Clicgear 3.0 Push Cart Review

I have borrowed a buddies Clicgear a few times and finally yesterday I went and bought my own. Used it immediately and played one of my best rounds ever!

Question for you guys, mine was the floor model 3.0 at my local shop and it did not have a cup holder. Do all the new 3.0s come with that standard? Everything I'm reading is saying that it should have been included.

Yes, cup holder is definitely included.

make sure your umbrella holder tube is there too... those should be the only things that are included that are removable.

I finally broke out the umbrella to use with my clicgear. However the umbrella rattled and bounced around nonstop...it wasn't a very good fit. I realize that the clicgear umbrella is perfectly sized, but has anyone found any other very snug fitting umbrellas to use with the holder?

I finally broke out the umbrella to use with my clicgear. However the umbrella rattled and bounced around nonstop...it wasn't a very good fit. I realize that the clicgear umbrella is perfectly sized, but has anyone found any other very snug fitting umbrellas to use with the holder?
I bought one of those Mibrella's and I love it. Watch the video for securing the umbrella and it should securely hold any umbrella regardless of type. You take the elastic band and wrap around the holder tube a couple of times, then wrap it around the umbrella handle and it should be in there nice and snug. Watch the video for Mibrella on youtube and you'll see what I mean. If you want a new umbrella in any case, the mibrella is expensive, but it works great and It really does work when attached to the golf cart. And you'll get lots of looks and comments about it too.

i want this thing so dang bad.

i want this thing so dang bad.

Me too. I'll get one eventually. I hit my $500 PayPal check limit because I sold some tickets for my grandma and used up most of it to give her the money. So I have to wait for Sept. then should be able to snag one.

Me too. I'll get one eventually. I hit my $500 PayPal check limit because I sold some tickets for my grandma and used up most of it to give her the money. So I have to wait for Sept. then should be able to snag one.

i'm gonna use money i get for christmas on one. i WILL have one by the new year.

Anybody smash their finger when unfolding it? You know... Where it says "keep your fingers away from this area"? Ouch!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Anybody smash their finger when unfolding it? You know... Where it says "keep your fingers away from this area"? Ouch!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Done it numerous times already :/ I think it's supposed to get easier as we learn it but I'm skeptical at the moment.

Dan

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

I understand what you're saying about the elastic band. The problem is the handle is too skinny and even with the elastic band, going up and down hills and over bumps, the umbrella will still bump left and right and move around quite a bit. If you look at the clicgear umbrella, the handle is relatively thick and perfectly formed for the umbrella holder. But it's also $40. And also not very attractive.

In addition does anybody have a recommendation over white umbrella verses a black umbrella for heat and shade?

I have borrowed a buddies Clicgear a few times and finally yesterday I went and bought my own. Used it immediately and played one of my best rounds ever!

Question for you guys, mine was the floor model 3.0 at my local shop and it did not have a cup holder. Do all the new 3.0s come with that standard? Everything I'm reading is saying that it should have been included.

yes, it's included. but be aware of the location of the holder when you fold it back up. I split the top of mine when folding up to put into my trunk. But, I don't think I would have used it much. The netting usually holds my water.

I bought one of these earlier this year from golfclubs.com- came out to ~$193 total out the door. My wife has added on the seat and the cooler bag (lower mount one, not the tube) for father's day and my birthday. The cart itself it amazing. I walk almost all the time now, except when playing with people who ride because of medical reasons. Very effortless to push this and the brake holds it in place well even on an incline. I've played on mostly flat and very sloped courses and the cart performs excellent no matter what. It can be a little bit of work pushing it up a long hill, but its still much easier than carrying a bag up the same hill. My feet and shoulders are not sore after a round like they would be if I carry for 18 holes.

I've got a Nike SQ Tour Carry bag (2010 model) and it has an odd shape to the base of the bag, with a large hinge that pushes out the stands. I was worried it would fit on the cart very well, but much to my surprise it works great. The nylon straps hold it very secure to the cart, and even the odd elliptical shape of my bag fits fine. I put my days Bagboy XLT-15 on it, and it also fits like a glove.

The mesh bag holds a ton of stuff...I usually throw my headcover in there when I have it off the club. I also will throw sunflower seeds or snacks in here. The compartment has plenty of room for most of my personal stuff: wallet, keys, etc. I dont need to put anything in the zipper pockets of my bag while playing. I keep balls, tees, markers, divot tools, sunscreen in there, but that is stuff I store inside my bag as well off the course.

My complaints about the cart:

The included drink holder is fairly narrow, and it wont work with all water bottles. I didn't know this my first time out and I had to throw the water bottle in the mesh bag, which worked fine. Now I know which water bottles I have that will fit in it. If this was adjustable to fit larger and smaller diameter items it might be ideal. Definitely not a huge deal though.

The included umbrella tube's diameter is relatively small. I have a large Nike golf umbrella with a rubber grip on it, and it wont fit inside the tube. I typically dont play in the rain so this isnt a huge deal to me. I am considering using a razor blade to trim down the butt end of the umbrella grip, as its slightly bigger than the rest of the handle to see if it will work.

No real good solution to mount my cellphone (which I use as a scorecard and GPS) that I know of. I know they make a GPS holder which I am going to look into, and there are a handful of third party products on Amazon that I might try. Right now I just keep it in my (left) pocket, which is ok- but its hard to get it back out with a glove on.

