Thinking about re shafting my driver

Relapsable1

Reaction score
Handicap
right now i have a Nike SQ Dymo and i love it to death, but from this year i notice that im much stronger than when i bought it.

the specs for the shaft are as is -
Flex - Stiff Flex
weight - 55 Grams
wide body design
Axiv Core.

What i found is that with a fair consistant swing the shaft has to much flex when the head makes contact with the ball producing an unwanted Fade or Draw.

what would be a good shaft to replace the old one. any input would be greatly appreciated and greatly considered. also what are some good grips that you guys have had good success with with a good shaft pairing.

Only way you will find out is to try different combinations with that head. It is really tough for someone to help you pick a shaft without you getting fit, or at least having some launch information.

I know when I picked out a driver there were a lot of shafts I saw good reviews on, many did not fit me whatsoever.

Swingspeed?
Swing tempo?
Price range?
Current ball flight?
Desired ball flight?

right now i have a Nike SQ Dymo and i love it to death, but from this year i notice that im much stronger than when i bought it.

the specs for the shaft are as is -
Flex - Stiff Flex
weight - 55 Grams
wide body design
Axiv Core.

What i found is that with a fair consistant swing the shaft has to much flex when the head makes contact with the ball producing an unwanted Fade or Draw.

what would be a good shaft to replace the old one. any input would be greatly appreciated and greatly considered. also what are some good grips that you guys have had good success with with a good shaft pairing.

Can you tell me about your ball flight in general? Are you sure its a flexing issue with the shaft that is causing the issues?
As for grips, I almost only use the THP Pure Grips.

Can you tell me about your ball flight in general? Are you sure its a flexing issue with the shaft that is causing the issues?
As for grips, I almost only use the THP Pure Grips.

I no the shaft is causig the issue cause I don't want to say its cracked but there's somthing wrong down by where it connects to the club head, and ball flight is all over the place, I don't hit it consistant enough to say that it goes one way then another way, yardage isn't an issue cause when I'm at the range and I hit that 1 out 10 shots the max is around 260 yards.

Its not usually a shaft issue with the ball going every which way, however if there is a crack or defect, that is a different matter altogether. Do you have the opportunity to get to a launch monitor and get some basic data?

Ball speed
Spin
Launch angle

If you can get me those three, we can start to work on some basic items that might help. Of course your best bet is to get to a proper fitting, but since I am guessing that is not an option, lets see about getting this at least headed in the right direction with some basic info.

Its not usually a shaft issue with the ball going every which way, however if there is a crack or defect, that is a different matter altogether. Do you have the opportunity to get to a launch monitor and get some basic data?

Ball speed
Spin
Launch angle

If you can get me those three, we can start to work on some basic items that might help. Of course your best bet is to get to a proper fitting, but since I am guessing that is not an option, lets see about getting this at least headed in the right direction with some basic info.
I can get u that info as soon as tomarow

Back