Mizuno MX-700 Unboxing

I came away extremely impressed yesterday with these drivers. I will be taking them to the course to play 18 today with 3 other guys and all of us will be gaming these.

i loved the feel of the Mizuno today. i would have no problem putting it in my bag

Glad to hear you guys are impressed with the MX-700. It sounds like the 700 is a lot like my MX-560 (in that its forgiving and easy to hit) but it has a hotter face.

That was their line not mine Bakemono...hehe
The mid to high handicappers really liked it. The low cappers did not care for it much. Shaft was not for them at all.

But the million dollar question is what would you have thought if we did not like it? You are extremely brand loyal so I am curious....hehe

I try to be as unbiased as I can with reviews. And obviously by my bag I am not loyal to any brand because I think different brands have their strengths for MY game.

In the end, this is not the best driver I have hit this year, but it would be in my top 5 for sure. That surprised me and I enjoyed the heck out of it.

That was their line not mine Bakemono...hehe
Notice I edited that post and took that comment out? :D I personally think that comment on that Mizuno rep's part was not the best choice of words.
I hope you didnt get the impression that I was calling you out or trying to start any kind of drama, that was not the case.

But the million dollar question is what would you have thought if we did not like it? You are extremely brand loyal so I am curious....hehe
Well, if you hadnt like it I would have respected your opinion. I havent gotten the chance to hit an MX-700 yet so I really cant comment on it.
You have stated in the past that you werent a fan of the MX-560 and I didnt take any offense from that comment. If you dont like it, you dont like it. I would much rathar you be honest and state your opinion than to do like what the magazines always do and sugarcoat everything, not really saying anything bad about any product.
I am brand loyal. However, I am not BLINDLY brand loyal. I used to be a die-hard Titleist guy. Over time, as I was unimpressed with various Titleist clubs, I merely gave Mizuno a shot because so many people spoke so highly of them. I have never had any regrets in my switch to Mizuno and I have been pleased with them.
However, by no means would I refuse to try anything else or would I refuse to put a club in my bag that isnt a Mizuno.
I recently bought a Ping putter and a couple Ping wedges. If I like the Pings and they work well for me, they will stay in my bag. If not, they wont. I am brand loyal, but I also keep an open mind.

I try to be as unbiased as I can with reviews. And obviously by my bag I am not loyal to any brand because I think different brands have their strengths for MY game.
I respect you for your honesty.

Thank you that means a lot.

As for Mizuno saying what they said, keep in mind, we do not deal with reps. This was someone a little higher up saying it. He was referring to the point that for the most part, they are an iron company. The success of their drivers has been almost nonexistent over the last few years based on play and reviews. As have their hybrids. I have hit the hybrids and immediately thought that there were 5-7 hybrids out on the market that are significantly better for the average player.

But that is what is great about todays equipment. Even gear that by most people would be considered "not great" is still VERY GOOD.

Thank you that means a lot.
I treat people the way they treat me. You and I havent always seen eye to eye, especially on other forums, but ever since I started coming here you have always treated me with respect.
Ive also always seen you treat everyone else with respect and that means a lot.
Even if I totally disagree with your opinions, I will always respect the fact that they are YOUR opinions and you have a right to express them. The same goes for everyone else on this forum.
I know that I am very passionate about what I think and how I feel about things and sometimes I may come off as opinionated, but I do respect each and every person on this forum.

As for Mizuno saying what they said, keep in mind, we do not deal with reps. This was someone a little higher up saying it. He was referring to the point that for the most part, they are an iron company. The success of their drivers has been almost nonexistent over the last few years based on play and reviews. As have their hybrids. I have hit the hybrids and immediately thought that there were 5-7 hybrids out on the market that are significantly better for the average player.
I understand and I agree that Mizuno is most known for their irons and that their other clubs havent been best in class.
I still feel that was a poor choice of words on whomever from Mizuno said that.

But that is what is great about todays equipment. Even gear that by most people would be considered "not great" is still VERY GOOD.
Amen to that. :D Its great that no matter what brand you like, you can find clubs that perform very, very well.

Very cool that Mizuno has agreed to donate a brand new one of these drivers to our charity raffle event.

Very cool, indeed. Looks I will be buying some raffle tickets.

Back