Harrington's Driver at Masters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Three-time major winner Padraig Harrington may have found the right driver for his try at a third consecutive major this week. Harrington, a Wilson staff player, has been using the newest driver offering from the company called the Spine.

Last week at the Shell Houston Open, Harrington put a TaylorMade r9 in the bag with the Grafalloy ProLite 35 shaft that he prefers in his drivers. However, he didn't sound too confident that the club would be his final choice.

When asked if he found a functional driver, Harrington answered, "Today, yeah."

Harrington averaged 51.8 percent of fairways and 303.8 yards off the tee for the week at Redstone, but that was brought down by a dismal Sunday. The Irishman found 29 percent of fairways and had 275 yards off the tee in a closing-round 77.

is it the spine? or is it the smooth? the smooth is wilson's newest driver the spine came out last year.

• Admin
That was sent over straight from Wilson. But I am a little confused by the whole thing. I think he will be playing the R9

Ah, I play the Smooth very nice driver, the Spine sounds like a tin can and its virtually unworkable which is why I thought it was odd that Paddy would be using it.

• Admin
I have been told that he is using the 905 Titleist today.

Back