Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasman,
THe Marlins proved just how flawed it is twice. Ask Pittsburg, KC, Baltimore, Washington, and half the other teams that cannot compete. It took the Rays about 8 1st picks in the draft to get there. Most teams can acquire good young talent, then when it is time to resign this talent, they cannot.
Baltimore, KC, and DC have the money, they just dont spend it wisely. Hell, the Nationals and the Royals are owned by two of the richest men in the country.

The way I look at it, the Red Sox are going to be the best in the east this year. Mostly because of their starting rotation and their bullpen. They stock piled inexpensive arms all this offseason, every other team in the league had a chance to get those guys. I look at contracts that these teams you mentioned have signed and think that is the reason they cant compete.

You cannot possibly think it is fair in any sport to have one team spend 200 million and another 45 million????

The knee a ceiling and a floor. It is the reason that small market teams can compete in every other league.

You cannot possibly think it is fair in any sport to have one team spend 200 million and another 45 million????

The knee a ceiling and a floor. It is the reason that small market teams can compete in every other league.

But thats what makes Baseball better than any other sports. Last year the whole country got behind the Rays as they took down the swollen payroll of the Red Sox. Same goes for the year before when the Indians made their playoff run. The ratings where great when they took out the Yankees and people watched when they choked against the Red Sox. It makes for great drama, that I feel other sports lack. Ill agree with you abut a floor, I have problems with teams who take money from revenue sharing and dont spend it. But until I see that it becomes such a unfair advantage, I wont get behind a cap.

But you eliminate more than half the league each and every year before the season starts. I believe you are in the minority for the most part Gasman, because unless you are a fan of a big market team, the rest of the country has looked passed MLB and it is no longer America's game because of that issue. Free Agency with guaranteed contracts is a disaster for fans, because there is no cap.

But you eliminate more than half the league each and every year before the season starts. I believe you are in the minority for the most part Gasman, because unless you are a fan of a big market team, the rest of the country has looked passed MLB and it is no longer America's game because of that issue. Free Agency with guaranteed contracts is a disaster for fans, because there is no cap.

I could be in the minority, but I think most baseball traditionalists feel the same way. I am a fan of a big market team, but we only won our first playoff series in 20 years last year. The Dodgers are top five in payroll year in and year out, but they always find a way to blow it. One of our biggest rivals and the team that gives us the most trouble is a small market team, the Padres.

2 more days until Opening day.:banana:
Maybe JB can change the name of the thread to just Baseball thread since the Hot stove is over.

Your wish is my command.

I can't wait til the Yankees first game. I'm PUMPED!

Your wish is my command.

You guys really are the best JB.

I can't wait til the Yankees first game. I'm PUMPED!
Do you think the game will be on the MLB network tonight. I cant wait to see it. You know they went all out on everything.

Both of the new ballparks look amazing. The new Shea has some crazy dimensions.

Just heard the Royals-White Sox opener in Chicago got snowed out.

That sucks, I think the Red Sox/ Rays game got postponed too. It sucks for all of the people who took of work for it.

I just got this email from my ex brother in law (a lifelong Yankee fan) after I emailed him about the Royals-White Sox snowout:

The Yankees play the Royals this weekend down there. Nothing like losing your home opener.

I can't wait to see tomorrow's pitching duel between Suppan and Lincecum. If the sarcasm didn't show I'm kidding. Last years best pitcure vs. the Brewer's 4th sarter from last year. Should be a doozie.

I can't wait to see tomorrow's pitching duel between Suppan and Lincecum. If the sarcasm didn't show I'm kidding. Last years best pitcure vs. the Brewer's 4th sarter from last year. Should be a doozie.

Haha, did they really give Soup the opening day start?:confused2:

Yep Sox and Rays PPD, getting ready to watch the Mets and Reds.

Harang looked good until he left that ball up to Murphy, then the defense started looking like the Bad news bears.

I just got this email from my ex brother in law (a lifelong Yankee fan) after I emailed him about the Royals-White Sox snowout:

Sounds like a typical Yankees fan. Ill being pulling extra hard for the Royals this weekend.

2 more to 2k TGM

It's time to kick some Oriole ass at 4:05 PM EST! WOOHOOOO

That should be a tough opening day task since I believe 2 of your starters make more than their entire payroll.

That should be a tough opening day task since I believe 2 of your starters make more than their entire payroll.

Whatever works....all I gotta say is it better work.

Your Rays better annihilate the Sox!

I want to see what the Orioles bring this year. Adam Jones will be fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back