Is this possible ?

Relapsable1

Reaction score
Handicap
[video=youtube;8ciIP-lrgr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ciIP-lrgr8[/video]
Would it be possible to slow this down and do a frame by frame to see where exactly a ball makes its contact with the club head ?

Doubtful. Impact tape would probably be a quick solution.

That must be crazy fast, I can always see the impact with my camera, maybe your swing speed is just stinkin fast!

Maybe impact tape or even the good ol sharpie trick would tell you

I think you would need a high quality camera, capable of shooting many, many, more FPS.

With the right recording devise which I am guessing you probably don't have..

You would need a camera that does slow motion, basically speeding up the fps.

One thing you could try is to use an application like iMovie and slow it down really slowly, I was able to capture some cool stuff that way including my in motion avatar! I'm not too sure about impact point though you may need a super camera!

I'm not sure how to do it with that video but I regularly film my range sessions and I can slow them down to still shots on my Mac.

I have a sony camcorder that does about 13 seconds worth of high frame rate/slow motion capture. It's good for capturing a swing, but I bet it's still nowhere near enough to catch that kind of close up and point of impact.

I think you would need a konica-minolta bizhub cam. Yes, I now know that name by heart due to all the times I've heard it said on TV.

~Rock

Ok ill look around and see what could get the job done, but if I cant, I'm just uses impact tape then, thought it would look really cool jus to see the compression of the ball on the face

Back