Favorite Dog Breed

Number 1 dog involved in biting UPS drivers
Yes we have a winner: it is the labrador retreiver

I find that VERY hard to believe. Ive been around lots of Labs and I have never, ever known them to be biters. :confused2:

I find that VERY hard to believe. Ive been around lots of Labs and I have never, ever known them to be biters. :confused2:

Maybe in a raw number analysis. Labs are by far the most common pet dog.

I know that this Is a "Dog" Thread And we have 2 BUT... I am a CAT lover through and through and they do not get enough props I'm also a LEO maybe that is why I love em more. jmho.

Nothing wrong with loving cats! I have two currently, an orange & white maine coon mix and a black & white hemmingway (beware the 24 claws of fury!).

Nothing wrong with loving cats! I have two currently, an orange & white maine coon mix and a black & white hemmingway (beware the 24 claws of fury!).

Agreed, we have a cat at my house right now. We used to have 4.

Cool Osahar The Maine Coons can get up to about 25 or more lbs if It is a purebred. Males are Big Boys What is a Hemmingway? if I may ask? Like a black and white "Tuxedo" cat?

If I were to ever get another cat, a Maine Coon would be one I'd like. If I had a cat it would have to be a big one. The only cat I ever had was 12 or 13 pounds at less than a year old. It would have been a pretty big cat if it hadn't met that car.

Never been a cat lover. I guess Im just a dog person.

We only got the cat because it was New Years Eve, I was druuuuunk and the gal I was living with wanted it because her kids wanted a kitty cat!

I woke up the next morning and heard a meow and said "Oh sh-- it wasn't a dream!"

But it was a cool cat; the neighbor cats would come over and knock on the door for him to come out and play.

I didn't even know there were different breeds of cats.. lol. I have a cat though, don't know what she is.

I think she is a Jazz Fat Cat.. 10* loft. 800g head weight.

Wow Smalls 12 or 13 pounds at less than 1 yr old he probably would be pushing about 25 pounds at about 1 or 2 !! must have been one tough son of a gun all cats are cool but the "scrappers" are the best.

It's mother was a big cat too (for a female). He was heavy and muscled. He was the coolest cat I ever dealt with.

I've owned several Golden retrievers over the years- wonderful dogs. Have one now in fact. Also enjoyed the Corgi we owned. Have owned three Bassett Hounds but they all stink, slobber and are pretty dumb. LOL!

I also have a 1/2 Australian Shepherd / 1/2 Bernese Mountain dog that has the most amazing personality ever.

thats awesome I had a Orange Tabby Named Ivan died from a liver disease 3 years ago Beg of Feb He had long hair and His mane was so long he looked Like a Lion He didn't even make it to 5 19 lbs when healthy 11 when he passed hardest thing for me to go through, but now my best bud is my avatar Leo he is a pisser LOL.

Cool Osahar The Maine Coons can get up to about 25 or more lbs if It is a purebred. Males are Big Boys What is a Hemmingway? if I may ask? Like a black and white "Tuxedo" cat?

Yeah, our Maine Coon isn't a purebred, but she still pushes about 20 cuddly pounds.

Hemmingways can come in just about any coloration, I believe. Hemmingways are any cat that has more than the standard 5 front claws and 4 back claws. It's almost like they tried to grow a small second paw out the side of the first one, you'll see another small palm pad and smaller toe pads per claw. Ours has the maximum for them, 7 per front paw and 5 per back claw. When he decides he's grabbing hold of something, there's no stopping him!

Here are some pictures. Bootsy is the big orange & white belly, and there's a picture of Hemi as a kitten showing the paws and him a little older showing the back paws asleep.

Man If Hemi ever decided to scratch or dig you goodbye arms or legs "that is all she wrote" LOL and Bootsy looks like a serious bundle of love bet she is a serious lap cat LOL.

I have just the oposite experience but I'm not saying labs are biters.They can be very protective of their territory. On the most part I'll call them dogs that once they know you are great buddies full of joy and fun.I deal with a lot of different dogs while working and so do my co-workers.And I can't say never,ever
But in the long run I'll have another lab cause they're cool and have boundless energy.Just toss a ball or duck trainer and see who wears out 1st.

Maybe in a raw number analysis. Labs are by far the most common pet dog.

I think Harry is right on target with this one. Although I don't believe biting/aggression is breed specific, it's all about how they are raised and trained or lack of training.

BTW, I must be the worst dad ever because both my daughters want a cat, I can't stand cats and refuse to let them get one.

Man If Hemi ever decided to scratch or dig you goodbye arms or legs "that is all she wrote" LOL and Bootsy looks like a serious bundle of love bet she is a serious lap cat LOL.

Dead on! Both are big on cuddling and lap cats, but Bootsy's favorite thing is to plant herself on my chest (and most of my upper body since she's huge) while watching tv in bed at night.

Another vote for the American Pit Bull Terrier. I grew up with more than a few and they were the best dogs. Great mix of intelligence and loyalty.

Police Issue, German Trained, German Sheppard :D

I know that this Is a "Dog" Thread And we have 2 BUT... I am a CAT lover through and through and they do not get enough props I'm also a LEO maybe that is why I love em more. jmho.

ok cat person...get outta here! (just kidding. kinda)

well Im a HUGE dog lover. I like dogs more than people. and im not joking. I've had all large breeds. Golden retrievers, labs, huskys and german shepherds. And without a single doubt the german shepherd is the greatest breed ever in the history of ever. Im not even stating my opinion...its FACT!

:alien2:

i have quite a few different dog breeds that i love.i really would love a shar-pei,they look awesome.my father in-law is a gamekeeper so gun dogs are also a favourite of mine but at the moment we don't own a dog,we have a cat and this cat without a word of a lie is the coolest cat you'll get.it's like a dog in disguise i'm telling you lol!!!

Back