Dented new R11...I need your help!!

Yes I can see them saying that as well. I am still so mad at myself for allowing this to happen! But my poor shot story is 100% true and I just hope they believe me. I am hoping that since I just bought new irons and this R11 (all TM and all from GS) within this month they will have some sympathy for a poor new college graduate. I am going tomorrow evening after I hit the links. I will most definitely give an update (hopefully with good news)!

Yes I can see them saying that as well. I am still so mad at myself for allowing this to happen! But my poor shot story is 100% true and I just hope they believe me. I am hoping that since I just bought new irons and this R11 (all TM and all from GS) within this month they will have some sympathy for a poor new college graduate. I am going tomorrow evening after I hit the links. I will most definitely give an update (hopefully with good news)!

I'm surprised that you haven't gone immediately, I would before you dent up the driver on accident. Golf smith is good enough that you will probably walk out with a brand new one in no time, there is no point in putting more wear on it that normal, believe me if they have any reason to refuse it they will!

You may want to call the store and let them know you'd like to speak with the manager that evening. Them knowing beforehand will help your case.

I would love to go but I am out of town ad can't get to GS until tomorrow. Otherwise I would have gone straight there after I did it! I am not using it. Simply keeping it covered and clean until tomorrow.

I would love to go but I am out of town ad can't get to GS until tomorrow. Otherwise I would have gone straight there after I did it! I am not using it. Simply keeping it covered and clean until tomorrow.

Oh I see what you mean, for some reason I thought you were going to use it haha, well I hope that they'll give you a new one and who knows, if there aren't any r11 in stock they may give you and R11s

Oh I see what you mean, for some reason I thought you were going to use it haha, well I hope that they'll give you a new one and who knows, if there aren't any r11 in stock they may give you and R11s

That would be great! Morals of this story thus far: Keep your receipts (I already knew that one DOH!), be careful when working on your grip, and don't go out of town if you plan on destroying a brand new golf club!

Story time: When I was younger I bought a brand new Big Bertha steelhead driver...saved up for months. Finally got it and let my father, who isn't much of a golfer, hit it. He hit the ball with the top of the head and caved the entire head in (I've seen him do it with 2 more cheaper clubs since this). Callaway replaced the driver with the newly released Steelhead plus. If Callaway can replace a club free of charge for a player error, I think Taylormade can replace your club for a genuine golf shot!

hopefully it all works out for you.

Does GS have a rewards program like Golf Galaxy does, they can use those to track down your receipt information

Story time: When I was younger I bought a brand new Big Bertha steelhead driver...saved up for months. Finally got it and let my father, who isn't much of a golfer, hit it. He hit the ball with the top of the head and caved the entire head in (I've seen him do it with 2 more cheaper clubs since this). Callaway replaced the driver with the newly released Steelhead plus. If Callaway can replace a club free of charge for a player error, I think Taylormade can replace your club for a genuine golf shot!

Thanks for the story! I have done this before with an old driver as well. I have a bad habit of really going after drives (I could drive 295 pretty consistently at 14). Now I am 22 and picking golf back up and still have some of the same bad habits. This was less going after it as trying to fix a pull hook. I hope you are right about TM! Everything I have heard about their customer service is great. So I have high hopes. And paying a little wouldn't be the end of the world either. Anything to avoid buying a new club. I just hope they believe my story! Luckily you can literally balance a ball in the dent. I doubt you could do that if it came from another club hitting it. haha

TaylorMade has great Customer Service...even in the 90s! My parents bought me a TM Burner (with the godawful bubble shafts) for my bday and the shaft broke just above the bubble. TM replaced the entire club at no expense and no questions asked.

Good luck with your R11. Just tell them what happened and ask what your options are. They'll take care of you.

i know that my coach bought a tm 09 tour burner when they came out, and the face bent inwards in 4 different spots. he took it into golf galaxy without his receipt, and they gave him a new driver, the newest model tm had at that time (can't remember which one he got, i think it was a superfast, not sure)

Ok guys. New update. Got to come back to Austin early and I just got back from GS. Sad to report that the manager at the GS world headquarters here in Austin was completely unsympathetic and actually quite rude. I explained to him exactly what happened and he immediately said "I can tell you right now I can't do anything with this. We can ship it up to TM and they can inspect it for manufacturer warranty, but I doubt they will be able to do anything with it either." I think he assumed I slammed it in my bag, though I can't be certain. I don't think my young appearance helped either (I'm 22, but don't look it). So, I left the club with them. They will call TM tomorrow and let me know what they say. So, the saga continues and I am quite peeved with GS for the complete lack of kindness. Any other ideas?

