What Are The Best/Worst Golf Shoes You Have Ever Owned?

Normanator

Reaction score
Combe, Witney, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Handicap
What are the best or worst golf shoes you have ever owned?

Let me know what you best or worst golf shoe you have ever owned is! Rate them out of 10 on comfort, waterproofness, stability/grip and overall appearance. Also if you want add a picture of your favorite or nightmare pair!!

Name: Adidas Adipure

Comfort: 9.5/10
Waterproofness: 8/10
Stability/Grip: 9.5/10
Overall Look: 8.5/10

Pictures:

#1 View attachment 4361
#2 View attachment 4362
#3 View attachment 4363
#4 View attachment 4364

Last edited:
the first tw's.... they were so uncomfortable!!1 i switched to some adipures and doubt i will ever wear anything else again.

I have a few pairs of shoes. I like a lot of them. Rather than rate them, I will let the reviews on the home page I have done be the rating. I think I have 46 pairs total and love some better than others. Right now I can safely say that the Lunar Control Nike shoes are #1 in my rotation by a landslide. So much so that I keep two pairs of them on the THP Tour Van and 3 more pairs here at the office.

Worst ever was Nike Heritage. I actually gave them to my brother because he didn't have any golf shoes and felt sort of bad about it.

Hard to say which is better but...

Ecco Biom Hydromax and Ecco Biom Hybrid are easily the best golf shoes I've ever had!

Ecco Biom Goretex are the best shoes I have EVER had. So comfortable, found footjoy Dryjoy tours uncomfortable for some reason :(

the new spike-less addidas shoes, with the rubber toe boxes......AMAZINGLY comfortable, and i have flat, fat feet.....never buying shoes with spike again

Adipure are def on top of my list also with the lunar controls a close second and a lot cheaper for the comfort level they provide. Last place is most puma shoes for some reason they just don't fit my feet well.

I've owned a few pairs, but the Nike Zoom Elite II's have been my favourite by far. They are super comfy, look cool and provide really great stability. Loved them so much i bought 2 pairs!

Just got the True Linkswear PHX white with red stripe. Comfort is a 10. Great looking/ wide toe box for great stability and low to the ground. The feel you get on the greens for putting it remarkable. It almost like you can read the putt just by addressing the ball and not even looking at the line. Best golf shoe I ever bought. And I have had several nike and Footjoy shoes. I will never buy another golf shoe. True Linkswear does it right and has made me a believer. Give them a try. I hear the Pro version are even better with Memory foam in them. Thats my next purchase.

Best - Adidas 360 ATV's

Worst - Some old cheaper FJ's I got when I first made the HS golf team my freshman year, years ago. They weren't terrible by any means, but def my least favorite.

I am lucky that I haven't had many bad golf shoe experiences to date (have always researched and tried them on), and now that I have THP, I feel I'm always safe with making a well informed decision.

Adidas Powerband 3.0s. WORST shoes I have ever owned. I can't get through 18 without having a huge blister on the back of my foot (my back foot, left foot for me since I'm LH). I hate these shoes; I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Adidas Tour 360s

Comfort: 10/10
Waterproofness: 8.5/10
Stability/Grip: 9/10
Overall Look: 9.5/10

I have to second this...

Worst ever was Nike Heritage.

So far, the most comforatable shoes have worn are the Callaway Del Mar model. These are a spikeless shoe and are very very comfortable. This is the first pair of spikeless shoes I have owned and I do not now if I will buy another pair of traditional golf shoes again...at least not in the near future.

My adidas powerband 3.0s are the best shoes I have ever owned so far. the most comfortable after they have been broken in. they are a bit rough on the back of your feet to begin with but after that they are fantastic. great grip, pretty waterproof and just all around a great shoe, in my opinion.

I have to second this...

So far, the most comforatable shoes have worn are the Callaway Del Mar model. These are a spikeless shoe and are very very comfortable. This is the first pair of spikeless shoes I have owned and I do not now if I will buy another pair of traditional golf shoes again...at least not in the near future.

We may need a DNA test. I think we might be brothers dude lol.

Seriously, that Heritage was a brutal shoe. I have the Del Mars as well and haven't worn spikes since I got them.

Best, adidas Adipure. Classic looks with modern fit. Excellent water resistance (but do take forever to dry once they get wet), I've worn them a ton over the past year and they still look great.

Worst, adidas Powerband 3.0S. I returned a pair of 360 4.0 S for these due to a defect, and I actually wish I still had the defective shoes instead. Impossible to keep remotely clean, any dampness on the course tends to show up in the webbing around toe, nothing like a white shoe with a dirt stain on the toe. The heel seems to be more round on this model vs other adidas shoes and it does not fit the heel very well ie, loose.

I have a few pairs of shoes. I like a lot of them. Rather than rate them, I will let the reviews on the home page I have done be the rating. I think I have 46 pairs total and love some better than others. Right now I can safely say that the Lunar Control Nike shoes are #1 in my rotation by a landslide. So much so that I keep two pairs of them on the THP Tour Van and 3 more pairs here at the office.

I don't have as many pairs as JB, but I do agree that the Lunar Controls are the best shoes I've ever owned.

Tried on a lot of different ones before buying and they came out on top and I could not be happier.

I'd have to say the worst pair I've ever had were the FootJoy Contours? I think that is what they were called. Whatever the least expensive model they have is, right around $40 for the pair. They were my first pair of "real" golf shoes when I started taking the game seriously.
Never were that comfortable and lasted less than one season before the sole started coming off at the toe and flapping around. I managed to glue it back for a while but came off again. Felt like I was walking on 2 X 4's...

Worst is too many to name.

Best, probably my Ecco Biom Hybrids.

About to buy some Cally Del Mars.

Best are my newest and that is my Adidas AdiCross. Very comfortable with great traction. Worst was a pair of Nike (I don't recall the model right now), but I would have very sore feet after every round.

I always buy low cost shoes, nothing over $100, even for every day wear, I just don't believe in spending a lot of money on shoes. I would go barefoot everywhere if I could get away with it.

Worst were Etonic's which gave me plantar fasciitis. Best are my current FJ's which have insoles to prevent...pantar fasciitis.

Best pair of golf shoe's I've ever owned are easily the Lunar Controls. They'd probably contend for the best pair of shoes I've owned period... And now I'm off to look at shoes...

Back