I'd have to roll it before I decide. It would have to be better then the Drone

No better than the tm smoke for $10 more. At least tm has good inserts. It felt bad, but at least the ball came off decent. With the nike, it feels like a mini-r11 driver.. Hitting a rock, with no absorption/compression at all.

^that's a fantastic way to describe the feeling. If you roll one of these, and go roll a Scotty or Ping Anser or TM Ghost/Smoke, they feel about as different as can be.

^that's a fantastic way to describe the feeling. If you roll one of these, and go roll a Scotty or Ping Anser or TM Ghost/Smoke, they feel about as different as can be.
You cant compare a $300 Scotty to one of these. Apples to oranges. As for the others, the ones with inserts feel very similar. As for the Clevelands and the Karstens, again apples to oranges because they have metal faces.

You cant compare a $300 Scotty to one of these. Apples to oranges. As for the others, the ones with inserts feel very similar. As for the Clevelands and the Karstens, again apples to oranges because they have metal faces.

*cough*350*cough*...
i tried these before i even bothered trying a scotty tho..

since this was brought up, I'll put in my two cents. I have one, and it does the job, just not very well. The insert is rock hard without much feel. If you have sparse greens that are fast, it's hard to be positive. It makes my knees tremble over the ball from that distance. I can't wait to replace it honestly. I just wish it's replacement wasn't a $300 Ping Anser 5...

It's a great looking club though.

Replace it with a Method Core. Best putter I've ever owned.

I just picked up a Nike Everclear E-33 (the spaceship), and so far I like it. For a backgrounder, I've always played a blade putter, never even a half-mallet style. It was all about how it looked to me, and confidence in that look. I'd been playing the same old POS Dunlop Anser-style for about 12 years, and I was pretty good with it when my game was on. The big mallets always turned me off.

I had two problems I wanted a putter to help with, though. One was alignment--my Anser-style had a very small black line only on the top edge, so it was tricky to get it aimed just right. The other thing I thought I needed was a bit more MOI--on longer putts I guess I tend to throw the putter out just a bit and make contact more toward the heel. My old putter would sometimes go dead when I did that and come up well short, and possible left of target.

I spent a lot of time trying out putters. I will say that I didn't like the Nike Method Core feel at all. It was too harsh or something. I liked some Pings, not many Odysseys, some TMs, and some lower-line brands. I tried the mallets because of the alignment and higher MOI, and found that I could easily get over the look of them if they worked. I really liked a couple of TM models, but I couldn't find much difference between them and the Everclear to justify $100 more. And those plastic inserts on the TMs--well on some models they felt just like cheap plastic to me.

So...

Cons first:
- It makes a 'tingy' metallic sound on impact. I think this is the "claws" resonating more than a sound off the face.
- It looks a bit unconventional. OK, more than a bit.

Pros:
- Great for alignment. I can imagine a my line running right through the markings on the putter.
- Seems much more forgiving than my old putter.
- The grip is good and tacky feeling.
- The mallet at least seems to have a good weight for me
- It is well balanced. I have a stroke where I do it all with the shoulders--hands, wrists, and arms stay locked in position. The face does open a bit on the backswing, but I think a face-balanced putter is good for my swing (or slightly toe-down).

Feel: This is what people seem not to like here. It is hotter off the face than my old putter. I thought I was looking for the opposite of this, yet I still like the putter. I thought I'd be blowing putts way long, but even after 15 minutes on the putting green I was getting the distance dialed in. I don't find it harsh, and it definitely isn't mushy. I think once I get the distance really dialed in, this stick could be deadly. It's going where I aim it, now I just have to read the greens correctly. Right now, I think it's a keeper.

Edit: BTW, I tried some Scotty's out, too. Most notably a mallet-style. This may get me some eye-rolls, but...I didn't like it. I didn't like the feel of it. I can't imagine that the additional $270 I would have had to pay for it would have saved me any significant number of strokes, either.

i just got one of these off ebay for $25 after trying one out at the local golfsmith (e11 answer style). all i can say is it working wonders for me. ive sold ten or more scottys on ebay biz and have tried them all on are practice greens and like ThinkRationally, cant see the extra dough (must be a wanted status thing) although i love out putting my golf buddies that roll them.
i do believe a odyssey white ice or white hot??? (cant remember which) is in my future, but it felt similar to the everclear which much better feel, that or the nike core which i have only tried a blade which isnt my style. my first post WOOT WOOT! and im sure this thred is dead, looks about a year now. i can smell the decompostion of it, may just been thinkin about scotty putter, i kid (2 each his own)

Last edited:
Back