Any Michigan Golfers?

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Three of my buddies and I are taking a trip in early May to TreeTops in Michigan. we have 36 holes set for friday, 36 for saturday and 27 for sunday. anyone ever play there and could give me some info on what the courses are like there?

They have some sweet courses in Gaylord, Treetops being one of them. Are you playing the par 3 course at Treetops also?

we play the Premier course and the Signature course friday, the Tradition course and Masterpiece course saturday, and the Masterpiece course again and then Threetops (the par 3 course) sunday

What time in May are you going up there?

Myself and 7 other buddies are going to the Otsego Club on the weekend of May 18. Friday we are playing The Classic, Saturday we are playing The Loon and The Tribute Course. Then Sunday we are playing Black Forest. I have never played these courses before and I am sure it will be a fun experience.

were going up there in the 11th. i would love to be going as a group of 8 but 4 was all we could get. maybe next year

I played every course there except for Threetops last summer. They're all beautiful courses. If i could rank them best to worst it would go Premier, Masterpiece, Signature, Tradition. Thye are all really great courses though. You'll want to bring a camera for the views you get.

I played every course there except for Threetops last summer. They're all beautiful courses. If i could rank them best to worst it would go Premier, Masterpiece, Signature, Tradition. Thye are all really great courses though. You'll want to bring a camera for the views you get.
thanks. i will for sure. im real excited to go play there. ive heard nothing but good thing about that place

I'm from Mich, but never been to Gaylord.

Anyone going to Gaylord should NOT overook Marsh Ridge.

I lived in Gaylord for 15 years, and that was my favorite.

Last fall my girlfriend and I went up to Gaylord for the weekend we play Blackbear, the loon, the front 9 at marsh ridge, and treetops tradition. The loon was one of my least favorite courses. The rates were really expensive for what it is but the 18th was really nice! I would rank Blackbear and treetops as our 2 favorite in the area up there! Don't over look Blackbear it's one heck of a course.

On our spring trip where going may 14th-18th we plan on stoping in west branch and playing green briar then going to boyne mountian and playing the memoral on Tuesday, staying at boyne highlands and playing the heather and bay harbor on Wednesday coming back to Gaylord to play treetops masterpiece and then finishing up at Blackbear on Friday! I can't wait only 4 more weeks!

Last fall my girlfriend and I went up to Gaylord for the weekend we play Blackbear, the loon, the front 9 at marsh ridge, and treetops tradition. The loon was one of my least favorite courses. The rates were really expensive for what it is but the 18th was really nice! I would rank Blackbear and treetops as our 2 favorite in the area up there! Don't over look Blackbear it's one heck of a course.

On our spring trip where going may 14th-18th we plan on stoping in west branch and playing green briar then going to boyne mountian and playing the memoral on Tuesday, staying at boyne highlands and playing the heather and bay harbor on Wednesday coming back to Gaylord to play treetops masterpiece and then finishing up at Blackbear on Friday! I can't wait only 4 more weeks!

If you're going to west branch, look into the dream and if you like a challenge, it's sister course the nightmare.

we play the Premier course and the Signature course friday, the Tradition course and Masterpiece course saturday, and the Masterpiece course again and then Threetops (the par 3 course) sunday

All are great! Sounds like a great time.

Flintstone,

We're saving tho's for our fall trip! But I have really wanted to play those two courses really bad but we have some vouchers for free golf at green briar so we thought we try them out

wow golferman you're right down the road from me. I didn't even notice that. I'm in Grand Blanc.

Yes sir! I'm closer to cloumbiaville but still a Davison address, we'll have to meet up and play some time. Also stay clear of flushing Vally that course has really turned to crap

Thanks for the heads up on Flushing valley, I was thinking about playing it this year. I assumed it would be nice since it just recently became a public course. I just picked up one of the golf books they're selling at King Par. It's going to be nice playing a lot of different courses this year.

How much was that book? I seen it but didn't know what it was all about?

For some reason at flushing they plug airairde the greens last fall but never went back and filled in the holes. The tee boxes had dandelions growing on them some of the greens even had black dirt showing on the putting surface. It's pretty bad when you have to hit a 10 foot putt like a 50foot putt

How much was that book? I seen it but didn't know what it was all about?

For some reason at flushing they plug airairde the greens last fall but never went back and filled in the holes. The tee boxes had dandelions growing on them some of the greens even had black dirt showing on the putting surface. It's pretty bad when you have to hit a 10 foot putt like a 50foot putt

The book is 100.00 for the south (clio area down to brighton) and 100.00 for the north (bridgeport up to grayling area) if you buy both they're like 139.00 I just picked up the south. You have to pay the cart fees but each course that's in there (there are 27 courses in the south, 33 in the north) gives you 2 18 hole rounds for free. Some nice local courses are sugarbush, captains club, copper ridge, devils ridge, IMA Brookwood (meh), and Coyote Preserve. I'm going to be playing a lot of different courses this year.

http://www.holeinonegolfbook.com

Was up in Gaylord last summer. First timer at Treetops. WOW. Great views, great staff, excellent courses. Also played Marsh Ridge the day before. That too was a "never miss again" course. 37.00 for 18 on a Thursday in June. Unbeatable.

Until I get there again, it'll be my home course in Dearborn.

I went to Boyne last year and played the Memorial and The Heather. Great courses. The Memorial is truly a spectacular course, as you go from hole to hole, you can really get the feel like you are on each individual Donald Ross course. They even had the fairways cut to replicate the actual hole. We didnt get to enjoy The Heather as much as it started to rain and thunderstorm on us after the second hole. We only got through 9 holes and had to pack it in.

I went to Boyne last year and played the Memorial and The Heather. Great courses. The Memorial is truly a spectacular course, as you go from hole to hole, you can really get the feel like you are on each individual Donald Ross course. They even had the fairways cut to replicate the actual hole. We didnt get to enjoy The Heather as much as it started to rain and thunderstorm on us after the second hole. We only got through 9 holes and had to pack it in.
Thanks for the info! I'm so looking forward to playing these courses I can't wait only 18 more days

Back