My Wife's Birthday

cantputt

Reaction score
Handicap
?
My wife's birthday is coming up. She golfs about once a year but seems to enjoy it. She actually isn't too bad considering she never plays. We have talked about getting out more together. I have been considering getting her lessons for a present. My dilema is that she is more of a material possession kind of girl. I take the great risk of her getting mad at me. Is it worth the risk? I would get to golf more myself if she golfs more. Is a few days or weeks of the cold shoulder worth possibly more golf? What do you guys think?

I got Golfergal a package of 5 lessons with a pro for a gift when she was just starting up and she really ended up liking it.

How about some shiny new clubs?

Golf can be more fun when you enjoy your equipment.

The new Cleveland stuff sure is pretty (I really think they're making the best looking stuff for the girls in '09)

Or maybe a new outfit, and a gift certificate for a few lessons like JB suggested.

What's wrong with power tools? Jacqui never seems to mind . . .

I think That would leave me worse off than the golf lessons.

You just might be right! hehe

If she only goes out once a year, I'm going to say stay away from a golf present. You run the risk of being seen as getting yourself a present. (Remember the Simpsons' episode where Homer gets Marge a bowling ball?)

Stick with something traditional for her birthday (jewelry, fancy dinner, iPod, etc.) and get her the lessons as a surprise later or maybe in conjunction with the "normal" gift.

That's what I'm afraid of. Very nice use of a Simpson's reference. Nelson would be there pointing at me saying Ha Ha as my wife gives me the stink eye.

If she only goes out once a year, I'm going to say stay away from a golf present. You run the risk of being seen as getting yourself a present. (Remember the Simpsons' episode where Homer gets Marge a bowling ball?)

Stick with something traditional for her birthday (jewelry, fancy dinner, iPod, etc.) and get her the lessons as a surprise later or maybe in conjunction with the "normal" gift.

Definitely avoid any golf related stuff for her, if she really only plays once a year it's a complete waste & will probably put you in the doghouse.

Damn, where were all you guys when I got my wife a Harley for her birthday or the bird dog pups she got one year? LMAO

"We have talked about getting out more together."

It depends on what that means. Like, talk often, and she's really excited about the idea? Or talk about it like you talk to that annoying old college roommate about doing lunch and it never happens?

I'd say there's not enough info here. If she likes cute outfits, then a cute *multifunctional* (not JUST for golf) outfit with a lesson card tucked into the pocket might work. But I just don't know her. (And my birthday is traditionally forgotten, so I have pretty low standards.)

I bought my fiance a Golf Set for MY birthday, that was my excuse.

That's what I'm afraid of. Very nice use of a Simpson's reference. Nelson would be there pointing at me saying Ha Ha as my wife gives me the stink eye.

I agree with everyone else on this one. If shes not too into it, its almost a guaranteed stink eye. Ive gotten it for buying her stuff for her (my) motorcycle.

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm going to go with something I know she will loke plus the lessons. Everyone wins.

Going with the power tools, huh.? hehe

Smallville, i don't know if she's ready to take it to that level.

You're a sick man Harry. Very very sick!

Yep, I'd avoid the golf gift for sure!

By the way have you noticed my family portrait in my avatar?:D

Back