Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasman, you saw a great game. Kalas was a classic. He will be missed. What a voice.

Mark "The Bird" Fydrich also left us, sad day, what a great character and pitcher in his day.

Seeing the Yankees get KILLED by the Rays last night was great. Seeing WANG and his ERA of 29.00 is even better. But the best is watching Jeter leave guy after guy on base this year with his avg of .207 so far.

Gasman, you saw a great game. Kalas was a classic. He will be missed. What a voice.

Its always good when you kill the Giants. Unit looked good the first couple of innings and then just deflated like a balloon.
It looked like you guys had a wild one with the Reds too.

Mark "The Bird" Fydrich also left us, sad day, what a great character and pitcher in his day.
I agree, there wasn't a blooper reel without him on it when I was a kid. It seems like the sport is lacking guys like that now a days.

Seeing the Yankees get KILLED by the Rays last night was great. Seeing WANG and his ERA of 29.00 is even better. But the best is watching Jeter leave guy after guy on base this year with his avg of .207 so far.

If I was to guess, I would say your not much of a Yankees fan. Did you see Swisher strike out Kaplar, haha you know he wont hear the end of it.

RIP Harry Kalas...I grew up hearing him on tv. I cant imagine watching the Phils without him. :sad:

RIP Harry Kalas...I grew up hearing him on tv. I cant imagine watching the Phils without him. :sad:
Im going to miss hearing "outa here" on the highlights. It leaves you with a empty feeling when a sports announcer dies.
The Brewers may need to get Swisher to bolster their rotation.

I was impressed, that guy is awesome. You can hate the Yankees as much as you want, but you have got to love Swish. How has Looper looked so far?

He pitched their home opener. Went about 5 or so innings. Not too bad compared to the rest of the yahoos. He didn't get the win but he also didn't lose.

You are right about the feeling when an anouncer dies or leaves. You get so used to the same voice. The Brewers radio color guy left for the Braves this year. It will take a while to get used to the new guy. I hope Uecker never retires. The guy is incredible.

You are right about the feeling when an anouncer dies or leaves. You get so used to the same voice. The Brewers radio color guy left for the Braves this year. It will take a while to get used to the new guy. I hope Uecker never retires. The guy is incredible.

Bob Euker is the best. " Get up Get outa here". How did he become so popular in the 80s? Between Mr. Belvediere, Major League and the Miller Lite commercials, the guy was a pretty big star.

I don't get how someone as big as Prince Fielder can have such baggy pants. Just looks weird.

haha, Swisher is so funny. Must've been embarrasing for the guy who got K'd by him.

Brittany Lincicome to throw first pitch for Rays

Brittany Lincicome to throw first pitch for Rays

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/tour-insider/shag-bag-blog-april-28944/

We’re for 2 for 2 in electrifying major championships this season.

As good as the Kraft Nabisco finish was two weeks ago with Brittany Lincicome winning with one of the great shots to close a major, the Masters was packed full of even more fireworks from start to finish.

We’ll see if the women can hold serve with the McDonald’s LPGA Championship up next on June 11-14 at Bulle Rock Golf Course in Havre de Grace, Md.

Lincicome, by the way, will get a Major League test before that.

The Tampa Rays have invited her to throw out the first ball when they play the Boston Red Sox on April 30 at Tropicana Field. Lincicome grew up in Pinellas Park, Fla., about 15 minutes from Tropicana Field.

“I need to start practicing my pitching,” Lincicome said.

– Randall Mell
Posted April 14, 2:57 p.m. ET

I don't think this is the first time she's done this, but cool nonetheless:

CeremonialFirstPitch_BrittanyLincicome_001.jpg

The Brewers in the last 2 games have had the bases loaded 3 times without scoring a single run. That takes talent.

It's barely a week into the season but Kansas City is in first place! I am pleasantly surprised, but hopefully they can keep it going.

I don't get how someone as big as Prince Fielder can have such baggy pants. Just looks weird.

Thats some funny stuff, he has also got to be the fastest big man in the game.

I believe he had 2 inside the park homers last year. You probably felt the ground shaking in LA as he made his way around the bases.

It's barely a week into the season but Kansas City is in first place! I am pleasantly surprised, but hopefully they can keep it going.

So is Seattle.

I'm pretty sure that is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

All of the division leaders outside of the Cubs are a bit suprising at this point.

So is Seattle.

I'm pretty sure that is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Im thinking the Mariners might be decent this year just based on the rotation. Bedard looked great on Sunday. If he wasnt such a ***** he is a bonified ace.

Junior becomes first player to hit 400 HRs with one team and 200 with another team.

Gasman, Looper got the W for the Brewers last night. Looked pretty good. Fielder had a double with one of the sweetest tag avoiding slides I have ever seen.

Gasman, Looper got the W for the Brewers last night. Looked pretty good. Fielder had a double with one of the sweetest tag avoiding slides I have ever seen.

Did Cameron hit two last night? They were talking on the MLB Network that Bernie the Brewer is going to get a good workout from the slide this year.

He did hit two. Bernie would probably break the slide if he had to go down everytime an opposing batter hit one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back