What Are The Best/Worst Golf Shoes You Have Ever Owned?

I'd have to say the worst pair I've ever had were the FootJoy Contours? I think that is what they were called. Whatever the least expensive model they have is, right around $40 for the pair. They were my first pair of "real" golf shoes when I started taking the game seriously.
Never were that comfortable and lasted less than one season before the sole started coming off at the toe and flapping around. I managed to glue it back for a while but came off again. Felt like I was walking on 2 X 4's...

Greenjoys, I agree they're terrible.

I just received my Adidas Adipures.. I can not believe they ride up on the heal.. Only way I can wear them is to remove the inserts... Looks like they gotta go back....... Sucks

Worst: Nike Air Zoom Elite - man those things make my feet hurt like no other shoe I have ever worn.

Best: My ancient Nike Air shoes. I think it was about the first year they made golf shoes, they didn't even make clubs back then.

Current: Tour 360's. I have only worn them a few rounds. Great shoes, very comfortable, but it would take years for them to live up to the old Nikes.

Last edited:
I can't recall the exact model, but my best AND worst were a set of Nike somethings from around 1990, maybe early 90s.
A sneaker-like model, soft sides...just SO comfortable. They had a cushion insert sandwiched between the bottom of the shoe and the actual sole.
And whatever they dressed our greens with just ate that insert up. Lasted maybe 2 months, and the soles just came apart.

Comfort, yea. Disposable? NAY.

I have not enjoyed Foot Joys

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

My feet don't enjoy the footjoy either. I'll never buy another pair.

I am a big fan of any of the gear out of the Kikkor line. 3 years going now that I haven't had sore feet after a round.

Currently wearing the Kikkor Tour Athlete Whitelite - great flexibility, very wide in the toe, spikeless, super comfortable.

The worst were a pair of footjoys, can't remember the name, but they had a neoprene sock for the liner, and were a bugger to get on and off, and were super uncomfortable once they were on !

I think my best, most comfortable and "dry" shoes were my old Dexter Dry Sports. They were like bedroom slippers.. I also liked the Walter Hagen goretex shoes. As luck would have it, both are gone........

I also have tried 2 pair of Dry Joys.. Very uncomfortable in my opinion...

I really like the Ecco Biom golf hydromax shoes I'm currently breaking in. Walked 18 with them and they are the most comfortable golf shoes for walking I've ever worn. The Ecco Cools I've had for the last couple of years have held up very well and with a good replacement insole have been pretty good too. Before I got into the Eccos I was on the footjoy band wagon. Worst set of shoes I purchased were some Nike's I picked up years ago at an outlet mall for 49 bucks.......these didn't live to see three rounds. Even though I wore them around the store for a while they killed my feet on the course!

Best Shoes: 1) Nike' from 2005. Fit my foot perfectly. 2) Nike Lunar Control/Adidas 4.0 360.

Worst: 1) Nike's from 1999 with "Waverly Last". Blister City. Could not make my self wear them an entire 18. 2) Foot Joy Green Joys 1990.

Narrow Feet: Nike and Adidas fit best.

Big Boned Feet: Footjoy and Etonic.

Worse shoes have to be an old pair of footjoy, don't remember the model but never fit right.

Best shoes have to be the Adidas ATV and Ecco Biom Hybrid's.

Worst, some Adidas from about 5 years ago. Best Ecco Biom Hybrids that I wore for the first time on the weekend.

Best shoes....hands down...Adidas AdiPure (my current gamers)

Worst shoes - Kmart specials from 20 years ago. Uncomfortable and fell apart in 10 rounds.

BEST: ECCO Biom hybrids
Worst: I doubt I'll ever own Foot Joys again.

Love my Ecco Street Premier shoes... best shoes I have ever owned!

Hmm, as far as "best" being most comfy, my TrueLinkwear Tours. My "best" as far as comfort + longevity +value? My adipures. I have had a leak in them 2 times and each time they have been replaced with no questions asked. So I paid $150 2 years ago and received 2 replacements. Its like I can't get rid of them.

The worst pair was some Footjoy e comforts that were great back in the day, but looking back how quick they went to poo makes me really appreciate the last 4 or 5 pairs I had.

Back