19th hole - Par 3 - 1400ft above the green.

MontyV

Reaction score
Handicap
soaring
My mom e-mailed me this a few months ago, it is an amazing hole, I want to play it before I die!

just having to take a helicopter to the tee box just amazes me.

just having to take a helicopter to the tee box just amazes me.

A agree. But I'm not going to lie, I'm terrified of heights, I would probably get up there, tee up, hit, and then not even watch.

I wonder what the green is made of. I would imagine that the ball gets plugged everytime. Thats of course if you amazingly hit the green.

I wonder what the green is made of. I would imagine that the ball gets plugged everytime. Thats of course if you amazingly hit the green.

Well I don't know, I didn't see one from the video of Padriag and his buddy, but they hit drivers into it so I don't think it plugs too much.

Well I don't know, I didn't see one from the video of Padriag and his buddy, but they hit drivers into it so I don't think it plugs too much.

Well I was just thinking that from anything at that height it would just plug.

Well I was just thinking that from anything at that height it would just plug.

One would think. I mean coming down from 1400+ feet.

yeah, ive seen that online. that would be soooooo cool to play just once in my lifetime

What I dont get is that there is a spotter down there. Wouldnt that guy die if he got hit with the ball? I dont think you could get out of the way fast enough.

What I dont get is that there is a spotter down there. Wouldnt that guy die if he got hit with the ball? I dont think you could get out of the way fast enough.

That is the best way to die ever.

Upon entering Heavens gates..

"I got hit with a golf ball flying from an elevation of 1400 feet in South Africa."

That's insanity. The overhang looks awfully dangerous. Maybe there's a net or a fence or something below the edge. But I guess if they aren't worried about golfers being devoured by lions on the course, they wouldn't worry much about clumsy golfers falling off the tee box.

Back