The cart is quite heavy. When you are pushing it loaded with clubs it isn't noticable, but I suspect others who have come from smaller push carts may notice a difference. This is my first cart so I dont know any better! When its folded I have to lift it into the bed of my truck and carry it into the garage at home. I am 6'1" / 200lbs, so it isn't a struggle for me- but I suspect someone smaller might have to struggle with picking it up folded.

I understand what you're saying about the elastic band. The problem is the handle is too skinny and even with the elastic band, going up and down hills and over bumps, the umbrella will still bump left and right and move around quite a bit. If you look at the clicgear umbrella, the handle is relatively thick and perfectly formed for the umbrella holder. But it's also $40. And also not very attractive.

In addition does anybody have a recommendation over white umbrella verses a black umbrella for heat and shade?

I just use my TM R11 umbrella. To keep it from flopping I hook the elastic over the release button for opening it. I have the adjustable umbrella holder too and I love it. Days like yesterday its a lifesaver and it sits up higher to so you don't have to duck all the time.

I agree on the fact that the umbrella (standard version) is quite, uhm...standard...it's quite simple and not adjustable which makes it more of a choice of umbrella than anything else, and that should not be the case.

I know I listed a few complaints on the cart, but maybe I didnt make this clear: most of those things are very very minor and overall I'd give the cart a 9.5/10. I looked at their parts website after posting this and all the failure points which might require replacement parts eventually are very reasonably priced.

I know I listed a few complaints on the cart, but maybe I didnt make this clear: most of those things are very very minor and overall I'd give the cart a 9.5/10. I looked at their parts website after posting this and all the failure points which might require replacement parts eventually are very reasonably priced.

Agreed on the parts, Clicgear stands behind their products and has been very helpful when dealing with them on replacement and extra parts.

never pinched a finger, folding and unfolding (once you get it) always amazes those who have never seen me do it, never tried an umbrella yet-
Best way to hold my phone is under the card holder elastic, I also keep a card underneath but use the gps on my phone for all shots and ususally don't even pull it out so it is very fast and easy

I bought a third party cell phone holder for mine that uses a clamp to grip onto the handle/push bar. The one that Clicgear sells is specifically set up for the iphone. It may work with others, but that is what it is designed for. They had two styles when I called them. I had a Samsung Captivate and now a HTC One X and my clamp phone holder works great.

This is the transformer of push/pull carts. My only complaint would be that it is so stout that it requires a little extra effort going uphill. But that is just being picky!

I bought a third party cell phone holder for mine that uses a clamp to grip onto the handle/push bar. The one that Clicgear sells is specifically set up for the iphone. It may work with others, but that is what it is designed for. They had two styles when I called them. I had a Samsung Captivate and now a HTC One X and my clamp phone holder works great.

I got this one and love it:
http://www.clicgear.com/accessories-clicgear-gps.html
clicgear_gps.jpg

It has these little red things to put on the back of the device you want to use, I've used it with a holster for my iPhone 4 as well as my GPS, it works awesome, plus this weekend when it was raining I could still have my GPS out with my Umbrella holder!

I got this one and love it:
http://www.clicgear.com/accessories-clicgear-gps.html
clicgear_gps.jpg

It has these little red things to put on the back of the device you want to use, I've used it with a holster for my iPhone 4 as well as my GPS, it works awesome, plus this weekend when it was raining I could still have my GPS out with my Umbrella holder!

I got one too. I didn't like the way the latch sticks out (its huge!) and I couldn't bring myself to stick on of those things on the back of my new Garmin G6 so I bought the Bracketron holder and bodged the two together so the clamp part is attached to the top of the Clicgear one. (There is a pic a few pages back.) I think it gives you more push space on the left side.

As for fingers getting caught - just once, only once. Watch the unfolding vid on the Clicgear site and learn how to keep you fingers clear.

I made a couple one was just a suction cup on a threaded bolt
IMG_5027.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_5026.jpg
[/IMG]
the other more like the store bought ones
IMG_5021.jpg
[/IMG]
but as I said it was just easier and more convenient to use the bungee

I got one too. I didn't like the way the latch sticks out (its huge!) and I couldn't bring myself to stick on of those things on the back of my new Garmin G6 so I bought the Bracketron holder and bodged the two together so the clamp part is attached to the top of the Clicgear one. (There is a pic a few pages back.) I think it gives you more push space on the left side.

As for fingers getting caught - just once, only once. Watch the unfolding vid on the Clicgear site and learn how to keep you fingers clear.
I went back 10 pages and couldn't find it, would you mind reposting?

My phone (droid razr maxx) is quite a bit bigger than an iPhone. Anyone have an amazon link to one that works well?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

My phone (droid razr maxx) is quite a bit bigger than an iPhone. Anyone have an amazon link to one that works well?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I use this one for my Galaxy Note in my car... seems to do a great job. I imagine it would work, although it really needs to be fixed to a flat or mostly flat surface... the scorecard holder might work but I do not have a Clicgear (yet), so I couldn't tell you for certain.

http://www.amazon.com/iOttie-One-Touch-windshield-dashboard-Galaxy/dp/B007FH716W/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

Back