Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love watching my Rays win yesterday. But even better than that was watching the Yankees LOSE AGAIN!!!!

Gotta love watching my Rays win yesterday. But even better than that was watching the Yankees LOSE AGAIN!!!!

If you're rooting more for the Yankees to lose than the Rays to win, you have a problem.

Trust me, most AL fans are rooting for that. Yankee Misery is better than winning in my eyes.

Trust me, most AL fans are rooting for that. Yankee Misery is better than winning in my eyes.

I think you might need some glasses. Contacts will do. Especially when your team has a shot at the pennant, etc...and you're rooting for more the Yanks to lose, than the Rays to win? Yikes.

Come September we root for our team. But the evil empire losing is the best thing in baseball.

Gallardo hit a 3 run jack last night for the Brewers. Now we just need to get the rest of the pitchers in the batting cages. Maybe they could make up for some of the runs they are going to give up.

Come September we root for our team. But the evil empire losing is the best thing in baseball.

I hate walking around and seeing NY hats in Texas!!! now I understand some people may have roots back to the Yankees but for the most part we all know they are t-shirt fans who got on the bandwagon when the yanks were dominating the league a few years ago. I can't wait for the day the wheels fall off the NY Yankees and ut band wagon and all thrift stores are full of pin stripes and burnt orange.

I hate walking around and seeing NY hats in Texas!!! now I understand some people may have roots back to the Yankees but for the most part we all know they are t-shirt fans who got on the bandwagon when the yanks were dominating the league a few years ago. I can't wait for the day the wheels fall off the NY Yankees and ut band wagon and all thrift stores are full of pin stripes and burnt orange.

The Yankees haven't dominated since 2000. Hardly bandwagoners at this point.

Absolultely you can be on the bandwagon post winning era, you jump on when things are good and stay aboard beacuse you like to revel in the past glory of that affiliation.

Im going to have to agree with Floppy on this one. There are a lot of New Yorkers transplanted all over the place who are just Yankees fans. Although when they win again, you will see a ton more hats.

The whole Adenhart death was very sad, he was so young and just starting off his career.

Bogey should be happy right now, Joey Votto is going off today. The Reds have looked decent so far.

There are a lot of New yorkers all over the place. But if you believe that is why they have so many fans, that is crazy. its the same reason that everybody was a Celtics and lakers fan. The same reason after that everybody was a Bulls fan. They want to be in the majority.

But the problem with Yankees fans (not all of them), is that they never stop talking. They should win every year based on what they spend. But they dont. Yet last year what led off Sportscenter and other shows? The rise of the Rays or the demise of the Yankees? Of course it was the Yankees. Because their owner is a known JERK. Lives in Tampa and is hated by most here.

Watching them spend more and more every year and lose more and more has been great.

The whole Adenhart death was very sad, he was so young and just starting off his career.

Bogey should be happy right now, Joey Votto is going off today. The Reds have looked decent so far.

I didn't get to watch Opening Day since I was working and I didn't get to watch last night (see my rant of the day). I can't watch today either since I'm working, but I am listening to the game and so far I like what I hear. It's been 3 years since a Red has had back to back 3 run home run games. The last time was Griffey against the Brew Crew.

While I agree with almost everything you said JB, I think they have lost a lot of those bandwagon fans. Its just like Tiger Woods though, the Yankees are the most recognizable team in baseball and ESPN assumes everyone watching are idiots.

My problem with Yankees fans is that they claim to be the most knowledgeable baseball fans in the country, but the second their team gets eliminated from the playoffs, the ratings tank. They wont watch postseason baseball if a NY team isnt in it.

I didn't get to watch Opening Day since I was working and I didn't get to watch last night (see my rant of the day). I can't watch today either since I'm working, but I am listening to the game and so far I like what I hear. It's been 3 years since a Red has had back to back 3 run home run games. The last time was Griffey against the Brew Crew.

I feel ya, im going to miss the Dodger game today and I didnt bring my radio with me. I might have to sneak out early.

yet one of the lowest ratings in WS history was the Subway Series.

yet one of the lowest ratings in WS history was the Subway Series.

Well thats because the rest of the country doesnt like NY.:act-up:

Alright F it, I just cancelled my 115 meeting. Im not missing a ball game during opening week.

So I dont think I was expecting the Blue Jays and Orioles to start like they did. (Tor. 5-1, Bal. 4-1) Also Cleveland is not looking too good at 0-5. Its been a pretty good first week so far though.

Saw on Baseball Tonight on Saturday that Albert Pujols had as many HR (2) and RBI (7) than the Royals did as a team, entering their game Saturday night.

indians.... epic failure.....

I just got back from Opening Day at Dodger Stadium. Man what a zoo, but I got to see Orlando Hudson hit for the cycle.

I heard Harry Kalas died today too, in the booth right before the game. What a bummer for Phillies fans. That guy was a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back