Twelve year-old girl perfect against boy's team

A perfect game at any age is amazing. At 12, that's both an extremely accurate pitcher and (if a ball was put in play) a great job by the fielders to ensure no errors in getting the out.

As far as development, 12 puts them about 6th grade. At that age, I can't think of a single girl pitcher that could out throw the top 50% of pitchers in our area. And none were nearly as big or strong as most of the guys. :confused2:

I guess I was just relating it to my anecdotal experiences, I was 5'2", 95lbs until I was about 15. Up until then I played jr olympic water polo and the girls were always much more aggressive and usually larger than us. I also look at my 11 year old sister who routinely beats boys in her 14 and under group, most of which are shorter than her. So to me a 12 year old girl beating up on guys her age seems par for the course. I just find it funny because if we really wanted equality this would be no more special than a 12 year old boy throwing a no hitter against other 12 year old boys. It's a loose, loose situation for the boys all around. If we win against a girl, we get no congrats because all we did was beat a girl, in fact we might even come out looking like the bad guy....if we loose then our man cards get taken away from loosing to a girl. This is why when I was Captain of my polo team in highschool I always rejected the girls challenges to an exhibition, we had nothing to gain from it.

Back