Driver Shoot Out Results

Quite a few companies emailed in about this and loved the report. We are going to be doing these quite a bit more and comparing 5 drivers a month with 10 or so different golfers and seeing where the results end up.

good job! very cool

Very nice comparison! The Nike winning was a surprise after the Dymo finished middle of the pack, but it just goes to show that being adjustable to anyone's swing (and not closed-face) can make all the difference.

Can't wait to see what's in the next comparison :banana:

Quite a few companies emailed in about this and loved the report. We are going to be doing these quite a bit more and comparing 5 drivers a month with 10 or so different golfers and seeing where the results end up.

Excellent news. That plan sounds like it will be a great feature. Any thought on expanding the concept to include shoot-outs of other kinds of clubs?

Definitely. We want to do wedges and hybrids as well. Putters are so personal, that it would not really work we do not think.

Definitely. We want to do wedges and hybrids as well. Putters are so personal, that it would not really work we do not think.

i agree about the putters. good idea

Good stuff.

Is there a matrix that shows how each driver did in each category, by tester?

What can I say... I like data!!! :)

That would involve a lot of typing by me Scrib. But I will see what I can put together. Atleast do it by grouping of handicaps.

Certainly don't want you to go out of your way any more than you already have by putting this together.

It's like when I pick up a copy Car and Driver and reading about the top sports cars going against one another. The verbiage is there, but they also show based on various elements; handling, acceleration, braking, etc. on a 1-10 scale.

Would be cool to see. But it's work, I know.

That would involve a lot of typing by me Scrib. But I will see what I can put together. Atleast do it by grouping of handicaps.

Dont sweat it Scrib. I will get something up for you this weekend.

What type/brand of ball was used? :comp:

Possibly the best club thread I have ever seen. Awesome work out there guys and thanks for doing it!

Excellent review....short and concise, yet not really missing any info that left me wanting more. For more full info on each driver thats what the individual reviews are for.

Really enjoyed reading that. Expected the R9 to be higher though

Just watched Matt swing again. Anybody else notice that he comes off the ground ala J.B. Holmes? That is impressive.

He also averages over 290 per drive. Its a thing of beauty that anybody can come down and see. He still loses to our teaching pro on THP amollerud everytime they play, but being able to hit a 2 iron 270 and drive the ball 325 plus is simply amazing.

And grab, thank you for the compliment on the thread. It was a lot of fun.

Yeah, Matt's swing is a BEAUTY.

325 is a long way and you really have to see it to appreciate it. I carry about 275 and have occasionally entered the hallowed 300 ground, 325 makes me feel like an adolescent. By the way, trying to get stationed in Florida, would love to come see you guys one day.

Im not where near that distance, but it is simply a sickening distance. When you get a hold of a drive (for me about 275) and he goes passed you with a 2 iron it is sick.

Man perspective sucks sometimes haha. 32 years old and I can't even carry a 2 iron anymore, 5 wood, may have to go looking for sympathy in a Budweiser now. Damn kids haha.

I'm sure pleased with my '09 Taylormade Burner. Sounds like it's just what I need as a higher handicapper. Thanks for keeping me from buying 12 other drivers to test out! :D

Unfortunately it's too late to keep me from buying every putter in the world to try out. :clown:

We have some great putter reviews coming up, as well as we may even do a round table with putters where we base it on performance only. We spoke today about it

Putters are an interesting undertaking. I would be curious to see if a concensus can be reached on such a "feel" part of the game.

We have had a HUGE amount of email come in from companies over this show down, and we are pleased to say that regardless of how the drivers fared in the results, the companies have all been pleased.

They have all requested that we do these more often. So with that in mind we are going to try and do this monthly on a lesser scale, but more organized. Each month we will pit 5 drivers in a show down of sorts and give you the break down of how they fared for each handicap group.

Excellent.

I recommend you include a ring of fire in one of them. Just for fun.

Back