moon shape so if I was aimed a little left i was pegging people with turf haha.

TC is right. You probably need them flatter. The lie board will tell all when you get a chance tonight.

This is what happened to me during my Ping fitting. Clubs were too upright. Ordered them 1.5 flat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back