Ok guys. New update. Got to come back to Austin early and I just got back from GS. Sad to report that the manager at the GS world headquarters here in Austin was completely unsympathetic and actually quite rude. I explained to him exactly what happened and he immediately said "I can tell you right now I can't do anything with this. We can ship it up to TM and they can inspect it for manufacturer warranty, but I doubt they will be able to do anything with it either." I think he assumed I slammed it in my bag, though I can't be certain. I don't think my young appearance helped either (I'm 22, but don't look it). So, I left the club with them. They will call TM tomorrow and let me know what they say. So, the saga continues and I am quite peeved with GS for the complete lack of kindness. Any other ideas?

I would be pissed too, honestly, you might as well take it back spend 1.50 on testors enamel paint and fix it yourself

I would be pissed too, honestly, you might as well take it back spend 1.50 on testors enamel paint and fix it yourself

Well my worry is that it that little raised section will fully separate with use and depressurize the club, deeming it a glorified hunk of metal. I am going to call the guy I talked to at TM earlier in the week and tell him what happened and see what he says. If the head can be replaced for a reasonable price I will do that. If the club is still playable, I will just pick it up and accept the dent as a new beauty mark. Doesn't change the fact that I am now really upset with GS. I understand that they might not be able to help me out, but there was no need to be so rude to me. I certainly was nothing but kind and understanding.

Well my worry is that it that little raised section will fully separate with use and depressurize the club, deeming it a glorified hunk of metal. I am going to call the guy I talked to at TM earlier in the week and tell him what happened and see what he says. If the head can be replaced for a reasonable price I will do that. If the club is still playable, I will just pick it up and accept the dent as a new beauty mark. Doesn't change the fact that I am now really upset with GS. I understand that they might not be able to help me out, but there was no need to be so rude to me. I certainly was nothing but kind and understanding.

Yeah my dealer sold me an R11 with a left handed shaft and refused to do anything about it or take it back, so I called the company told them what happened and they basically told hi he had to fix it and they sent him an adapter and he switched it our for me, but it took 2 months cause he was being a jerk, anyways, the company will do a better job at getting back to you and they should still be open since they're in CA

I'd kindly tell him that this wasn't your fault, if he wouldn't call Taylormade you would, and that if they didnt want to help you you'd kindly make sure you spend your hard earned money at Golf Galaxy/ TGW/ etc for now and deal with their customer service, as well as tell all of your friends and family to do the same.

Todays update in the saga! I was expecting a call from my GS here, which never came (not surprising). Decided to call my contact at TM, Chris. Chris has been such a great help through this and acted like it would be no big deal and that he would get it taken care of for me. No action on TM or GS's part yet, but I have high hopes and the TM customer service has been nothing but fantastic so far! I'll be calling again tomorrow.

Todays update in the saga! I was expecting a call from my GS here, which never came (not surprising). Decided to call my contact at TM, Chris. Chris has been such a great help through this and acted like it would be no big deal and that he would get it taken care of for me. No action on TM or GS's part yet, but I have high hopes and the TM customer service has been nothing but fantastic so far! I'll be calling again tomorrow.

Anything having to do with Golfsmith over the phone is always an adventure. Of all of the "big box" stores, I will never order anything from GS again. Every order I have ever placed online or over the phone has resulted in the order either never being processed or never being shipped. You can never go wrong contacting the manufacturer directly as they are probably in a better position to help you out. Good Luck.

im sorry but that is a clear case of user ever.. I dont see how TM or GS would help you .. Although i wish you luck.

I mean you REALLY got under that!

Looks like my buddys superfast that he smacked off the stone teebox marker.

Ahh thats terrible, I feel your pain. When I first started out I had a Cobra driver and I was just swinging the driver like a baseball bat and one day topped it really hard and dented it the size of a golf ball. :-/

im sorry but that is a clear case of user ever.. I dont see how TM or GS would help you .. Although i wish you luck.

I mean you REALLY got under that!

Looks like my buddys superfast that he smacked off the stone teebox marker.

Yes, absolutely user error. I am definitely not trying to claim otherwise. But as you can see on this thread people have similar stories to mine and it worked out for them. Worst case scenario is I pay $150 for a new head. Ill be out a little more money, but better than paying $250 for another one I guess. But we will see! And yeah, i got way under it. Had it teed up to high and even took a divot. I was working my grip because the head was closing on me on impact. So I guess I was just concentrating more on that and had a lapse on a couple other things.

Great news guys! I hadn't heard from GS or TM in a few days. So, I got a little annoyed and called over to my local GS to see what was going on. I will be getting a brand new club by the middle of next week! I will post again when I have the club in hand. But as for now, it seems like TM has come through again for a customer! Taylormade just earned themselves a loyal customer!

Great news guys! I hadn't heard from GS or TM in a few days. So, I got a little annoyed and called over to my local GS to see what was going on. I will be getting a brand new club by the middle of next week! I will post again when I have the club in hand. But as for now, it seems like TM has come through again for a customer! Taylormade just earned themselves a loyal customer!

That's great news! I knew that TM would take care of you. They are really a great company, and have incredible customer service.

Back